It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Time is Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
How many times has this board seen doomsday prophecies, long and heated debates about impending civil war, economic collapse, war... - you name it.

It's pretty much the purpose of ATS, isn't it?

Well, being prepared and in-the-know is all fine and dandy, the problem is i have a feeling it's mostly an elaborate show, designed to keep people on their toes. Note that this method works just as well in the MSM, seeing as there's an appropriate level of horror for everyone and people tend to (in their heads) fill in the blanks all on their own.

To cut a long story short, this internal terror is probably the most powerful weapon in the arsenal and, on the long run, time itself is meant to rid the world of (to them) 'undesireable elements' or simply anyone susceptible to constant apprehension. That doesn't mean that there are no camps in the wilderness or that JFK shot himself, these crimes are very real for the victims and while an escalation is a possibility or even likely, i wouldn't count on a noticable conflagration to occur, because they are currently winning and any change in schedule carries considerable risk.

So, if you're waiting for doomsday, fully prepared of course, you might not live to see it...

...unless Mr. NWO himself reads this and considers the plan foiled, of course

Thanx for your time, comments welcome,

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I agree that there is a level of hype needed to perpetuate an agenda, but the rub is how does one discern the real threat from the created one? You are correct, doom does sell, but if we cannot know which is the percieved threat and which is actual, how can we prepare? The best way I know is to be alert and have some plan in your head for catastrophy. I have a bug out bag that I pray never to need, but the reality is I may need it someday. I suppose we are a product of the fallout shelter generation. As a child I was terrorised by threats of nukes. I was depressed about it for a long time. I think this is where the preparation mentality comes from.

It is a shame that fear is a tool the government uses on their people. All we can do is prepare and react really.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
..I have a bug out bag that I pray never to need, but the reality is I may need it someday.

nothing wrong with that, if you sincerely hope you won't need it, it's just a necessary precaution, problems arise if one expects a meltdown maybe even counts on it, because such a worldview is inherently limiting. afaics, the NWO's goal IS more or less about destroying everything, but they are presently making the rules, so they don't need to go to open war, as long as the majority obeys.

This kind of phoney peace is of course much more effective at eliminating (the remnants of) a free society than warfare, because standards can be set arbitrarily, while warfare puts them to the test.

join