It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien on Ilkley Moor Photographed?- 1 December 1987

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

MPORTANT: This thread is about the Ilkley Moor Alien photograph not about Alan Godfrey's case. Both are two diferent cases from
the UK. As I said the Ilkley Moor Alien photograph was taken by
Philip Spencer who was also like Godfrey a policeman.
Alan Godfrey never took a photograph of his experience.

In order to avoid more confusion just check Ilkley Moor Alien
on the Internet and see the Philip Spencer story and photo or
read this report from BJ Booth:

www.ufocasebook.com...

Thanks for pointing that out, was getting slightly confused there....
Many thanks.

On topic, he looks like your typical grey, long arms, only he has huge hands??
They look like clubs almost.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by Denied]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
i first read the spencer case in a book by Jenny Randels , and his account was [ to paraphrase and simplyfy ]

saw alien EBE

took single photo of EBE

chased EBE across moor

got abducted

was shown certain evidence [ on obstensibly friendly terms ] - which he has recounted

was shown further evidence [ apparently of a distressing nature ] which he has refused to discuss

was returned

now what struck me was that the aliens neither destroyed the camera to eliminate the picture of them , nor allowed more photos to be taken

i offer no commentary either way , beyond - IMHO such actions were " odd "

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

i offer no commentary either way , beyond - IMHO such actions were " odd "

Odd too is this, unlike most peoples intentions.

He has sought no money from the case, and signed over all copyright privileges to Hough in early 1988. Spencer desires no fame from his account. Is the picture of the Ilkley Moor alien real? There is no way to say. It could be some type of mannequin or doll staged for the photograph, or it could be the picture of the century. Time will be the judge. Until that time, the search for more information continues.

ufocasebook.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm so glad this topic came up. I live not far from Ilkley and i have been to Ilkley moor quite a few times and i can vouch that there is some really strange stuff going on up there.

When i was about 17 me and a friend took a trip up to Ilkley moor to kill some time while we were out of work. We went nearly to to highest point of the moors, once we got as far as we could without getting lost we realized it would be getting dark soon so we headed back down.

We then took a steady walk down, For those who know Ilkley moor you will know there is like a Cafe thing in the middle of the moors. As we reached this point it was fairly dark.

Both of us entered the cafe to get some drinks and some crisps, As soon as we got in there we had the strangest feeling that the people in this cafe (About 6-8 People) did not want us there. It was when we left this cafe we saw something that to this day still makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.

What we saw was not from this world as they were just too fast, There were about 4-5 white looking things. I say white because this was due to some bright light that basically made half the trees and everything around this light bright white. This light looks like it was coming from some sort of craft.

Just in front of this light were what i can only describe as what looked like skinny people crouched on there hands and feet running around and behind this bright light at a phenomenal pace. Never believed in anything like this before so i just ran like hell towards the Town center. Just as we were at the bottom of the moors we took a look back and this thing was about a mile and 1/2 from where it was when we first saw it.

I know people have there opinions about my story and how it could be real or could not be real. I have no evidence other than my friends word of mouth. I have nothing to gain by fobbing off some fake story. I will get some pictures off Google earth to show where i saw this strange event.

I am thinking of taking a camping trip to Ilkley more to face my fears, To this day i wish i would have taken a closer look at what ever this thing was even though it scared the life out of me.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Here are some images taken from Google Earth showing the rough path we took and the location of the object we saw.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Anyone been to Ilkley there is some strange rock formations up there.

Here is a link to a website some interesting pics on there.

LINK

[edit on 15-1-2007 by psycho81]

[edit on 15-1-2007 by psycho81]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This Is Not Here, When Did you have this sighting/encounter? I am asking because I had a few weird sightings, during the mid nineties.

I used to live in Keighley, which is just a couple of miles from Ikley. I never went to any of the prehistoric stone circles or carvings, but I did see 4 separate UFOs during the 4 years that I lived there.

The first was a large bright white disc in the autumn of 1995. I would guess that it was about 500 feet in the air. I saw the thing fly past my bedroom skylight window at about 11ish in the night. Size wise, I reckon this thing was about the size of a tennis court, if that is any help.

I only saw the thing for under a second as it flew past my window at extremely high speed, which is pretty impressive as my window was about three foot long. It was so bright that it lit up my room, as soon as I saw it I jumped on my bed to get another look at it, but in the time it took me to get up there it had already gone.

During 1996 I saw two green fire balls on two separate nights in August, one was flying across the sky and streaked from horizon to horizon in a coupe of seconds. I saw the second about two weeks later, weirdly I saw them from the same area of Keighley, but that probably isn't so surprising as it was on the street that I lived. This time the fire ball was identical except this time the thing flew straight upwards into the clouds. I would estimate that it had come from the about a mile from the edge of Keighley in the direction of the town Bingley.

I would guess that these green fireballs were about the size of a small car like a mini.

My last sighting was during the winter of 1996. This time I saw a basket ball sized orange orb. It was a bitterly cold, clear night and I was walking home from my girlfriends house close to midnight. When I got near to the end of her street I saw this thing about ten feet in the air around 10 or 20 yards away. At the start it was lozenge shaped and about the size of a basket ball, as I watched it, I noticed that it was slowly moving away from me. As it moved it seemed to bob up and down as if it was bouncing and as it did it shrank fairly quickly. within a couple of seconds it went from a basket ball sized lozenge to a round tennis ball, to a golf ball and finally to a speck of light until it blinked out of existence.

I have had close encounter experiences my whole life, but these started in Doncaster in South Yorkshire, so I think that my experiences in Keighley were just the continuation my childhood encounters. I never used to see the UFOs until I moved to Keighley and I haven't seen them since I moved away. I don't know whether it is the location or whether it was just coincidence that I happened to be living there when I saw these things.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Martindoolittle]

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Martindoolittle]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
IMPORTANT: This thread is about the Ilkley Moor Alien photograph
not about Alan Godfrey's case. Both are two diferent cases from
the UK. As I said the Ilkley Moor Alien photograph was taken by
Philip Spencer who was also like Godfrey a policeman.
Alan Godfrey never took a photograph of his experience.

In order to avoid more confusion just check Ilkley Moor Alien
on the Internet and see the Philip Spencer story and photo or
read this report from BJ Booth:

www.ufocasebook.com...

Im trying to get the thread re corrected, i dont know how i could of mixed them up, but to clarify, this is the correct link to Phil Spencer's experience with photo.

I think this case still stands up, has any one heard any thing more about this event?

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Denied]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The craft that landed on Ilkley moor didn't leave, it cloaked itself for maintenance and repair while search parties sought out local intelligence. Note the crewmembers on the flying saucer. The "alien" is actually many aliens assuming (creating) a physical body to assist in transporting their non-physical crewmembers. Prove it for yourself. Download the original photograph (available here) and use your highlighter to gradually darkened the same area i am showing you. The entire hillside is covered in aliens. enjoy.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
You might want to compare the ilkley photograph with my avatar, that's me with my "ilkley" type aliens. The truth, take it or leave it, nothing changes either way.........

[edit on 093131p://pm3129 by debris765nju]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

i'm sorry but i just dont see how you can claim image artifacts are aliens. it's what the majority of your threads are, blown up sections of pictures extremely altered so that all the artifacts show up and then you claim they're aliens. this case is interesting enough without having to add in your digital alien theory. how many times does armap have to show you that an image artifact is just that?

op:
it's hard to say really if the alien in the picture is real or not. maybe they really do have extremely long arms and sausages for fingers. can't expect too much from this image, as camera tech in the 80's wasn't stellar. spencer's story sure is interesting, but beyond that i can't say whether it's true or not.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

You actually think there is an image of an "alien" in your avatar?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Turiddu

No, i don't, i think there are hundreds of them there. Size is not the measure of a man, nor an alien. I have the right to tell people what i see just the same as anyone else. You have the right to disagree. Did you notice the alien craft?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

Why do you keep arguing the aliens are artefacts? What proof do you have? Why haven't you posted it? I argue out of MY belief and knowledge just as you argue out of your own. Rudeness does not win debates. Count the faces on the body and limbs of the Ilkley moor alien. Did you download it and magnify it to see what is really there? I did.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

what you're seeing is called matrixing(spelling?). basically facial recognition. But like in an example of finding shapes in the clouds, the faces you see(which i've honestly not once found any in your pictures) are not real, merely your brain trying to interpret a bunch of colors and pixels to something other than a total mess. In fact i've got a picture on my nikon d40 of a cloud that looks exactly like a ferret. does that mean there's a giant white ferret in the sky keeping watch over the world? no it does not.

i'm not trying to be rude. as i said, the case is interesting enough without your theories of pixelated alien faces. this is why so many skeptics and debunkers have a field day with ufology, because there are claims like yours. if your pictures were clearly faces hey i'd be right there saying "interesting, you may have something there" but they aren't. they're clearly pixelated image artifacts. now could we discuss the main topic and not your "enhance image pixelation"?

edit: i just wanted to add; i'm not saying there are no aliens, just that i dont believe pixels are them.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by optimus primal]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

as to the "craft" it's clearly the camera's attempt to capture the clouds on the horizon of the hill. just because you added several different filters and changed the gamma on the pic doesn't mean a ufo was hiding in plain sight with "cloaking technology" that your clever photomanipulations somehow revealed.

edit: ughhh...you know what, i'm not normally the debunker type but your attempts at evidence and lack of knowledge of simple photographic processes is just too irritating and i dont want to get warned for the continual banter with you about "pixel aliens" so i'm just gonna stop responding to you and put you on ignore, not out of malice,but because i just can't deal with what you're doing to ufology with this kind of stuff.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by optimus primal]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Slightly bigger version click link
img514.imageshack.us...

I work on Photoshop all day and while bored with work thought i'd see if there was anything to this image after seeing some attempts by other posters to enhance it.

I did this quick adjustment BEFORE reading the original post about the story behind the photo and surprised myself that it actually does fit the description. I've seen the picture in the past without it's story but never really thought much about it.

It could be a trick of light, a hoax or an EBE - i don't know, i'm just interested in photo touching and enhancements.

There's no doubt that there's extra noise and information in the web file i used that's come from various scans, prints, compressions. A high-res scan of the original photo or negative would probably show a different result, possibly a clearer alien or possibly debunking the form that's suggested completely.

I've used green to enhance it, there's a consistent blue/green but not as prominent as the false color enhancement i've done:
Assuming it's real and not a trick of light, this is what i can see.

- foreshortening of it's right arm as if it was bent at the elbow either raising or lowering it's arm.
- the light on top of it's belly which suggests it has a rounded belly and a sunken chest.
- shoulders slightly turned like it's ready to turn to it's left and move up the hill and away.
- a really long left arm with a BIG hand, thou detail in the hand is lost and i haven't tried to guess it.
- spaces for big black eyes and a pointed jaw.
- an enlarged skull, reminds me of Crowley's Lam or a 'star child' skull - a 'love heart' shaped head. (see google if unfamiliar with those images).

That's there to be seen..... but it doesn't mean it was there. It means it's interesting from a enhancement point of view and without hard evidence, inspiring from a 'are we alone' point of view.

I'm not putting this forward as proof of any kind but purely as an example of what is suggested in the photo from the usable detail... could still be a shrub thou!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
ive just increased the contrast on this image and something does appear in the top right corner..could be a cloud of course...but it is sort of UFO shaped (in the traditional sense.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by alienesque]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join