It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird Flu, America Prepare!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I saw this article and it scared me that the government is alerting these companies to prepare plans for a pandemic. Drive-thru soup and bread at the supermarkets, armed guards on the delivery trucks, etc...

I wonder if the government plans on dropping this on us soon or if this is just another hoax. What do you think, are you prepared?

US Companies Prepare for Bird Flu

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
So your telling that the major gas compaines are going to have people live at the plants and never leave so the don't get infected by the H5N1.

Holy crap if the government is protecting their gasoline this must be real, it is only a matter of time before we are told about this.

Food distributors are planning to have no contact with people and employers are telling the people to work from home and not to come into work when sick, and not to worry about getting reprimanded.

I bet you 10 to 1 that it is already here but they are not saying anything yet, so the can get their ducks in a row before everything gets crazy.

I am getting my BOB kit and heading North hoping the colder air will keep it fresh and clean.

It has been the plan of the government all along to use this on us. Now that they know it is effective they will use it on us.

If you have any sense you would get ready cause I got a bad feeling about this one. It's like when the health department releases the warnings for the regular flu but now it is the government trying to protect their interest.

MONEY
POWER
POPULATION

Now the only question is are they going to start the panic first and then slip it in the vaccine to distribute it across the nation or is it in the
CHEMTRAILS

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I was just about to post the same thing. I am glad you did it though, because after reading the article, I was truely speechless. I would really like to know what the heck they know that we dont. Seriously, they are comming out and saying that this pandemic will.......well......bring us down to a 3rd world country with people killing for food and all. They are expecting 40% of the workforce to be out with it.
That would definatly cause issues.........I guess I just never thought of it like that before. I knew it was going to be bad, I guess I just never let my mind wander on about the effects. They seem to be planning for it to happen with in the year or so, dont you think?

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
When is the government thinking that it will hit us? would this sort of thing be more likely to occur during the spring time? non of the articles i have read are really clear as to when we as americans should really start to prepare for this sort of thing. i rememeber last year the news was all over this. sean hannity was freaking out about the whole thing. but then 2006 rolled around and nothing happened. now all of the sudden the governemt is getting this information out there that we are finding and the news is saying absolutly nothing. very wierd. anyway...back to my question when should we expect this bird flu to hit home?

Thanks
Digitalgrl

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I don't know when but I would plan for something in the next 7-14 months. If they are preparing the oil industry for this now, I would say this is a sure thing coming. If these companies are all taking the steps to insure they don't go under it worries me a lot. The hysteria has died down from the media and the people, but that is where the problem lies. There is no way people are going to buy into this again when nothing happened the first time. Maybe that was the plan all along. The government can then say, "You were warned, but did not chose to take action." "Not our fault"

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Well, then I'd say we had all better keep a few jars of Kimchee or SauerKraut on hand. You don't have to eat it, just drink the brine.

Also, I have been thinking about the air handling systems of multi-dwelling housing units. It may prove ineffective to stay in one's apartment if the air is contaminated from other units. Thats going to be an immediate concern for larger cities. Out here in the sticks, prolly not so much. I could isolate very effectively if need be, however if this thing does go wild, there would be no doubt instances of outsiders trying to get in.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Living in the sticks would be a benefit. Hopefully your far enough out that people won't invade upon your space. As the cities become more and more infected, the people will start relocating further and further away. Along with them comes the possibility of infection. Did you ever read Earth Abides by George Stewart, Great Book!

I didn't even think about the air units in multi dwelling homes. Bad news right there. Hospitals would be useless, as they are the most infectious places, even now. You go to the doctor for a non contagious condition and you're bound to end up sick when you leave.

I feel with the Dooms Day Vault that has been started, we each need to prepare for our own Dooms Day. This thing could be a reality rather then just hype brought on by the media. It sure doesn't hurt to be prepared...better safe then sorry.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It is my opinion that you have more chance of dying in Iraq than of dying from Bird Flu. I lived in Vietnam during the outbreak there, it is a manufactured disease -- created to threaten emerging economies, the public and to sell Tamiflu.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by deessell
It is my opinion that you have more chance of dying in Iraq than of dying from Bird Flu. I lived in Vietnam during the outbreak there, it is a manufactured disease -- created to threaten emerging economies, the public and to sell Tamiflu.

I agree with your 1st point....

The rest is fantasy...

Your quote..."it is a manufactured disease" (stated as a fact) is utter nonsense...unless you have verifiable documentation that you would be willing to post here.

Hmmmm, if you do reply, this might be a fun exercise in a point-counterpoint kind of way.

Just remember to post links to "stated facts". I'm ready with mine.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Check this out!
A Russian virus expert warned that a human pandemic of the bird flu virus was highly likely and called on the government to stock up on medicine and prepare hospital beds.

'No quarantine measure can prevent the pandemic. It can only slow it for a few days,' Dmitry Lvov, director of the Virology Institute at the Russian Academy of Sciences said at a news conference in Moscow....

The Russian expert warned there was a 90 percent likelihood that the current form of the H5N1 bird flu virus could mutate into a form easily transmissible between humans."

kix

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The page does not show or the link is dead?

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kix
The page does not show or the link is dead?

Oh sorry, here is the link:
www.birdflu.com...

please read it, it is pretty useful.

Caringly Yours,
Hachi

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I was going to start a new thread but thought this was befitting for this post and decided to bump it.

Bird Flu Health Scare In Newark: Continental Airlines Flight Evacuated After Two Hours On Ground

Bird Flu scare at Newark Airport? A Continental airlines flight departed Hong Kong at 11 am with 272 passengers on board and arrived at 2 p.m. in Newark, New Jersey with sick passengers.

www.postchronicle.com...

It goes on to say that the CDC was called in and declared that everyone probably had seasonal flu.

I'm not a betting person so that probability doesn't sit well with me. I would want tests and a 100% guarantee that this was seasonal flu.

Which is odd to me anyway that that many people would simulatiously get sick. The incubation period is anywhere from 3 days to 2 wks.

What is really really scary to me is that this is exactly how the bird flu scenerio would play out.

272 people though is alot of sick people at the same time coming from a country that is riddled with the bird flu.

Makes you go Ummm?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
i agree w/ you! this is so serious! The govt does a bad job of covering stuff up.
I bet it was bird flu! Normal flu wouldnt do that and i kno cuz im in a nursing assitant class
Thanx 4 posting this. We need to spread the word now while the is still time.

Caringly yours,
Hachi

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I have an honest question. Do any of you think they would tell us if it was the bird flu? If/when it starts to travel human to human, with the mortality rate they are talking about, would they tell us?

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
I have an honest question. Do any of you think they would tell us if it was the bird flu? If/when it starts to travel human to human, with the mortality rate they are talking about, would they tell us?

They (the government) would most likely raise the alarm. It would be in their interest to protect us since if this does go the pandemic route, they would be in a better position to fight this if the population is intact, ie; commerce and transportation still functioning and such.

As far as the government trying to hide an outbreak, well, with the internet and everything, they would be hard pressed to shut down all forms of information.

Most countries are cooperating with WHO in an effort to monitor H5N1 for outbreaks and sequence changes.

As it stands now, a rough CFR (case fatality rate) is as follows...

Indoneasia...78%

Egypt...33%

Worldwide....59%

These are very high percentages. In retrospect, the 1918 pandemic that killed upwards of 40-60 million only had a CFR of 3-5%.

You do the math. Then start prepping.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
it's not gonna be the 'bird flu" that will kill people.

it will be an 'activator', which is mixed with what is being sprayed right NOW in the chemtrails.

once they add this lethal activator with whats in the air now, millions of people will be sick and may die within hours.

when this will all happen? who knows.

my guess is sometimes this year, it has to be before they make us all have the National ID cards in May 2008. for security

im gonna be prepared no matter what happens

you guys should check this out... 10 emergency masks for $45

you can put them in your pocket, and bring them with you anywhere u go, cuz u never know when it'll happen.

www.emergencymasks.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Any idea's of how and when this'll hit Europe? (Scandinavia?)

I've heard rumors already that it was in Denmark and Sweden heading for the most Northern part of Norway. Can anyone confirm this?

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I worked for a major oil company last summer in their health, safety, and environment department. They had very complex plans that allowed field workers to live in the field, office workers to work from home, and rotations for positions that required transportation. The whole scheme was to be developed, presented to the president, and ready for action by 2007. It was a high priority and super complex.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The link to that super short article generated five ads that hooked onto my PC. I don't like links that do that.

<<   2 >>

join