It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Star Trek do you like the best?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
Best ever?

No question about it.....

THE TROUBLE WITH TRIBBLES!!!!!!!!!!!

awesome. hardcore. awesome

Which one? The original or the DS9 one. That was hillarious.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Oh my god...either. Seriously.

"They're called...tribbles..." (as several fall onto his head)

I love how they launch them off to the Klingons in the end, hooray for tribbles!

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
TOS and TNG are best
then Voyager
then DS9

Enterprise sux

Best episodes ever
TOS: Mirror, mirror.
TNG: The Offsping

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Voyager of course, than TNG, than deep space 9

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Star Trek Is for nerds simple as that. Lol

Well during the summer iwas getting into Deep Space Nine and then school started so I never finished the damn Series! I left off when Cisco had to go take out a secret radar facility of the dominion which could pin point every star fleet ship......Just when the show was becoming intresting...ugh

But now I watch Star Trek Enterprise

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I can honestly say I have od'd on the original series...except for the City on the Edge of Forever.

TNG was just a great series all around, inspite of Wesley saving the ship every week during the first year.

Best episode: (tie) Yesterday's Enterprise
Deja Q
Inner Light (loved the flute)
And I can't think of the name - but the one where some of crew are abducted by aliens for anal probing.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpockO_o
Star Trek Is for nerds simple as that. Lol

Well during the summer iwas getting into Deep Space Nine and then school started so I never finished the damn Series! I left off when Cisco had to go take out a secret radar facility of the dominion which could pin point every star fleet ship......Just when the show was becoming intresting...ugh

But now I watch Star Trek Enterprise

Ofcourse Star Trek is for nerds! DUUHHHH!

[Edited on 18-9-2004 by Ice^^Heat]

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm kinda on the subject but a little off of it. Has anybody else noticed that things and themes from Star Trek are appearing in the real world.

The communicators from the original show resemble cell phones. The computers on TNG and later shows had level push button computer screens and not raised buttons. We see that more now and talking computers that we communicate with verbally are becoming more used. Also you know the computer chip implants that have come about in the last few years. I was shocked but was watching one of the original episodes recently and Kirk and McCoy were going to the surface of a planet, but before they went down a computer chip was implanted in them so they could be tracked etc.

Also I am a christian and you know how someone can be beamed to different places. I see implications in this concerning the rapture of christians.

Also a HUGE theme running in Star Trek is "First Contact" with aliens. From a christian perspective I also see this as something that will take place in the future but with a twist.

Does anybody have comments or more similarities with the show?

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
My cousins aunt was a trekkie
she has met Spock in real life. Wish I could do that.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
I'm kinda on the subject but a little off of it. Has anybody else noticed that things and themes from Star Trek are appearing in the real world.

The communicators from the original show resemble cell phones. The computers on TNG and later shows had level push button computer screens and not raised buttons. We see that more now and talking computers that we communicate with verbally are becoming more used. Also you know the computer chip implants that have come about in the last few years. I was shocked but was watching one of the original episodes recently and Kirk and McCoy were going to the surface of a planet, but before they went down a computer chip was implanted in them so they could be tracked etc.

Also I am a christian and you know how someone can be beamed to different places. I see implications in this concerning the rapture of christians.

Also a HUGE theme running in Star Trek is "First Contact" with aliens. From a christian perspective I also see this as something that will take place in the future but with a twist.

Does anybody have comments or more similarities with the show?

DS9 looks alot like the world today: terrorists, politics, religions.

There was this episode where a Bajoran Kai wanted the Bajoran kids not to go to the Federation school because it tought them a different philosophy. The issue was to send the Bajoran kids on the station to seperate schools, the same issue is in our country today due to the increase of muslim immigrants.

Also the Klingon Empire went to war with the Cardassians without the support of any other power, the Klingons said it was "preemptive strike" had something to do with the wormhole and the Dominion, dunno what.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
When did I start this thread, I don't even remember this.

To the guy who said Star Trek was for nerds, you are damn right.

Yeah Kirk looks much better than Picard, but Pic is a whole lot cooler and smarter and i guess balder than Kirk.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Hard the origanl series is great but even that is nothing to the great visauls massive phaser fight and multipal storys of Deep Space Nine.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
In order of likeyness:

Voyager: well, I've seen every episode about 10 times each and this is where I began watching Star Trek, but the show was just incredible. Oh yeah, 7 of 9 too.

DS9: They started showing the syndicated versions and I started watching after the series had ended. This too was simply amazing. Ezri was my favorite. I *cried* when she was murdered and then I yelled battle cries when the bad guys came on afterwards.

TNG: This actually is a tie with DS9. I feel this series defines what Star Trek is more than any other. I bow before its altar.

TOS: Didn't really watch very many of these, they appeared kind of cheesy.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
odo and Neelix were both regulars on benson. My favorite trek was DS9 but I just watched one of my tapes of the doctor and seven of nine singing "you are my sunshine". That was a great ep

[edit on 30-9-2005 by mauidean]

<< 1  2   >>

join