It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate shift helped destroy China's Tang dynasty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Here is a recent article connecting the fall of the Tang Dynasty to climate shift:

The Tang dynasty, seen by many historians as a glittering peak in China's history, was brought to its knees by shifts in the monsoon cycle, according to a study.
Link

This is very interesting considering what the future currently holds for our planet.

[edit on 3-1-2007 by MooneyBravo]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Excellent find. Thank you.

Whatever the multitude of causes - the earth's climate is changing.

We know, and because we know, we can deal with it. That puts us in a privileged postion, imo.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Excellent find. Thank you.

Whatever the multitude of causes - the earth's climate is changing.

We know, and because we know, we can deal with it. That puts us in a privileged postion, imo.

You are welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed it...lol. As far as us "dealing with it", there really is not much we can do unless billioins of people can be pursueded to make drastics changes to their lifestyle. There is no simple solution to this enormous problem we face.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Must we really alter our lifestyles?

Human ingenuity... it has in the past solved many of our problems, I'm sure it'd solve any environmental problem that comes at us.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Human ingenuity also has created crises - many which we only now are beginning to recognize.

I'd rather rely on human adaptability - and I am confident we CAN adapt to whatever changes we may face.

top topics

join