It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the procedure to apply for area 51

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Exactly what level of stupidity would be required in the black ops to keep them at one base location that is heavily observed by UFO hunters, when they have many other places they could easily relocate to?

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
The Groom Lake facility is a full-scale Air Force base, complete with all the attendant infrastructure. It has personnel for administrative, maintenance, medical, security, supply and culinary functions. All personnel require a SECRET security clearance. Those involved in specific projects have Special Access Program clearance, as well. Non-permanent base personnel commute to work on a daily basis. Permanent base personnel stay in dormitories during the week.

Sorry, but some of your facts are not correct.

First of all, Groom Lake is not an Air Force base, it is a US Department of Defense Research Facility. The difference being this:

1. Groom Lake is open for use by all DOD branches and agencies: Air Force, Navy, CIA, NSA, DARPA, etc.

2. Approval for programs setting up there is issued from the Under SECDEF for R&D, this office is above the Department of the Air Force

3. The money for the facility's upkeep comes Directly from the Defense Department's budget, not Air Force funds.

Second, the Clearance Requirement for getting into Groom Lake is a TOP SECRET clearance with a Special Access allowance

This means two things: 1. you need an active Top Secret clearance 2. You need a special tab that clears you to be briefed into Special Access Programs.

Special Access Program also called Black Projects operate under security regulations that are much stricter then regular Secret and Top Secret projects. These programs often issue their own security badges that can ONLY be used for that spacific program.

Tim

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omega85
LOL

Hey people,.

Interesting thread
and i would like to say this
As if any of you would really know

This is all just speculation and blind suggestion lol ,
none the less this thread is funny ,
iF the author is in the US then i might recomend dusting your skills up in phisics andthings then phoning this company EG&G,
they are a tech company that hold very large contracts with homeland security and NASA, Makes sense really doesnt it? fits really well i think ,
I have and still am researching into area51 and it is said ( Not Proven ) that variouse employees who work for EG&G have gained positions at Area51 especially at S4, look them up on google (They are there) and get there details, Give them a call , dust up , and then if you get a job in an important field tell them you want to work somewhere remote or something like that ,
Who knows what could happen , could be good (Or very very bad if u know what i mean ) .
Just a thought.
cool little thread lol

Omega85,

Ok....Judging from all the misspelled words in this guys reply.....I doubt he has enough intelligence to apply to McDonalds.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
As is frequently the case, Tim missed my point and got some things wrong.

I didn't say it was an Air Force Base, I said it was a full-scale Air Force base, with all the attendant infrastructure and personnel. The point being that there are lots of different job opportunities.

And, it is operated by the U.S. Air Force. That point has been well established.

Also, not everybody who works there needs a Top Secret, Special Access, clearance. TS/SAP clearances are only needed for access to TS/SAP programs. Not everybody who works there has the "Need To Know" for such programs, but they still need access to the facility.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
hmmmm lots of different suggestions..i think im gonna go with aeronautical engineering and see where that takes me

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
A TS/SAP is a very short security clearance. It is like "temping" in an extremely sensitive position. In my opinion it sounds like a TS/SCI on a temporary basis, although I could be midreading my understanding of it. I dunno how anyone who works at a facility such as Groom Lake would have a TS/SAP, if doesn't seem cost effective to me. Although cost effective is an oxymoron in military expenditures.

Perimeter guards or your, "camo dudes," probably are Secret at best. Anyone allowed in the installation I am sure are TS/SCI or above. And this is coming from someone who places very little credit in Area 51 conspiracies.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
As is frequently the case, Tim missed my point and got some things wrong.

I didn't say it was an Air Force Base, I said it was a full-scale Air Force base, with all the attendant infrastructure and personnel. The point being that there are lots of different job opportunities.

Shadowhawk,

The thing that threw me off is the fact that first you say that you didn't say it was an Air Force Base, then (in the same sentence) you say:

I said it was a full-scale Air Force base, with all the attendant infrastructure and personnel.

Your wording confused me! Perhaps we could refer to it as an Air Base, which refers to any DoD owned facility that is equipped to house and operate aircraft.

The term Air Force Base means it's a military base belonging to the Department of the Air Force. For clarity of communiaction, can we agree to ues the term Air Base from now on?

Tim

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baphomet79
Perimeter guards or your, "camo dudes," probably are Secret at best. Anyone allowed in the installation I am sure are TS/SCI or above. And this is coming from someone who places very little credit in Area 51 conspiracies.

The base is still classified as a Top Secret installation! This means you need a minmum of a Top Secret clearance to be on the Base.

Tim

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
All documentary evidence and reliable testimony indicates the Groom Lake base is not a Top Secret installation.

In fact, it wouldn't make sense if it was. That would severely limit access to people who need to work there.

Most of the projects that have taken place there were not classified above SECRET/SAR.

<< 1   >>

join