It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at what Greenpeace is doing to the youth of the world!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I came across this video of an Angry kid and find it very disturbing.

Is this what groups like Greenpeace are doing to our children? If so I feel it is wrong. Educate them yes but to get them angry is uncalled for.

www.youtube.com...

Also I could be wrong but in the video the individual is hooded as if implying it was a girl however I believe it is a pre-pubescent or pubescent boy, what do you think is it a boy or girl?

If it is in fact a boy; does that mean that Greenpeace endorses homosexuality or are they just trying to trying to deceive people?

[edit on 2/22/2007 by shots]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The rhetoric truly doesn't surprise me as it has the familiar ring of PETA, ELF, and.................Adam Gadahn (of Al Qaeda fame). Left-wing wackos often share similar messages to those of terrorists.

[edit on 22-2-2007 by Freedom_for_sum]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I love how these extremists are always either ingored or defended when they pull the crap they do just because theyve successfully marketed themselves as being "goog guys."

Kinda like how everyone has just forgot that Planned Parenthood was started to limit the amount of minorities born and how it was all embraced by Hitler and the other eugenecists all over the world as the only way to save mankind.

But its all good because now women can revoke the right to life whenever they want.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
But its all good because now women can revoke the right to life whenever they want.

Nice attempt at thread-jacking; jerk off!

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_for_sum

Nice attempt at thread-jacking; jerk off!

Why would I bother to redirect a thread? Especially 2 or 3 posts in?
Its easier to just start one.

Whatever, call me a jerk off if it makes you feel better.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Topic of this thread: "Look at what Greenpeace is doing to the youth of the world!"

Your attempt....

...to introduce the abortion issue.

An indication of insanity: Doing something then pose a question inquiring why you would do it.

Back on topic:

What Greenpeace is doing with this kid (making him/her a poster child for for an apparent change in direction toward violence) is no different than Islamists groups showing pictures of children (and babies) with weapons in their possession. This video is proof positive that Greenpeace has become so radical as to merit terrorist status. Even one of the original founders of Greenpeace, Dr. Patrick Moore, has referred to today's Greenpeace as "radicals" and "extremists".

[edit on 22-2-2007 by Freedom_for_sum]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Also I could be wrong but in the video the individual is hooded as if implying it was a girl however I believe it is a pre-pubescent or pubescent boy, what do you think is it a boy or girl?

it's a boy.

If it is in fact a boy; does that mean that Greenpeace endorses homosexuality or are they just trying to trying to deceive people?

WTF ARE YOU SMOKING MAN?

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Wxx ARE YOU SMOKING MAN?

Obviously you did not read any of the comments on the video did you? Had you; then perhaps you could have seen where I was coming from. I was simply asking why he or greenpeace would want to hide the fact it was a man so some might think he was a she.

Sorry for the edit but I do not like such phrases, hope you understand.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Why would an attempt to hide a boys gender on Greenpeace's part, be sympathetic to homesexuality?

I have my opinion on why you may have asked, but I'll leave that well enough alone.

The words spoken by that child, IMO, were definately scripted, and produced by an adult. Poor kid, one day he will either be so engrossed in the extremist dogma of Greenpeace, or he will figure out he was used. Either way, he doesn't deserve any of it.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nextguyinline
Why would an attempt to hide a boys gender on Greenpeace's part, be sympathetic to homesexuality?

Honestly I have no idea it was just something that someone mentioned in the comments section that made me wonder if perhaps that was the case so I asked.. I honestly meant no offece by the comment.

Poor kid, one day he will either be so engrossed in the extremist dogma of Greenpeace, or he will figure out he was used. Either way, he doesn't deserve any of it.

Oh I am sure it was scripted, yet imagine if they can get to him what they could do if they got too others?

If they keep up those tactics they are gong to ruin the minds and thinking of children for years to come and that I do not like because frankly seeing a child act like that makes me sick.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Smart kid, angry? I believe he has a right to be don't you?

This statement speaks volumes shots.....

[edit on 22-2-2007 by Koka]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
greenpeace is exposing children to reports that are held up by the majority of the scientific community

what's wrong with that?

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Where did you see anyone, representing Greenpeace, showing the child in the video any documentation?

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
To the smug punk in the video.
"So long, and thanks for all the fish"
really..all those yummy fish.

Actually, this kind of staged anger is unconvincing to say the least.
People don't like to be told what to do, or how to be, or how to act..
Especially by a punk, who is reading his lines..LOL

However, if Greenpeace would stop the "in your face" tactics, and instead focus on how helping the environment could save you money, or spend their OWN money on Energy research..People just might listen..

In the meantime, I think I'll stop at the store, on the way homw and buy some jumbo shrimp for the propane grill.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
greenpeace is exposing children to reports that are held up by the majority of the scientific community

what's wrong with that?

Hadn't you recieved the email? It is now a crime to be seen to give a damn about the state of our planet. Also a criminal offence is the reproduction of scientific data for the purposes of educating the next generation.

It is especially criminal to be a child and be vocal about the issue.

But fear not mi amigo: The child won't be held accountable for this... this heinous crime. Those psychos at Greenpeace will be blamed. Damn left-wing, hippy, commie, freedom hating terrorists...

Er, scratch that last bit... got carried away

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

what's wrong with that?

Wrong!! The "scientific community" is very much split over the cause of global warming. There is no consensus and thus far, any conclusions made only serve to support the convenient bias of some organization(s). In fact; there's compelling evidence, gleened from arctic/anarctic ice cores) which support that the current trend in warming is a normal cycle the Earth goes through over the course of millions of years and is something we humans have very little control over. It is irresponsible, at this point, to draw any conclusion as to the cause of gw. And, I'd like to point out the obvious hypocricy of so-called environmental organizations and experts who regularily fly all over the country to attend conventions and whose members mostly drive gas powered vehicles. The only true environmentalsists I know of are the Amish

You can dillude yourself if you want but it is irresponsible, and no different than religion, to foist this fable on children; especially for the purpose of spreading an agenda.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Where did you see anyone, representing Greenpeace, showing the child in the video any documentation?

The kid or who ever posted the video put up a link to Greenpeace on the front page of the video you can find it here

Its on the top right or close to it. Hope that helps

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   

The kid or who ever posted the video put up a link to Greenpeace on the front page of the video you can find it here

Its on the top right or close to it. Hope that helps

I thought that it was pretty obvious that the video is a Greenpeace produced promo.

[edit on 23-2-2007 by Xeros]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The kid is an actor.

The kid's gender is irrelevant (although it appears to be male).

The monologue is scripted, the emotion part of the message.

The message, for those too wrapped up in their own agendas to acknowledge it, is quite simple:

Global Climate Change, often, and simplistically, refered to as "Global Warming", is real, and we must start dealing with that fact NOW,

For our children and grandchildren's sake.

The exact "Cause" of the phenomenon may be debated; but the cause(s) are, at this point, irrelevant to the action we must take. If we continue to foolishly waste our time debating the "cause" of GCC, as "grown-ups" are given to do when faced with problems, then we risk the fate of our offspring.

Our children do not deserve to be sacrificed due to our unwillingness to accept the inconvenient lifestyle changes that might make their lives less uncertain.

The kids seem to understand. Maybe because they've heard us say it so often:

"I don't care who started it! I'm telling YOU it Stops , This Instant! Or Else!!"

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
Our children do not deserve to be sacrificed due to our unwillingness to accept the inconvenient lifestyle changes that might make their lives less uncertain.

The kids seem to understand. Maybe because they've heard us say it so often:

"I don't care who started it! I'm telling YOU it Stops , This Instant! Or Else!!"

I don't think I could have said it any better... kudos

top topics

<<   2 >>

join