It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Weather Watch 2007

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
It's 55F at 3AM here in NYC, but it's supposed to drop to 22F by tonight with a high of 32F tomorrow.

Weird weather indeed!

[edit on 1/16/2007 by djohnsto77]

[edit on 1/16/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Im in Latvia,thats near the Scandinavia.
Average we have cold winters whit about -5 till -20 C and lot of snow!!
This year I havent see any snow and temperatur is holding about +10!!
A lot of birds have not migrate,some of flora have bloom tvice,in the forest we have now mushrooms.
Now we have an storm season what is wery,wery wery rear in this area!Earlier storm by us was about 18 til 25 m/s now all the week we have storm about 25 til 35 m/s!!

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I find this all very strange.

Reminds me of a quote I read from the Hopi Indians.

They believe that:

"Hopi elders told us that when the plants blossom in the middle of winter, we would need to go to Santa Fe to warn everyone of suffering and destruction to come unless they change their ways."

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It's been in the 20s here in Waco,Texas for about a week now... I mean, it's not unusual for it to get cold but usually it's only for a span of about 2, maybe 3 days... Pretty odd. Of course, I have heard California is about to freeze over as well!! So.... maybe it's just something that's occurring across the nation. Our cold front's not scheduled to move out until Saturday or Sunday...So.... I am just bunkering down.

[edit on 16-1-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

[edit on 16-1-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
They've announced that this year will be very warm in Romania, with rare but strong storm.

Why is this happening?

I have read a theory that the current climate change may be caused by naval wars. What do you think? You can read it at www.1ocean-1climate.com.

DSO

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Interesting theory, I'm personally not convinced by it however.

The crazy weather continues:

Cold snap clobbers California citrus crop

SAN FRANCISCO, California (AP) -- Three nights of freezing temperatures have destroyed up to three-quarters of California's $1 billion citrus crop, according to an estimate issued Monday as forecasters warned the weather could continue.

Other crops, including avocados and strawberries, also have suffered damage in the cold snap, agricultural officials said.

"This is one of those freezes that, unfortunately, we'll all remember," said A.G. Kawamura, secretary of the California Department of Food and Agriculture.
LINK

Melbourne power cut by bush fire

Massive power cuts and soaring temperatures have caused havoc in the Australian state of Victoria.

Electricity supplies to about 200,000 people were hit after a bushfire knocked out power lines linking Victoria to the national grid.
LINK

I think thats close to 1 million people that lost power this week so far...

And on the news this morning i heard two stories that i wasn't able to find online resources for. I will keep looking for the stories:

1) a fire in California is threatening a nuclear powerplant.

2) Animals in the Moscow zoo are waking up from hibernation.

[edit on 16-1-2007 by DSO]

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Need a lot more snow in the Northern Rockies, Oklahoma and Minnesota:

MILD WINTER LEAVES TATTERED BLANKET OF SNOW
Storms Mostly Wet, Not White, When Traversing U.S.

US Drought Monitor

Meanwhile, in a land downunder:

Thirsty Australia in grip of worst drought on record
Scientists Report Faster Rate of Warming in Australia

Remember, global warming means a rise in "average" worldwide temperatures.

Global Warming and Warm Weather: Connected?

Now Free! Inconvenient Truth DVD for Teachers

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
What I find the most bizzar of all is the fact that quite a bit of Canada, and parts of Alaska are warmer than California, Arizonia, New Mexico, and most of the US right now.

Im sorry, but that's just not right.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
One of the guys from work has just come back from Brasil and he says it has been really wet there and all the rivers are full which he was saying is unusual for this time of year.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
For what its worth, Massachusetts is at the "correct" temperature. Its freaking COLD.

It remains to be seen just how long things will stay normal.

[edit on 17-1-2007 by dgtempe]

DSO

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
What I find the most bizzar of all is the fact that quite a bit of Canada, and parts of Alaska are warmer than California, Arizonia, New Mexico, and most of the US right now.

Im sorry, but that's just not right.

Very strange. Calgary, AB= +2C, Houston, TX= +3C

I also heard on the news that Austria has no snow at their ski resorts, but again i wasn't able to find the story online.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I was watching about California losing 90% of its' citrus crop. The weather is goofy. The great lakes aren't frozen, but California is freezing. Is there a pattern at all to this weather?

Troy

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy

Is there a pattern at all to this weather?

No - the old patterns have been broken by global warming. Now, the planet is trying to find its balance, and new patterns.

We're on a wild ride - and it's not over yet.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well, it looks like the freak weather finally reached the last forgotten corner of earth: Switzerland. We have 12°C in Zürich and a big, fat storm with approx. 150 km/h of wind.
Temperature should be around -5° right now and the last storm of comparable severity was seven years ago.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
No - the old patterns have been broken by global warming. Now, the planet is trying to find its balance, and new patterns.

We're on a wild ride - and it's not over yet.

That gave me an interesting feeling reading that. That is one thing I have wondered about global warming, a lot of things suggest (or seem to) that the temperatures go up but all the weather patterns stay the same. Obviously that will not be the case.

Feel like the Day after Tomorrow has come true, only slower.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Out here in Pahrump near Area 51 it's been extremely cold. Temps dropping below freezing at night. Water pipes busting all around town and we had a power outage. Our main electrical line to Pahrump was taken out by a 30-06 rifle. The Sheriff will speak on a local television channel tomorrow. He 'may' treat this as a Terrorist act. I will let you know more after he speaks.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
There is a pattern -- it's the classic El Niño pattern.

These used to occur only occasionally but have been occurring more and more often, perhaps soon becoming more the rule than the exception.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
There is a pattern -- it's the classic El Niño pattern.;

This oddball El Niño is far from a classic or possessing a predicatable pattern based on our record keeping...it's more like an El Loco.

El Nino, Global Warming, and Anomalous U.S. Winter Warmth
This poses the first obvious conundrum for the pure "El Nino" attribution of the current warmth: since we were actually in a (weak) La Nina (i.e., the opposite of 'El Nino') last winter, how is it that we can explain away the anomalous winter U.S. warmth so far this winter by 'El Nino' when anomalous winter warmth last year occured in its absence?

The second conundrum with this explanation is that, while El Nino typically does perturb the winter Northern Hemisphere jet stream in a way that favors anomalous warmth over much of the northern half of the U.S., the typical amplitude of the warming (see Figure below right) is about 1C (i.e., about 2F). The current anomaly is roughly five times as large as this. One therefore cannot sensibly argue that the current U.S. winter temperature anomalies are attributed entirely to the current moderate El Nino event.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It usually doesn't snow in LA either, especially during El Niño and hasn't snowed in LA since 1962.

Prepare to be surprised and shazamed...

[edit on 19-1-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
El Loco Weather Shazams Europe

Europe mops up after storm kills 46
"We've never had such a situation in Germany," Deutsche Bahn CEO Hartmut Mehdorn said.

More than 1 million homes had no electricity in the Czech Republic, which was hit by winds of up to 112 mph. A million households in Germany suffered blackouts and tens of thousands of homes in Poland and Austria also were hit.

The storm led to the deaths of at least three people in the Czech Republic, 12 in Germany, 14 in Britain, six in the Netherlands, three in France, two in Belgium and six in Poland.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Huge waves crash in the port of Wimereux, northern France. Countries across Europe were counting the cost of a devastating storm that killed at least 40 people and left widespread damage and disruption to travel and power supplies.(AFP/Philippe Huguen)

Looks like this storm is a new first for many.
It's rather surprising to see so many fatalities too.

[edit on 19-1-2007 by Regenmacher]

DSO

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Just throwing another theory out there: Chould it be possible that some country is doing experiments with the weather, only the experment has gone way wrong?

I'm still sticking to my opinion that these events are a combination of climate change and El Nino, but its just something to think about.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join