It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargate only show approved by American military

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
stargate is the only tv show approved by the us milatary and they have milatary genrals who keep an eye whats going on
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
replaced ALL CAPS in title

[edit on 8/1/07 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
What does it mean to be approved by the military? What do they watch it for? Does a special committee watch it or what?

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
they don't "approve" it
the united states airforce ENDORESES it
why?
because it makes the airforce look good

they do have somebody on set sometimes
and sure they have people overseeing it
however, it's for ACCURACY as opposed to some sort of conspiracy

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It sure would be interesting to read some links associated with this information.

madnessinmysoul... even if it's true what you're saying, then it is still meaningful because what they bring to the series could contain hints of how they view aliens, alien craft or even weaponry.

I know...I'm reaching... but it would still be nice to see some links showing their 'involvement

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
it's good to be open minded

u may realize that there are stargates opening around the world due to the solar activation cycles that we are in and the changing frequency and changes to the energy grids on this planet

the 7 seals can basically be thought of as energy portals being open, at the time of revelations they were strapped for words at the time that could convey this message so they used lots of metaphors

these seals are opening and the chaos will ensue this is not to fear just be aware we are evolving and we are becoming more aware, think of it more as a survival mechanism to ADAPT to live thru the coming changes

people that are being abducted have some things in common usually there dna strands are more activated than the rest of us. some "aliens" are here and most of us can't see them...yet but we all have a little "alien" in us as well hint junk dna nite nite

[edit on 8-1-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I am a HUGE fan of SG-1 ... I have also done extensive background research into the show. I own a zatnikito and a Go-uld hand device that were used in the 3rd season show "Forever In a Day" along with a few replicator peices used on the show(did you know they are not metal?) Just want you all to know that I am a huge fan.

It is true that the U.S. Air Force does officially endorse the show. They do this because the show presents the USAF in a very positive light and aids in recruiting. It is also true that the USAF usually has an advisor on set. This is to ensure that ranks, weapons(exept the P99), uniforms,equipment and teminology is used correctly as well as ensure that nothing detrimental to the USAF is portrayed on screen, If there was they would most likely pull their endorsement. The show itself benefits by getting to use military vehicles and sites(NORAD entrance) for free or substantially redused cost. Its a win-win situation.

It is not unusual at all for almost EVERY movie or television show that portrays military personnel to have these types of advisors on board. If you ever see a movie or show that has not hired these advisors, it does not do a good job at all of portraying a military atmoosphere, and you can tell.

SG-1 is by no means the only show the military endorses.

the following examples were taken from the book "Everything You Know is Wrong", a compilation put together and edited by Russ Kick.

The armed forces help filmmakers by letting them use military vehicles,other hardware, and land, saving the studios millions of dollars in expenses. In return for this service though, the military often asks for changes to the movie\show, changes which ALWAYS make the armed forces look better. With disturbing regularity the filmmakers, even the big name one, cave in. Ridley Scott removed a scene from "G.I. Jane" because a Navy Commander said it "carried no benefit to the U.S. Navy." The producers of "Top Gun" obtained Naval cooperation only after they changed Kelly McGillis' charecter from an enlisted woman to a civilian (fraternization between officers and enlistees is a no-no). A marine Major complained about "The Jackal" because helicopter pilots didn't have an "integral part of the action, they are effectively taxi-drivers." Once director Micheal Jones changed the script, giving the fly-boys a better role, the Marines cooperated. Some filmmakers drool on themselves in an attempt to appease the military. Dean Devlin, the writer and producer of "Independance Day", told the pentagon, "If this doesn't make every boy in America want to fly a fighter-jet, I'll eat this script." Disney told retired soldiers, " We firmly believe that with the support of the U.S. military, "Armageddon" will be the biggest film on 1998, while illustrating the expertise,leadership and heroism if the military. Among the film that were given military cooperation after passing the acceptibility test were: Air Force One, A Few Good Men, From Here to Eternity, The Hunt for Red October, Pearl Harbor, Apollo 13 and Tora Tora Tora. Some that didn't meet with approval were Forrest Gump, Apocolypse Now, Catch 22, DR. Strangelove, An Officer and a Gentleman, Platoon and SGT Bilko.

Interestlingly enough the Military pulled all of its support from "Independance Day" when they wouldnt remove all references to "area 51".

I had to HAND TYPE that whole box.......whew...............congrat me

[edit on 9-1-2007 by Tiloke]

new topics

top topics

join