It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isle Of Daemons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Someone told me about a place that was found when all that exploring was going on they found a place they named Isle of Daemon. But it was taken off the map when they realized it was full of what they said was demons. Anyone ever here about it?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Sounds like a legend / myth. I know of no such place.

That's not to say an 'Isle of Daemons' doesn't exist, but it is probably just full of creatures we now know about, but weren't back then.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I think I have read of this one before. I believe it is an urban legend, and that the island has a 'normal' name now.. Mostly due to the fact that, well, it doesn't have deamons. They probably just heard some weird noises, or ran into some animals that they were unfamiliar with, some small dark monkeys maybe.

Google only brought this vague link up.

Sorry I can't fill in more!

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Does anyone know the name that the Island has today? Or it it still the same?
Then we could maybe check what kind of animals live there.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The easiest way to verify or disprove this legend is to use Google Earth to try and find two islands off the coast of Newfoundland that aren't listed on any maps of the area.

I've heard of islands and places that only appear momentarily every 10 or more years, but never of this one.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I know that there were a few placed in history that got the name "devil's island" or something similar. Bermuda was once know as that. Pirates used to avoid the place saying the island was infested with demons. At night they said that they could hear shrieking and screaming coming from the island. Later when other people landed they discovered that wild pigs are the ones making all the ruckus.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Two islands near this place. I don't know geography that well but this looked interesting

Maybe the Isles of Demons?

I don't know perhaps.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I want to go exploring there now. Anyone up for the adventure?

[edit on 10-1-2007 by CryptTome]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I'll go find the islands with anyone who can imagine what could possibly be on that land...If anyone hear knows geography is it ( and if it is how? possible for islands to disapear and reapear???

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Hmm it says on Wikipedia it dissapeared. Are there any indications of it's reappearance?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I'll go find the islands with anyone who can imagine what could possibly be on that land...If anyone hear knows geography is it ( and if it is how? possible for islands to disapear and reapear???

As far as I know this is only possible because of the tides turning.
But i'm not an expert in geography either. I do know that islands can be created out of nothing when they lay above a hot spot. But that way you couldn't get such green area's on the map. Plus, these islands could not just DISappear again.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Two islands near this place. I don't know geography that well but this looked interesting

Maybe the Isles of Demons?

I don't know perhaps.

That link goes to some islands off the coast of Russia, quite close to the Artic Circle it seems from written accounts that they were near Newfoundland.

It is possibly just a myth to scare off superstitious sailors. As Yarcofin says some islands do just come and go due to local conditions. Climate changes as well so if the islands did exist and were discovered the local wildlife could be different to then.

Just think Greenland had a Viking settlement once and it prospered then disappeared. Who knows what is possible?

Thing is about the Demon thing is that the majority of people coming across these lands were sailors. Sailors then and now are really superstitious. Anything they did not understand could be a portent of doom. Indigeneous lifeforms screaming in the background would put the willies up them for sure. Let alone if they actually saw something!!

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
On one of the islands in the google map image was a runway that shows that
the island now has no such demons on it IF *IF* that is the island

Thought it was a maybe image just pointin that out for ya

Bear man returns~ RAWR

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Unless the daemons have also modernised

Would you wanna stay on that island for the rest of your demonic live?

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I found 2 possible grouped Islands somewhat near each other off the coast of New Foundland, they are both visible at the following Lat/Long:

Latitude: 50°26'28.60"N
Longitude: 55°39'12.76"W

One is named Horse Islands, the other is named Groais Island (the adjacent island is unnamed.) Which translates to Grey Island.

Maybe a possibility?

[edit on 20-1-2007 by Baphomet79]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Well could be, if you could find out whether of not it has civilisation.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
here...

I don't know about newfoundland geography or anything....

so this is an uneducated guess

Newfoundland.... 2 Islands....

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Orla, my lat/long is the exact same as the link you posted. Definitely appears as a possible candidate to me.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be SOOO cool, if we were right?!

I mean...

I have no clue as to what these islands are... me being from Ireland... I wouldn't have a clue about inhabitants, population..... etc.....

For all I know, there could be a city on the island....

Do you know where I'm coming from?!

I wouldn't mind if someone here, who knew the area maybe, could tell me more??

<<   2 >>

join