It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rasins not virgins?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   
if they were wrong I bet they will be dissapointed

rense.com...

A German scholar contends that the Islamic text has been mistranscribed and promises raisins, not virgins Newsweek International, By Stefan Theil, NEWSWEEK INTERNATIONAL

In a note of encouragement to his fellow hijackers, September 11 ringleader Muhammad Atta cheered their impending "marriage in Paradise" to the 72 wide-eyed virgins the Qur'an promises to the departed faithful. Palestinian newspapers have been known to describe the death of a suicide bomber as a "wedding to the black-eyed in eternal Paradise." But if a German expert on Middle Eastern languages is correct, these hopes of sexual reward in the afterlife are based on a terrible misunderstanding.

Can you see them wearing t-shirts saying "I killed 3000 people and all I got was 72 stupid rasins"

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Arguing that today's version of the Qur'an has been mistranscribed from the original text, scholar Christoph Luxenberg says that what are described as "houris" with "swelling breasts" refer to nothing more than "white raisins" and "juicy fruits."

I doubt it...wouldn't fit the rest of the context....

Funny idea though....

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Son of beech. What have I done to deserve this torment?!?!

Ooh, I bet you're wondering how I knew
'bout you're plans to make me blue
with some other guy that you knew before.
Between the two of us guys
you know I love you more.
It took me by surprise I must say,
when I found out yesterday.
Don't you know that...

Chorus:
I heard it through the grapevine
not much longer would you be mine.
Oh I heard it through the grapevine,
Oh and I'm just about to lose my mind.
Honey, honey yeah.

I know that a man ain't supposed to cry,
but these tears I can't hold inside.
Losin' you would end my life you see,
cause you mean that much to me.
You could have told me yourself
that you love someone else.
Instead...

Chorus

People say believe half of what you see,
son, and none of what you hear.
I can't help bein' confused
if it's true please tell me dear?
Do you plan to let me go
for the other guy you loved before?
Don't you know...

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
That is too funny Darklancer

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Good. Regardless of whether the raisins translation is accurate, it's about time someone applied textual scholarship to the Qur'an. Hopefully, in time people will learn that it's just a man-made book, no more holy than any other. Besides, when this sort of thing happened to the Bible a 150 years ago, not only did it make the fundamentalists look silly, it also opened the text up to all sorts of interesting and valid interpetations that a literal reading ignored.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sharky
Good. Regardless of whether the raisins translation is accurate, it's about time someone applied textual scholarship to the Qur'an. Hopefully, in time people will learn that it's just a man-made book, no more holy than any other. Besides, when this sort of thing happened to the Bible a 150 years ago, not only did it make the fundamentalists look silly, it also opened the text up to all sorts of interesting and valid interpetations that a literal reading ignored.

Damn, Well said!

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   
LOL! Good tactic, let's have them fighting each other.

It would not surprise me in the least that they were lying to these people all along.

new topics

top topics

join