It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless/poor hit hard by anti immigration laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I live in FL I was born in TX. I lost all my information. I don't have a ID card or driver's license. I have no money.I am trying to get back to school but there's a insane loophole that keeps me stuck here. I need a GED to go to college.To get a GED you need proof of identification.To get a ID card you need a birth certificate. To get a birth certificate you need a ID card. You can order it online.I don't have a credit card or bank account.I can't get a job without a ID or get a GED or financial aid. Its like I am banned from the economy here.

So how am I supposed to get a birth certificate and thus function in this economy?

````````````````````
Edited spelling in title

[edit on 10/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Im thinking this is either a funny joke to pry caring out of our cold methodical intellectual minds. Or you have reached the drain section known as the "black hole". How did you lose all your info? Enlighten me.....

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
my mom lost it when we moved.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well at least you said it was your Mom who lost it. Im sure someone here will balme Bush sooner or later. I will do some research and see if I can helpo with your situation.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
just wondering why its so hard to get another one.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
All you have to do to get a birth certificate is mail away to the state. If you don't have any documents then a hand written note from your mother saying she gave birth to you on whatever date and a copy of her drivers license and birth certificate will do. She can also request one for you. She has proof of identity so she can request a copy of yours from the state you were born in. Once you have the birth certificate you can get a copy of the drivers licence. You can also mail away for a social security card. School records can also be used in most states to verify identity. Call your state office of vital statistics and ask them. I know for a fact that your mother or father can request a copy of the birth certificate for you.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
she doesn't have a drivers license or ID card either.(has epilepsy)

school cards won't work(already tried that at the DMV)

The records office just gives me a austin texas phone number. Which is useless because getting a Birth Certificate requires a ID card.

[edit on 10-2-2007 by Xenopathic Investigator]

[edit on 10-2-2007 by Xenopathic Investigator]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I would immediately begin heading west in order to illegally immigrate into Mexico. There are plenty of jobs & vacant houses. Nobody has a birth certificate and very few have documented education. With a little makeup you can advertise your mother as your sister. It is a very common practice. There may be a problem however finding a homeless friendly wifi connection.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This is not a joke. I lost me information and I can't get a replacement.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
From Texas Vital Statistics Site:

Offline instructions for ordering a birth certificate
1. Obtain and fill out an application for a certified copy of a birth certificate. You can either download one or pick one up in person. See the table below for details.

For births that occurred within the past 75 years, copies can be requested only by the immediate family of the person whose name is on the birth certificate. If you are not an immediate family member, you must provide legal documentation, such as a court order establishing guardianship, that documents a direct and tangible interest in the birth certificate.
2. Send in the completed application with payment using one of the methods listed in the table below. If the birth occurred within the past 75 years, you must include a photocopy of your valid photo ID issued by a governmental entity. The following are acceptable forms of ID:
• State-issued driver's license
• State/city/county ID card
• Student ID
• Government employment badge or card
• Prison ID
• Military ID
If you do not have a photo ID, you can instead send a copy of the photo ID of an immediate family member, or you can send copies of two documents showing your name, such as a utility bill and your Social Security card. One of the documents must have your signature.
We will not be able to process applications for protected-records birth certificates if the application is received without a photo ID or the alternate IDs listed above.

The processing times in the table below are estimates. Please make checks or money orders payable to DSHS.

Source

The MS Word application gives the address to send for your birth certificate. You can send a check or money order. If your school card has a photo, it should work.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
From Texas Vital Statistics Site:

Offline instructions for ordering a birth certificate
1. Obtain and fill out an application for a certified copy of a birth certificate. You can either download one or pick one up in person. See the table below for details.

For births that occurred within the past 75 years, copies can be requested only by the immediate family of the person whose name is on the birth certificate. If you are not an immediate family member, you must provide legal documentation, such as a court order establishing guardianship, that documents a direct and tangible interest in the birth certificate.
2. Send in the completed application with payment using one of the methods listed in the table below. If the birth occurred within the past 75 years, you must include a photocopy of your valid photo ID issued by a governmental entity. The following are acceptable forms of ID:
• State-issued driver's license
• State/city/county ID card
• Student ID
• Government employment badge or card
• Prison ID
• Military ID
If you do not have a photo ID, you can instead send a copy of the photo ID of an immediate family member, or you can send copies of two documents showing your name, such as a utility bill and your Social Security card. One of the documents must have your signature.
We will not be able to process applications for protected-records birth certificates if the application is received without a photo ID or the alternate IDs listed above.

The processing times in the table below are estimates. Please make checks or money orders payable to DSHS.

Source

The MS Word application gives the address to send for your birth certificate. You can send a check or money order. If your school card has a photo, it should work.

I don't have a prison ID because I never went to prison.
My student ID is lost
I never worked for the government
I was never in the military
I don't have a state issued ID card because I don't have a birth certificate.
I don't have a state issued driver's license because I don't have a birth certificate.
I don't have a social security card and my mom and brother don't have their information either.
I don't have my name on the bill its my mom.

See I am stuck in a loop hole because my mom lost all our information.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   
go to the hospital and get dna tested, then they will renew your birth cirtifcate once confirmed identity by blood check. etc etc

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Are you saying that no one in your entire family has any identification? How does your mom work? You can't legally get a job with no ID. How old are you? Have you check with Florida Department of Human Resources?

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I mean no disrespect at all, but I really have to ask how old are you?

I have had plenty of dealings with the DHS and have navigated the maze of offices and sub offices and paperwork and damn interviews until I wanted to scream.

So I guess we need to see if you are the age of majority yet, because that will make a lot of difference in how you must proceed.

DHS is damn humorless and uptight as hell.

My real point is, if I can sucessfully deal with those people, your problem can't be as bad in FL.

[edit on 11-2-2007 by Arkangel4time]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkangel4time
I mean no disrespect at all, but I really have to ask how old are you?

I have had plenty of dealings with the DHS and have navigated the maze of offices and sub offices and paperwork and damn interviews until I wanted to scream.

So I guess we need to see if you are the age of majority yet, because that will make a lot of difference in how you must proceed.

DHS is damn humorless and uptight as hell.

My real point is, if I can sucessfully deal with those people, your problem can't be as bad in FL.

[edit on 11-2-2007 by Arkangel4time]

I am 20. My mom is cannot get hired because she has epilepsy.(dumb-asses here think she's lying/contagious/lazy/crazy and don't hire her).

We are just scraping it together to live here(catholic charities).

Going to the DHS is useless. They just give you a number to austin texas.(I don't have a phone or can barrow a phone with long-distance).

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
ok .....
5 secs w/ google

DHS offices are located in almost every Texas county. Check your local phone ... P. O. Box 149030 Austin, Texas 78714-9030 Phone: (888) 834-7406 (voice) .

888 is toll free so no long distance.. you can do it if you want to

*glare*

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkangel4time
ok .....
5 secs w/ google

DHS offices are located in almost every Texas county. Check your local phone ... P. O. Box 149030 Austin, Texas 78714-9030 Phone: (888) 834-7406 (voice) .

888 is toll free so no long distance.. you can do it if you want to

*glare*

Do I pay them by money order? Do I need a ID to get another birth certificate?

Thank you. I want been searching for months on how to get this.

[edit on 11-2-2007 by Xenopathic Investigator]

new topics

top topics

join