It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HMAS Albatross in Nowra

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
im wondering if anyone has any information on HMAS Albatross? i drove around the borders last weekend ( i race motorcross and the track is based behind the air strip) i was reading up on the base and it seems to house a lot of different groups

www.navy.gov.au...
HMAS ALBATROSS also hosts and provides administrative support to several other lodger units: the Naval Weather and Oceanographic Centre (NWOC); the Training Authority - Aviation, the Naval Aviation Systems Program Office (NASPO), the Australian Joint Acoustic Analysis Centre (AJACC), the RAN Tactical Electronic Warfare Support Section (RANTEWSS); the Aircraft Maintenance and Flight Trials Unit (AMAFTU) and the Army Parachute Training School (PTS). These units perform very important operational, logistic and training roles for the Australian Defence Force.

i dont know if anyone has seen this base but to be able to house so much the base seems the be extremely small. I have seem the residents for men is service and all but still seems small.

Any one have any information of this place? its not that i think theirs anything sinister going on but it just seems a but unusual thats all. theirs also a bit radar on top of Nowra hill which also has a look out at it. doesn't claim to be military or anything but i mean their isn't any air strips other than the base and the radar is a long way from the ocean, whats it looking for? any info would be greatly appreciated
thanks alot

External Source Tags – Please Review.

[edit on 1/19/2007 by 12m8keall2c]

Edited title

[edit on 6/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Take it easy man, is probably just nothing. Why don't you just ask some of the people who work there, see if they act out of the ordinary.
But it sounds like some sort of training or observation outpost. It's the Australian defense right? They are probably busy defending. If it is the special forces, they will be silent because they are so by nature not because they keep aliens up there (etc.). No offence, I understand your consern, I am also conserned about what the military are up to nowadays in some cases.

But if you see any supernatural or unexplainable occuring in that area that you can link to the base, keep us posted.

Be curious and investigate!

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
(after reading my post (above) that I wrote yesterday, I get a feeling that it sounds a bit demeaning . I don't intend to mean that. I was a bit fast to reply. At a closer glance, it accually DO sound a bit suspicious! Electronic Warefare??? Hope to hear more about it. But hey, you know what they say; thinking before saying is like wiping your ass before #ting! Once again, no offence intended!)

[edit on 19-1-2007 by Raud]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
i ventured up to the lookout area last week and was very rudely asked to leave by a soldier who came out of the ground( it was a kitchen hahahah) he was not keen to tell me what it did when questioned just said it was for the air force. ill try again soon see what happens

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Hey man, I have had the (un)pleasure of working at HMAS ALBATROSS for quite some time during the past 14 years in the Navy. I am no longer in, but I can tell you with 100% accuracy that the radar is nothing more than that. It is for approaching aircraft to the base and to keep an eye out for incoming/outgoing traffic. It's on the mountain to get maximum coverage.

The reason you were probably told to leave is because of terrorist threats. Every day is a challenge for the Defence Force and they don't leave anything to chance, even someone just there for "a look"

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
thanks alot for that cleared things up. Another question tho as u drive towards the base from nowra and you turn right towards the rifle club or motorcross track what are those buildings used for the ones that have the big asbestos warnings on the side but always seem to have people in them?

top topics

join