It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Fishermen catch "Alien" and eat it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
It was in the "Bild" today, gave Google a try and found this video:

www.youtube.com...

Is it just an unknown lifeform, a shark, or really an alien? It DOES look strange, in any case. I hope it's not an alien, he could have some friends down there ;-)

Village residents from the Rostov region of Russia caught a weird creature
two weeks ago after a strong storm in the Sea of Azov. The shark-looking
creature was producing strange squeaky sounds. The fishermen originally
believed that they had caught an alien and decided to film the monster with
the help of a cell phone camera. The footage clearly shows the creatures'
head, body and long tail. The bizarre catch was weighing almost 100
kilograms, the Komsomolskaya Pravda reports.

However, ufologists and scientists were greatly disappointed when they found
out that the fishermen had eaten the monster. They said that they were not
scared of the creature so they decided to use it as food. One of the men
said that it was the most delicious dish he had ever eaten.

SOURCE: www.virtuallystrange.net...

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Very odd indeed. Looks like an ET fish. REALLY weird. And ugly.

If its real...we obviously have many, many species in the deep to discover.

And it was caught after a heavy storm...God knows where the heck it came from...

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Very odd, however there is one thing that rings the hoax bell in my mind, well two actually.

1. The look of the 'head' of the creature looks almost cartoonish and kinda man made.

2. The fact that they ate it. Who would have known if this creature was poisonous or not? Either they said this so no more investigations coul dbe mad einto the 'find' or that it was an act of gross stupidity.

On the other hand, an interesting find, would like to know if there will be any follow ups.

It could be alien, but who knows there is a lot of strange things that reside in the deep, things that we know very little about.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It's a stingray on its back, that's all.......look up stingray underside on google images.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Looks like a stingray to me,

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Stingray? Yeah, probably just that:

static.flickr.com...
wishes.debian.co.nz...
www.jonco48.com...
www.sfondideldesktop.com...

And this is what a sturgeon looks like:

www.bcfisheries.gov.bc.ca...

That "alien" fish sure looks different, if you ask me. Maybe a relative.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by Akareyon]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akareyon
Stingray? Yeah, probably just that:

static.flickr.com...
wishes.debian.co.nz...
www.jonco48.com...
www.sfondideldesktop.com...

And this is what a sturgeon looks like:

www.bcfisheries.gov.bc.ca...

That "alien" fish sure looks different, if you ask me. Maybe a relative.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by Akareyon]

I am with you on this one. It looks almost like the head of a sturgeon and the tail of a sting ray. Go on Google earth and look that the wilderness of Russia. Their are so many lakes and rivers that any different type of animal might be still out their without the rest of world knowing anything about it.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Just looks like a shovel-nosed ray to me.

They do look cool though.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
It's a guitarfish. Like an intermediary between sharks and skates/rays.

[edit on 16-2-2007 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
It's a guitarfish. Like an intermediary between sharks and skates/rays.

[edit on 16-2-2007 by TheWalkingFox]

^^^^

I guess that this thread (and all the others with the same alien/mer-person/unknown creature) can be closed.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Complete and utter lie. Its a video reused in a made up story. The sound in the video is Arabic and its a verse from the Koran.

This did not happen in Russia it happened in a Muslim country. I remember this video a while back was another story about some people who thought that it was a cursed boy. Also the fish is a guitar fish:

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 2/16/2007 by Kacen]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Looks like a Devil fish to me.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Looks like a Devil fish to me.

This matches quite perfectly. I'm leaning more toward Devil Fish than Guitar Fish.

And it's not an alien! What are you people thinking?

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Attention everyone, this did not take place in Russia, the current story around the video is a complete lie.

It took place in a Muslim country. The speaking in the video is Arabic and from the Koran. Is no one listening to me? I know this as a 100% fact. Also I agree its a Devilfish.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Huh? I searched "devilfish found in region" (as I was trying to ascertain it's geographic habitat) and the main results were 'blue devil fish' and the 'blue damsel devilfish' which look nothing like this guitarfish. The blue damsel devilfish is a fish with a blue body and yellow tail for males and a grayish transparent tail for females. But hey, devilfish is a loose term used to catogorize all sorts of aquatic life by people who don't really know much about the subject (search devilfish in Google image). So if someone wants to call a guitarfish a devilfish, that's their call.

Me personally, there's nothin' I love more than devilfishing. Then when I'm done I like to go to the park and feed all the devilbirds, and then later I head to the zoo to see all devilcreatures.

[edit on 2/19/07 by Calm Anomaly]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I dunno. I don't think it's a devilfish OR a Guitarfish, but definately in the same group as them. The tail was too thin, and the fisla were too small, but i definately thin they were related. Maybe just an unknown species.
This is in no way an alien... Come on... It doesn't even look extra terrestrial.
Well, whoever found it, it's just idiocy. You wouldn't eat an alien if you were from a small village, you'd sell it, and get rich.
I'd say it's just balls, to be honest.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Of course it isn't an alien. The original story (as Kacen said) came from a Muslim country and was apparently (when I heard it) about a girl who disrespected the Koran and instantly turned into a demon...

Turns out its just an ugly fish.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
(Mod Edit: Do not insult your fellow members. Focus on the topic please.)

Dude that's cold-hearted - that was hella funny

What your gonna mod me and not him. Oh, I see how it is. I get banned for three 3 days for offending the Jewish religion with truth,but it's open season on Christianity or Islam 24/7 (whether it's true or not). Thats Classic, so classic. Man, sometimes I hate this place.

[edit on 19-2-2007 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I don't know what your talking about. If you're talking about the quote you posted I didn't say it, and if you're talking about what I had originally heard, its just as ridiculous as a Russian finding an alien and eating it.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Of course you didn't say that - I did. Your input into this thread sounded just as ignorant as that quote. The only difference is I was joking when I said that, where as you were trying to demean an entire religion. The idea that muslims believes in shapeshifting is patenly absurd and is only propagated by people such as yourself. But it's cool, I'm over it. As for that second joke: I'm not the least surprised it went right over your head

Does anyone else feel as though they've been decieved? And slightly dumber after visiting this thread? Just me? More flouridated Kool-aid please!

<<   2 >>

join