It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who watched the area 51 special on TLC? (aired 12-16-03)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I wanted to opend this thread to get peoples opinions on the area 51 special last night on TLC.

Hopefully this is not a show that has been critiqued here before.

The 3d satellite images of the base were awesome
!!!!!

[Edited on 17-12-2003 by woulfgar]

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 08:29 AM
link   
sadly I fell asleep watching it...missed the interview with the "employee"

some great footage

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   
missed it guy's cause I live in the UK!!! what were the main points covered?

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Wulfgar,
Is this the one that has the British guy doing the reporting and he goes up in an airplane near A-51 and Nellis scrambles F-15s that buzz his little Cessna at like 800 knots? Also has interviews Nick Cook, Bill Sweetman, Bob Lazar (cough), and Admiral Inman of SAIC?
If so I think it's a very good program - Ive seen that one beforew and totally enjoyed it~

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Well the interview part was prolly the least interesting...
basically he held to the line that there was only testing going on, but he did a lot of whining about the conditions that the workers face (hazardous materials & the like).....

He made mention that a congressional investigation needed to take place....

I thought it was hilarious that the feds raided the guys trailer. worst part is the list of stuff they took had nothing that I recognized as being illegal.... I still dont know why they took his computer monitor....

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
Wulfgar,
Is this the one that has the British guy doing the reporting and he goes up in an airplane near A-51 and Nellis scrambles F-15s that buzz his little Cessna at like 800 knots?

No actually this was a new one. a local watcher put together a team of 4 people to do a 24 hour vigil watching the base.... he also went to the lab that operates IKONOS & got sattelite imagery & a 3d model on cd of the base

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I hate I missed that one then - oh well not to worry, TLC reruns their programs a lot~

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 09:10 AM
link   
yup, I nearly spit my beer when I saw the monitor part

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Maybe they were trying to tell him he cant see them?

the only thing on that list that I think was questionable were his scanners, if they were illegaly modified.....

worst part is since it was the feds, he prolly wont see that stuff again!

has it been locals he could have most likely retrieved it...

What bugged me most was that is shows that the feds can manipulate the laws for their own good & steal legally. I noticed they didnt say anyting about questioning him.... basically they ripped him off...

they musta needed the monitor so they could play Swat on their computers.....

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Saw it last night.One of the best on Area51 so far.I've always imagined going up there just to check it out but after watching last night's episode i don't think it's something i'll ever do.Security is waaaaaaay tighter than ever thought.Even the investigators that do it full-time were spooked away.Ya gotta be hardcore or loco to try to get in.Kudos to Chuck Clark for having the balls to go as far as he does trying to look into Area51.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I watched it last night and nothing new was revealed, Security was very tight, of course and throughout the show they were really pushing the security on the perimeters of Area 51. They had an interview with a "Mr X" but in a nutshell all he said was that secret aircraft were being tested. They followed a worker home from JANET Air, and of course this person would not talk when they knocked on his door. It was interesting- but not revealing.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I sure hope the Area51 worker who was followed to his/her house doesn't get into trouble.Probably gettin' a grilling from security after being shown on tv.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Since I have met Chuck twice, and keep in contact with him VIA e-mail, I loved the show. It's pretty kewl to see someone you think of as your friend on TLC!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I live in the UK and saw this program... Was on a few weeks ago. Forgot what channel... I don't know if it was the exact same program... But it rang a bell when people on here were talking about the man called "Mr X".

I remember seeing a program about Area 51, with a man called Mr X, who was being filmed on the bounderies of the base and you could see the 'cammo dudes'.

I missed a lot of it
I wonder if I will ever see it again, hope so... Becuase you guys make it sound very interesting!

Oh, while we're on the subject of TV/UFOs, did anybody watch a program called "Unsolved Mysteries" last night?
On Living TV. They have stories about anything unsolved, and last night had the rendelsham forest incident. Went over a lot of new stuff I hadn't heard of before.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I was sadly unimpressed.... The only good point was the 3d model. That was nice, but the rest was old info...

Oh, the bus that was hauling ass was pretty interesting though.....identical to the buses Lazar mentioned going from Area 51 to S4.

1. sensors on public land
2. level of secrecy
3. it's still active
4. Janet flights
5. Hazardous materials
6. testing against soviet planes
7. camo dudes

Nothing really new here...

Ok special as an introduction, but little anyone on this board wouldn't know...

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Just
Another
Non
Existent
Terminal

That cracked me up...lol

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Yeah I agree with you...I love anagrams

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I know im prolly runing it for someone, but I have often wondered why someone doesnt modify a small remote control plane so that it can be programmed in advace to follow a set pattern... rig it for solar power & a micro recording camera....one that can be rigged to drop from the plane in flight.... Im not saying it would be easy or cheap, but ... at though,,, the person could be waiting a lng ways away & have the plane fly by & drop the camera or film... then have it rigged with a self destruct mechanism.........

ok no I am not criminally insane, just a bit crazy!!!!hahahah...

I just love to come up with strange ideas ... not that I ever take them to completiong , just cool ideas... drives my wife nuts!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I was dissappointed thet the interview consisted of about 5 sentances regarding working conditions that the workers faced.

At least it will renew intrest and introduce a new generation to A51.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AZLS1
I was dissappointed thet the interview consisted of about 5 sentances regarding working conditions that the workers faced.

At least it will renew intrest and introduce a new generation to A51.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join