It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avoiding this technology?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Terraform

Ok! This is not just another boring global warming thread; it is, however, a bold leap in to the offensive dilemma with which we are faced.

(It is said, that it is a possibility)(So: ) If you can visit another planet and terraform it, then why can you not save the earth and humanity using a permanent terraforming scenario?

that made me consider the possibility:
Sabatier reactors � which generate methane from carbon dioxide

CLICK HERE - for thread inspiration.

That simply is the question.

The planet is falling apart around us, and we are all wandering blindly through the degenerating legacy that we ourselves are creating and bestowing upon our siblings!

Are we truly realising the trauma we are leaving in our wake?

Could this be the simplest answer, hidden in right in front of our faces?

If all we had to do was start up a (possible?) so called, advanced nanotechnological piece of apparatus and keep it ticking over whilst it kept our sacred globe in shape. Where would the effort be?

Food for thought links:

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

The point of this thread: There is no point, just throwing something out there that some of you might like to take a few moments to contemplate.

Feel free to object and add.

Regards xS_Gx

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I guess, with a little thought, the ideas behind terraforming Venus would be a better area to search for ways to cool the earth.

So in retrospect HERE is my insipational link.

Install sunshades which block 99% of the solar radiation not needed for photosynthesis.

And a couple more food for thought links.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
In All these are great ideas, and we really should worry about our planet before doing this to to others...our planet is beautiful, and id like to call it home for the rest of my time here. but what if there "was" or "is" life on these other planets...isnt that a so called invasion? i would think so, but even if its not, i know there is someway to alter an atmostphere, so why not help ours?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Thanks kiliker30,

Originally posted by kiliker30
In All these are great ideas, and we really should worry about our planet before doing this to to others...our planet is beautiful, and id like to call it home for the rest of my time here. but what if there "was" or "is" life on these other planets...isnt that a so called invasion? i would think so, but even if its not, i know there is someway to alter an atmostphere, so why not help ours?

I was begining to think that I was alone on this one, and yes our planet is utterly beautiful and I am sure there is some distance in this idea.

Regards xS_Gx

top topics

join