It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals found in stone! Real or fake??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I have heard of the frogs in ice story before and believe it to be true. Here in eastern Canada we have two species of amphibian that can do a remarkable thing. Each winter the wood frog and the blue spotted salamander produce naturally in their blood glucose and glycerol. This is a natural form of antifreeze, that allows both animals to freeze up to 99 percent of there bodies. Then in the spring thaw they thaw out like everything else frozen and walk away with no ill effects. I have personally seen blue spotted salamanders withstand temperatures around -10 without starting to freeze. They even retained some mobility.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
hmmm yeah some people got it right there are many many animals that can survive long periods of time incased in all kinds of things frog have be known to come out of bricks in destroyed buildings because they burrow in the mudd and people use the mud to make house in 3rd world countries or the mud dries up rain washes mud over that and soon little froggy is 30 feet underground until someone unearths him

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
hmm, don't forget that the pterodactyl (most dactyls were tiddly little things the size of sparrows, with a few growing to the size of a large seagull - pteranodons were the big guys, but even *they* weren't as big as those 1950's b-movies make out! lol) discovery came at a time when the dino-boom was at it's peak, and most of these stories were made up to gain an edge on competition.
they were literally mining these bones, with very little care or attention, which just goes to show how little it had to do with science back then.

it brings to mind the stories from rwanda of 1800's expeditions being attacked by 'large, leathery-winged, sawtoothed birds'. hard to discount given lack of evidence, but equally hard to believe for the same reason.

[edit on 17-4-2007 by Batty]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
i can vouch for this one.

i remember lots of time we would go back in the creek to do whatever for fun, everynow an then we would find a frog 5 feet under the dry rock, there the water had receded an silt ,rock an sand piled up.

an a couple times we would find small toads in solid dirt rocks.
we would crackthe rock like an egg, on with full force to break these open, only to find a toad, all u do is splash some water or moisture on it, an it springs back to life.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hi there, this is alittle bit off topic but I remember watching on the discovery channel, more specificly the daily planet, where they showed a small frog being frozen rock solid, the frog was native to canada... i think it was in ontario.
and they did an experiment where they caught a frog and put it in the freezer for 24hr and then check upon it to see if it has any vital signes... it does come back from its hybernation and it does the nomal frogy things. lol

It has to do with its blood, there is something in the frogs blood that keeps it from freezing... forgot what it was called but i remember thinking wow thats cool! so the scientist want to find that element that keeps the frog from freezing to death.
do u guys think that element in the frogs blood also (somehow) keep it from sufficating?

<< 1   >>

join