It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama -- Sex Offender?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
watch how this news vid puts up the words sex offender onto the screen when obamas picture is on the screen, and the news presenter smiling.

looks like the subliminal news is starting already

do you think this is just an accident.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by andy1033]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Fox sure is dirty enough to do that, however, I am unsure if they would be smart enough.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
SO what's worse?
a one second blip.

Or a thread title that many peruse, but not everyone clicks?

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
i was wondering what to call the thread, but i just went with the name on the video at youtube.

just wanted to see peoples reaction to something similar to the 2000 rats tv ad. whether deliberate or not, shows you people are playing there games.

read some of the comments on youtube, like

"OMG were those sex offenders marching in support of Obama????"

someone wrote this on youtube, hahahah. lol.

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW PEOPLE MARCHING FOR OBAMA GOT INTO THAT NEWS BIT, IT SURELY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT STORY, YET THEY SHOWED PEOPLE MARCHING FOR OBAMA.

lol,

[edit on 28-1-2007 by andy1033]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
That is a messed up news piece. Sure someone didn't edit it for a joke?

df1

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
i was wondering what to call the thread, but i just went with the name on the video at youtube.

So are you saying that you were an unwitting Fox News pawn?

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Or a thread title that many peruse...

Like you I wonder how many eyes have seen this thread title either via browsing ATS or as the result of showing up on a search engine query. Forum title spinning may be the in thing in political mudslinging and the mudslingers can deny guilt by making the underlying content benign.

Oh my gawd I'm a pawn too, I just bumped the thread...

[edit on 29-1-2007 by df1]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

I think I saw Hillary at the A/V controls!

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

This is exactly what I was thinking when I first saw the thread. The very first thing that came to mind was "Hillary."

Of course, now I just bumped this thread, and have furthered yet the reach of this messed up video clip.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It's a good thing that most Americans won't remember this in 2 seconds anyway. It would have done more damage closer to the primaries IMO. If it was intentional that is.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
yepp your right

www.google.co.uk...

but the vid is on other sites alos, been around for a week before i found it.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I cant see that vid with this computer, i have to wait till i get home to watch it... but the one thing i am amazed by is how noone is in the least bit suprised, i suppose we have come to expect this.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
As I understand things like this can't be "accidents" because they do it in advanced of the airing and all that. Of course I've never worked at a place with all of that so I have no idea but it's just what I've heard. It's just like when they call him Usama/Osama and than go "oopsie!" and act all innocent or they say Joe Lieberman is still a Democrat.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
yeah that just completely made no sense. then again, the news rarely does.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It was TOTALLY done on purpose. Fox is dirty and low enough to pull that off. Out of all news agencies Fox News is by far the most biased.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Just another reason I refuse to watch that crappy Fox channel.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Boy, I probally shouldn't bring this back to the top, but I just wanted to say that this was totally an accident.

I've worked in small market TV news for the last 8 years, five of those years as a director, and let me tell you, it is really easy for something like this to happen. all of the videos are shot and edited before hand, but everything else (the order of stories, the anchors, and any keys) is live come newstime. All it takes is one wrong video to roll and this kinda thing happens. I remember one time when I was switching I put the wrong camera behind our weather guy, usually we used an outdoor shot and I accidentally put up our liveshot which was showing a forkfull of leutifisk. Luckily in my case though, no one thought there was giant floating leutifisk in the sky

Another point of interest for media folk, KMSP just went tapeless in January, that means almost full automation. There are fewer and fewer live people involved that would ordinarilly catch this type of error.

I also wanted to clarify the fact that KMSP 9 is an affiliate of FOX, not a "FOX news" station. They have only been a FOX affiliate since 2002. check the wiki and you can see they've gone through a few changes in programming.

en.wikipedia.org...

All affiliacy means is that during primetime that channel airs FOX programming. They have nothing to do with FOX news, that is a completely diferent entity. "FOX news" is a TV Channel, FOX is a TV Network. Even being owned by a fox company means very little as far as this story goes, Owners have almost no say in what gets broadcast, that is left up to the programming and news departments. Owners can have a say in talent and look, but not content. Generally the News Director has final say in what airs, and even then it has to go through a few producers, editors, and directors to get on the air.

There are crooked news directors of course, pay for stories and all that. I've even worked with a few people who've had an agenda of sorts. Problem is, in order to put something like that on the air, it has to go through a whole heap of people. Chances are someone will catch it or refuse to air it. Also, by airing something untrue, you can hurt your credability and lose viewers or advertisors. Luckilly for most broadcaster, todays public isn't as dilligent in their fact checking.

I am currently employed by a FOX affiliate myself, since december, I have also worked for UPN and ABC affiliates, I can tell you with confidence that none of these stations took orders from the Network, each place runs with its own News department and News director who call the shots.

OK, Soapbox off, I hope we all learned something about TV. It's just normal folks punching buttons. Mistakes happen and things aren't always as they seem. I would encourage everyone to take the time to look up your local TV stations and see if they would give you a tour, maybe even let you stay and watch a show go on, it will give you a new understanding of what it takes to put a show on the air.

Thanks for listening, feel free to ask questions.

Jesse

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Yeah. It goes for like 0.5 sec. Who cares.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joshua Crick
Yeah. It goes for like 0.5 sec. Who cares.

Some one cared, thats why it got on tv.

Has the enrgy gone from his campaign now?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Has the enrgy gone from his campaign now?

Hopefully people are waking up to the fact that he has NO experience and that he isn't qualified for the position of POTUS. He meets the requirements (heck .. so do I) ... but he definately isn't qualified.

He's running on ... gee, I'm half black - vote for me.

That's all he's got. I HOPE the 'energy' is gone from his campaign very soon.

<<   2 >>

join