It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McVeigh's impossible change of eye color

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Yeah, it does sound fun, but I found this picture of McVeigh from when he was a kid. Look blue to me...

I enlarged the eye area from this site's photo.

Seems easy enough to me to judge the eye color of that kid to be blue, or at least a light color.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

McVeigh is dead:

Thanks grady, actually I knew that. I was just going with the premise that the one convicted, sentenced, and executed was not the "real" Timothy McVeigh. As alluded to by the OP.

My misstatement, (by saying "the one in prison") was an oversight.

good catch.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I live less than 70 miles form his hometown. I could drive there and ask someone! Just a thought...

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
this whole thread is misleading because, as discussed in this thread, the middle picture of the first post has never been proven to be mcveigh.

[edit on 21-12-2006 by snafu7700]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
this whole thread is misleading because, as discussed in this thread, the middle picture of the first post has never been proven to be mcveigh.

Good critical thinking. I operated out of an assumption that it was Mcveigh. That is truly Denying Ignorance!

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I have hazel eyes, sometimes they appear to be dark brown, however in the right lighting they are light blue or green. It has to do with the angle light hits the eyes, or could be that his eyes just change colors like mine do sometimes.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   
i have dark blue eyes(sometimes they go lighter or green and even tinted purple) but in my school pics it always shows them as dark or brownish...so what is the point of this thread?

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I think alot of this is nonsense.

For example:

My eyes are a pale blue/green. In some pictures, this is obvious. However, in others, my eyes look black. Why? Because in the pictures where my eyes look black, it is because

1. They are relatively deep set, and shadows tend to make them look darker
2. My pupils for one reason or another, are extremely large and tend to swallow up the whole iris making them look black. There are various reasons why pupils will enlarge. Being excited or happy will do this.

In those upper photos of McVeigh, its clear to me his eyes are shaded over and thus look darker than they are. Plus, his pupils look a bit big.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Comparing old photos shot, scanned or edited by any Joe Paluka, means nothing.

1. The image quality is pure crap.
2. Each camera, lens, flash, film, and filter can represent colors differently.
3. Camera apeture and shutter speed can/will change colors.
4. When photos age, they yellow and colors fade and wash out.
5. Each Scanner/computer will mimic colors differently and most are not calibrated to the monitor and/or software
6. Jpeg compression and recompression distorts colors.
7. Image editors can change anything.
8. The sources are not verifiable. Who's says they are even McVeigh?

Timothy James McVeigh

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
No Joke when my ex girl was in a romantic mood (horny!) her eyes would turn deep deep blue, when she was in a good mood they would be green, when she was in a bad mood they would be brown, and depending on the clothes she was wearing her eyes would sometimes take from her clothes. Some people have those type of eyes that change from mood to mood and also from things surrounding them.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
sounds like she might have been possessed.....good thing she's your ex!!

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Thank you everybody for the feedback. I spotted what I considered to be an anomaly and decided it was worth a discussion, I don't necessarily believe that they are two different people. Very good point with the Kid Rock photos too. If you look at the first set of pictures I posted in this thread, the one on the left (wearing a camo hat) has the same white light reflection in the pupil like Kid Rock's young photo. I still would like feedback from somebody who has expertise in the area of eye coloration.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
My eyes go from hunny brown all the way to wolf gray, with blues and greens in between. Depends on my mood and how well I feel. I literally never know what color my eyes are going to be from mirror glance to mirror glance.

Many peoples eyes change this way, just not usually as dramatically as mine. Take Hazel's for example, some days they have green eyes, some days brown... some days both.

Very common. Today Im wolf gray.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
My eyes are a dark blue, but in the light they seem a much lighter shade of blue depending on the refraction of light on my lenses. My school photo makes my eyes look almost black, when in fact, they are a very deep blue.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trauma
I still would like feedback from somebody who has expertise in the area of eye coloration.

Trouble is you are our not looking at McVeigh's eyes, your looking at electronic bytes and they all vary. These two-dimensional images have been refracted and reflected thru a lens onto a light sensitive film, aged many years, scanned, processed into electrons, reorganized, compressed, uploaded and downloaded to a monitor. Paper photos or electron images don't reflect the true image of anyones eyes and not everyone sees the same color spectrum either.

A real life perceived change to eye color can be done by colored contact lenses, wearing a brightly colored clothing, different lighting or enviroments and/or degree of pupil dilation. Real eye color change affects the levels of melanin in your biochemistry and this can be done by taking medications/drugs or suffering from a disease/ illness.

As Plato would say, it is mere shadows on the cave wall that you percieve as real and thus reality is ever illusive to the cave dweller.

[edit on 2-1-2007 by Regenmacher]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join