It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do the they not want to rebuild the Twin Towers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Why to the people in power not want to rebuild the Twin Towers? This seems to be a really odd problem. Any ideas? Do you think the Towers should be rebuilt?

Save NYC!

www.twintowersalliance.com...

-- Boat

[edit on 15-1-2007 by Boatphone]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I never understood this either. If the towers were truly cared about by those in office, it would of been rebuilt already. Nothing is going on at ground zero, as Olbermann had to point out recently.

I dislike the new designs too, rebuild 'em as they were.

EDIT: It seems to me this an attempt to prevent people from moving on. The scars still show.

[edit on 15/1/07 by SteveR]

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I would have preferred they rebuilt the WTC to look similar to the previous twin towers too. Construction has already begun on the new design...I think it looks very generic but then again from what I hear most people hated the original towers when they were first built.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I think rebuilding them exactly as they were would be a perfect act of defiance.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
One reason why nothing has been built yet is because it takes years of planning to build buildings that large.

First you have to settle on a design, then draw up plans for everything.
Then plans all the logistics etc..

But anyways, from the news I have seen they have begun construction of the freedom tower.

World Trade Center Tower 1, or Freedom Tower, is the centerpiece building of the new World Trade Center complex currently planned for Lower Manhattan. The tower will be located in the northwest corner of the 16-acre (65,000 m²) World Trade Center site, bounded by Vesey Street, West Street, Washington Street and Fulton Street [1] [2] 40.713° N 74.0135° W. Construction on below-grade utility relocations, footings, and foundations for Freedom Tower began on April 27, 2006.[1] As of December 19, 2006, the first steel columns are being installed at the building's foundation. Three other high rises are planned for the site along Greenwich Street, plus a residential tower that will surround the World Trade Center Memorial that is currently also under construction, and a museum.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
I think rebuilding them exactly as they were would be a perfect act of defiance.

I disagree..

I think we should build four brand new shinyer, taller, wider, in odd shapes, and all around super rich and futuristic looking. If someone knocks your house down, build a mansion thats what I say. Besides, the old ones where an eye sore if you ask me... not alot of architectual wonder. Though I hear it is going to be hard to fill vacencies in the new building.... being the new number one terrorist mark.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The Freedom Tower, eh...?

Sometimes I can actually feel them spitting in our faces.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
sodom

freedom tower.....how ironic.
who's freedom?

sodom

[edit on 16-1-2007 by sodom]

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
From the very beginning I've always said that we should rebuild the Towers with the addition of a third, taller tower in the middle of them and point it towards Mecca.

Let's talk about defiance.

This would show the world.

[edit on 16/1/07 by Intelearthling]

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
Why to the people in power not want to rebuild the Twin Towers?

Here are some possibilities.

The Silverstein Insurance Trial- The estimated cost of building the entire site in whatever shape or form has been estimated as exceeding $9 billion, with some estimates going up to $12 billion or more The insurance trial was clearly a result of Larry Silverstein’s determination to rebuild all 11 million sq. ft. of office space, as he’s obliged to do so under a lease he signed with the Port Authority two months before the 9-11 attacks. He shot himself in the foot to some extent when he announced in January 2003 that he would not allow any building taller than 70 floors.

At the same time he fought bitterly over a second $3.5 billion payment he wanted from his insurance policyholders to rebuild the WTC. He is entitled to a minimum of $3.4 billion to rebuild the site, but he wanted to double that amount to 6.8 billion, saying that the Twin Towers were two different entities. The extra $3.5 billion was owned by as many as 25 insurance companies, the largest of which was Swiss Re ($860 million).

Much more at the site.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I'm not entirely sure about this but when the twin towers were first constructed didn't they fly squarely in the face of economic feasability? I wonder if they were ever truly profitable because if I'm correct.. some people in high places wanted to get rid of them shortly before they collapsed. I remember reading quite a bit about asbestos issues and the money it would have taken to fix this problem. One thing I'm sure of.. the same spirit that existed that helped birth the twin towers is not here now hence the building of it's 'generic' replacement.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Simple. To make the people feel the impact. The twin towers of new york were a complimentary site anytime one would see New York City. They are forever lost now, never forgotten. And as long as they are remembered, they will preserve the state of fear. a state of mind that makes one easily persuaded to exchange their rights for safety despite them non-deserving of either.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I have just got back from New York yesterday. We visited ground zero on saturday morning. We tried to take some pictures of what the inside is like and the progress there making, we have those pictures but were later stopped and told to leave. My brother climbed a fence to take a particular shot i wanted and they didnt take a liking to that. The progress there making is correct, they have started with the first columns in place, it was really busy when we were there. Personally, i think they have taken far too long to rebuild anything there, weather it be the same towers or a new structure. I think whatever they will build will be impressive, give off a defiant image and will stand tall.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
In my opinion, they should not even be building another building on the site. Turn the site into a park because if you build another building there, it will just become another target.

Keith Olbermann on the events of 9-11.

join