It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Was Princess Di Being Bugged by U.S. Secret Service?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
According to offical British reports, the US Secret Service was bugging Princess Diana on the night she was killed. The report also claims that it was not done with British approval.

I did not realize that the Secret Service could operate outside of the US unless investigating counterfiet currency or presidential related threats. What exactly does this mean and why would the be interested in the Princess of Wales? Why the SS and not the CIA if they were keeping tabs on her or for that matter the FBI?

Its also interesting to note that the drive of the car who was drunk, was also in the service of a French Intelligence agency.

Seems there is much more to look at than meet the eye.
U.S. bugged Diana's phone

(side note: I am posting this at the behest of my wife who has always been interested in this as she Died on the same day we got married)

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
You know, I think people dont realize it...they take the structure of government(s) literal.
(i.e. this dept. does this, etc.) Point is the S.S., CIA, FBI will do what they want, when they want, how they want. They dont care what there "supposed to do".

Its all an illusion for a sense of security and to keep the wheel turning.
As to what is really going on in the inner working of these agencies...who knows, but not sure I want to crawl into that squirrels nest.

But you, or your wife, bring up an interesting point. I too am curious about the happenings around her death. The driver was drunk, end of story, lets not talk about it anymore...or so the press seems to want. The point about the French driver being in the S.S., interesting.

Another thing, are we to trust the reports of the very people who probably tried to have her killed off.
Kind of like with the Russian spy thing. Who knows what he really said, unless you see him in person, now that hes dead...aint no knowing that either. If I was him, I wouldnt have been in the British hospital, all this double agent stuff...you wouldnt think you could trust anyone...best to take your chances rotting from radiation poisioning in isolation somewhere...he probably got sicker in the hospital. (I know, starting to trail, but the point is there.)

Anyway...who knows, maybe oneday we will have a book drop from the sky to give us the real version of "history".
Until then we will believe what we are told, or just always go around wondering, until that final puzzle piece lands to clarify things.

Peace

Dalen

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Perhaps The good US powers that be knew of her immediate threat, which conflicted with their ultimate agenda of have Di marry Kennedy Jr. and her becoming his first lady.
What? It could've happened. And they would've gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those dang meddling Bush kids,

AAC

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
The Secret Service would have never done it, that's obviously just sloppy reporting equating American and British agencies with similar names but totally different functions.

It likely wasn't the CIA either (and they have flatly denied it), but most likely if there's a kernel of truth in the report, it refers to the NSA. But even that notoriously secretive group has said she was never a target of any eavesdropping, although her name may have come up in reports of others targeted and/or conversations tapped between her and persons who were targeted.

[edit on 12/12/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
NSA, CIA work with MI6 and MI5.

We bug people for you and you do the same aswell.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
NSA, CIA work with MI6 and MI5.

We bug people for you and you do the same aswell.

Exactly, both the Americans and the British have laws about bugging their own countrymen but they can bug anyone from another country without any problem so they bug for one another and share info. . It's an easy way to get around the laws and still get the job done without any problem.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Diana's soon to be father of her child, was an arab.
Fayed?

The british royal family, would not allow someone of such blood to be born into ANY sort of relationship with the british royal family.

knocking Dianna off, was very 'easy' compared to some of the barbaric acts the royal family committed in the past.

Dianna was killed by the British Royal family.

Why on earth would the USA even bother in meddling in such events?

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
What's the word on her autopsy? Do they know the crash killed her or maybe she was dead/dying already? Any anomalies (bearing in mind that it was Princess Diana) in the handling of her body?

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I was sure it was the CIA, the SS would have no reason (that I can think of) to do it, and the NSA has a very specific mission.

I'm waiting for more information, but I think it's much more likely that the CIA was involved, and not the other mentioned agencies.

Also, let's keep in mind that just because the CIA denies it, doesn't mean they didn't do it. Taking it one step farther, just because some people at the CIA don't know everything, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Finally, just because members of the CIA do something does not mean the CIA as an agency was involved...

new topics

top topics

join