It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone thinking of moving out of the U.S

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
now relax haters i like my country, i really do, it is beautiful and i have alot of rights that other countries don't. i don't beleive the politicians are trying to help us and i believe they are trying to do the opposite, and undermind us and basically shrink the middle class

also i am rather sick of all the marketing and materialism and other "crap" that have this population so ignorant and deceived from there superior "bread and circuses"

but the main reason i feel like moving is because i am growing very concerned about life in this country by the end of this year, and i think there will be some very ruff times ahead hear. now i am not trying to convince anyone of this or not, so i do not feel it necessary to say why, however i was wondering if anyone else is thinking of getting out of here
and what if any countires seem appealing.

(i understand if you have a family it can be alot more difficult to get up and move based on a beleif or feeling that something is going to happen and our quality of life will become very crappy over here.)

i'm trying to brain storm and think of some countires that seem enticing or appealing or least dangerous, any thoughts or suggestions

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I'm a boat ride from Authoritarian America into Communist Canada.

I've run over the situations before.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Perhaps there should be something like monster.com for expatriates of any country wishing to relocate. Post your resume, political and religious beliefs, and wait for the call!

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Me being Afghani ill defintly get my ass put in a detention center. I mean hollywood has already released a movie with a similar theme, and you know what happens in hollywood comes true.

fight club buildings falling
Omega was shown in Men in black or something

[edit on 20-2-2007 by rrahim1]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I have been wanting to leave the country for over a while now. I had considered Ireland; however, Ireland would require me to abandon my daughter for 2 years while I work in their country. I am a single parent, and my kid stays with me.

I have been hearing quite a few people who are wanting to leave the U.S.

What's a good country to move to?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

From the sound of this board, pretty much any place in the solar system... Ireland sounds good. Nice that they make you work for them for years without allowing your family there... good system there it seems, but hey, the IRA is gone now, right?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp00ner

From the sound of this board, pretty much any place in the solar system... Ireland sounds good. Nice that they make you work for them for years without allowing your family there... good system there it seems, but hey, the IRA is gone now, right?

Yeah, I guess it's good if you could find your family years later. My kid would be in some foster care somewhere probably getting abused. Not going to abandon my child.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
You could always gather a few people that you are close to and buy an island.

My husband and I have been looking into islands, but by the end of the year we will probably go back to his homeland, Germany.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by sky1]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
i'm moving from the USA to my homeland, the republic of Malta, in late June or early July

i'll be there for about a year before i go to college in England

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
i havnt thought about leaving the country yet but i wouldn't hesitate if i felt i would be better off somewhere else.

part of me feels like its only a matter of time til it dosn't matter what country youre in, its going to be just as bad everywhere.. soon..

[edit on 20-2-2007 by biotic]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Think about it? On a daily basis. But I won't.

The kids think I'm nuts to seriously consider wanting to pull them away from their home. My husband is determined to be here to protect it, as we both believe that war, whether from "terrorists" or civil in nature, is going to happen in our lifetimes.

I'd certainly be checking out some of the WHO reports, UNICEF, and other agencies who keep stats on health issues, infant mortality, etc. And it would have to be a place where "live and let live" is the expectation.

I wouldn't wait too long before making a move if you are set on it. It won't get any easier to find a place willing to accept American "refugees".

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
well i knew others would consider it

how bout the bahamas, or sweeden, finland (cold yes but southern areas have weather similiar to Boston)

a tropical island would be my first pick but one that has some civilized parts as well

i think for the world to turn around we some how have to get away from MATERIALism and i hope that we can in some way balance spiritualism with technology, i am starting to think that given human nature and that we are all one, and that in the heart of every man resides good and evil, that we may only been doing the best we knew how, and that the light shining upon us in a few years will give us the capacity's to live in a better more balanced less corrupt way, no doubt there will be many shells broken to serve this omlet.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Australia mate "were the bloody hell are ya" we will take you, we take everyone else so a few that could speak english would be great. then again !!!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   

I'm a boat ride from Authoritarian America into Communist Canada.

Well I live in Canada and it's becoming more and more like the US, thanks to the bilderberger in powers (Dion and Harper) and the North American Union.

From the sound of this board, pretty much any place in the solar system... Ireland sounds good.

Ireland... close to UK, the biggest big brother/police state on earth.. I'm not sure about Ireland.

My husband and I have been looking into islands, but by the end of the year we will probably go back to his homeland, Germany.

Just saying... Germany is the 3rd worst country in the ``western world`` concerning liberty and rights, thanks to Angela Merkel.

i'll be there for about a year before i go to college in England

England... biggest big brother of western world. Republic of Malta on the other hand...

IMO, the good places are: Costa Rica (No.1), Vietnam (No.2) Iraq (No.3)...
Iraq have a new democracy, so it's good.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
i aint thinkin about movin away from the u.s cuz i live in finland but im thinkin about movin too u.s. i love u.s 2 death even if i never been there

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I have been wanting to leave the country for over a while now. I had considered Ireland; however, Ireland would require me to abandon my daughter for 2 years while I work in their country. I am a single parent, and my kid stays with me.

Jessica,
I would urge you to take a serious look at the current cost of living in Ireland before you make that decision.
But best of luck with wherever you choose.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Ive never wanted to leave but Ive been trying to find a way to seceed since I was 10. So far all of my scenerios end with me being shot to death by the government.

Sooner or later Ill be free.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by pmexplorer

Jessica,
I would urge you to take a serious look at the current cost of living in Ireland before you make that decision.

I have already ruled out Ireland because of their not allowing me to bring my daughter with me. My daughter stays with me.

I take it the cost of living in Ireland is high?

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pmexplorer

Jessica,

I have already ruled out Ireland because of their not allowing me to bring my daughter with me. My daughter stays with me.

I take it the cost of living in Ireland is high?

Unbelievably so Jessica.
If you have time go to any Irish auctioneer or estate agent site
and look at the price of an average 3 bedroom house, it will
be in Euro (s0 of course which is currently stronger than the US dollar.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I am not from the usa but one thing is for sure,

I would not move to the usa.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join