It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Programming, Mass Conditioning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Hey. Im sure this topic has probably been batted about before, but I was curious as to what peoples thoughts on the matter may be.
I feel that reality programming may be an attempt at conditioning the public for a massive usurption of our personal privacy. I know it is probably already happening on a limited basis, but so much intimate involvement in the lives of others may be intended to dissolve the boundaries of what is still thought as an unacceptable intrusion into our lives.

Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   
That's actually a really good thought. I know my biggest fear showed up the year after I graduated high school...I read 1984. If that ever happens, I hope I'll already be dead, because for me, that would be my hell...

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I gave that book to my father to read and it made him question his lot in life more than I have ever observed before. Its a thought provoking book, and true to form when we think about our own culture. Noam Chomsky authored a book called MEDIA CONTROL that deals with the same issues.

If it does happen, Im not taking it lying down. Thats one reason I abstain from giving any patronage to reality programming.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
lol I don't give any patronage to reality TV because I think it's dumb, but that's a really good reason, too!

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
With the patriot act, they can monitor us also. I have never read 1984, what is it basically about?

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I think the main driver to the "Reality TV" phenom is simply money.

It's the cheapest form of programming immaginable. Even if there's a million dollar prize after an entire season of taping...that's pretty much it. You can get ratings as big as Friends, without paying each cast member $2.4 million a season.

But it is good conditioning for Big Brother. Also it reinforces another lie that makes us continue to support [take your pick] the obscenely wealthy or Illuminati --- the misconception that YOU TOO can be:

a) Rich
b) a Star

Statistically, I suggest the lottery.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   
1984 is a book by George Orwell that describes a world where nothing you do goes unnoticed by the government. The citizens are blindly and fanatically devoted to a pretend cause and have their motives consistently reinforced by mass propaganda and brainwashing. Sounds pretty familiar, huh?

top topics

join