It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush set for climate change U-turn!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

gisdirtbag.wordpress.com..." border=0>

Bush set for climate change U-turn!

George Bush is preparing to make a historic shift in his position on global warming when he makes his State of the Union speech later this month, say senior Downing Street officials.

Tony Blair hopes that the new stance by the United States will lead to a breakthrough in international talks on climate change and that the outlines of a successor treaty to the Kyoto agreement, the deal to curb emissions of greenhouse gases which expires in 2012, could now be thrashed out at the G8 summit in June.

The timetable may explain why Blair is so keen to remain in office until after the summit, with a deal on protecting the planet offering an appealing legacy with which to bow out of Number 10.

More...

This is almost spooky...

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
IMO, he'll ask for a global tax. A world tax for fighting global warming, a first tax for the world government. And we all know that the real solutions are in their hands but they don't care, they want more money.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
That's a scary thought, and most certainly a possible way to start a global government if i ever heard one("Do what we say or you can be blamed for destroying the planet!")

I think this is all rubbish though, it wouldn't be a bad thing for him to take initiative on a subject such as that(maybe just to boost his approval rating????)...but it just sounds like he's coming up with another plan that he knows will take years to accomplish, meaning "Jeb in 2008!" WOOOO!

Haha...maybe there is no NWO, it's just the Bush's trying to stay as rich and powerful as they can until their line can no longer survive(after George Sr. isn't around to give advice/orders)

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I didn't think so:

U.S. denies British rumors on Bush climate change

A U.S. official on Sunday denied a British newspaper report that President George W. Bush was preparing to announce a dramatic policy shift on global warming in his State of the Union speech this month.

The British newspaper The Observer reported on Sunday that senior Downing Street officials, who were not named, said Bush was preparing to issue a new climate change policy during his annual speech on January 23.

"While the administration does not detail the president's speech before it is given, this rumor is not true," a senior U.S. administration official said.

More...

Now up is up and down is down again...

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Bush will say he always said climate change was a problem, and that human activities contribute.

He will blame bureaucrats and Congress for holding things up.

Kids like him never admit their mistakes. They just blame someone else.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Bush will say he always said climate change was a problem, and that human activities contribute.

I believe he has said this in the past.

He will blame bureaucrats and Congress for holding things up.

They usually do.

Seems to me he just admitted last night on 60 minutes that he is responsible for the ongoing misadventures in Iraq.

spelling

[edit on 1/15/2007 by darkbluesky]

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Thank you for the confirmation darkbluesky.

Originally posted by darkbluesky

Seems to me he just admitted last night on 60 minutes that he is responsible for the ongoing misadventures in Iraq.

Ah, no, he didn't. He said that he would be the scapegoat - and weaseled right out of taking responsibility:

...if the people want a scapegoat, they got one right here in me 'cause it's my decisions.

But hey - we'll take what we can get, right?

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Thank you for the confirmation darkbluesky.

My pleasure Sofi. I'm not completely humorless you know.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
IF BUSH WAS OUT OF OF OFFICE MABY THE NEXT GUY THAT RUNS FOR THE PRESIDENCEY WILL FIX IT BUT MY PREDICTION IS IT WONT HAPPEN

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
IMO, he'll ask for a global tax. A world tax for fighting global warming, a first tax for the world government. And we all know that the real solutions are in their hands but they don't care, they want more money.

Riight, they have the power to move the Earth away from the solar system, meanwhile not creating any chaos during the transition....

top topics

join