It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contrails, Aurora? (pics)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Hey, i live near loughborough in the UK
i was walking home from school 3 days ago. it was about 3.25 and for some reason i looked up and i managed to see the fastest plane i've ever seen. i saw it come from a distance, pass over my head, and off into the distance, this all happened in the space of about 1.5 seconds, in that time it had flown out of sight, my god it was fast.

about 8 seconds l8r i heard about 30 unbelievably loud sonic booms, it made my heart thump, i thought bombs had been dropped. but then i thought that maybe it was because of the plane going at super sonic speeds.

i got home and immedietly started looking up information on the internet about Aurora. its engine doesnt use a normal steady propultion system, it uses short and incredibly powerful bursts, i thought that this might explain why there was more than one sonic boom, and why they were in such quick succession.

u might b asking, y didnt i get a picture of it?

well i did
well not the aircraft itself, it was way to fast for my phones camera.
i did however get a picture of the contrales it left behind.

the contrails contain donut shapes, this wud account for the short bursts of energy the plane uses

tell me wot u think

external image

external image

did anyone else that lives near there hear these sonic booms??

regards, Alex Jones (not the famous conspiracy nut alex jones, a different one)

[edit on 24-11-2006 by AlexSlaine]

Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24/11/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Very cool pics !

Lex

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
*SNIP*

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
*SNIP*

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I think our poster was warned and comments snipped because the pics he claims he took of the alleged aurora are in fact older pictures found on the internet. I don't think these are his.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexSlaine
about 8 seconds l8r i heard about 30 unbelievably loud sonic booms, it made my heart thump, i thought bombs had been dropped. but then i thought that maybe it was because of the plane going at super sonic speeds.

I dont buy this in the slightest for several reasons:
1)if the plane travel across the sky that you could see in 1.5 seconds and then 8 seconds later then the plane would have travelled so far that the sonic booms would have been so loud to be able to reach you that they would have caused major headline news style destruction to windows and the like below where it happened.
2) for a plane to be travelling so fast over your head and then to speed up by mach 30 it would then have to be travelling at mach 40+ i guess which is laughable. for your infomation mach 30 is 9,900 meters per second and mach 40 is 13,200 meters per second.

well i did
well not the aircraft itself, it was way to fast for my phones camera.
i did however get a picture of the contrales it left behind.

phenominally good camera phone, what type of phone do you have, i want one.

tell me wot u think

i think your a joke, i have no idea how old you are but your english is a wierd mix of ultra teenage, adultish and in the middle, it struck me as being odd as soon as i saw it (im 17 for the record). You've lied about the speed the plane was travelling, the sonic booms and the phone camera. goodby, have a nice life and i hope you get banned, the sooner the better.

Justin

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   
ALEXSLAINE wrote :

about 8 seconds l8r i heard about 30 unbelievably loud sonic booms, it made my heart thump

if this is not another of your fabrications , on a par with your claim to have been " abducted "

can you please start by providing 3rd party cooberating evidence of these " sonic booms "

evidence i would accept includes [ but is not limited to ]

a pod cast from BBC RADIO Leicester

print articles or weblinks to the archives of the Leicester Mercury , Loughborough Echo or other paper seving the area .

because even without your history of lies and retractions on ATS , i would expect an event of the magnitude you describe to have been witnessed by hundreds and heard by thousands .

where is the media follow up ??

sonic booms make news headlines , here is the BBC NEWS REPORT of a recent event in the Irish sea .

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
the phone i used was a samsumg e900, u dont have to believe me lol im just saying wot i used. the post about the abduction was my 10 year old foster brother. and i didnt exactly use a stopwatch or count how many sonic booms there were, its all an estimation. yep A in english, that y my language is so good
the previus posts were snipped because the dude wanted my photos for a website

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   

about 8 seconds l8r i heard about 30 unbelievably loud sonic booms

sorry, 3*** sonic booms, didnt realize i had typed 30

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
theres an article in the Shepshed Echo where i live, unfortunately there isnt an online post of the article, they put the loud booms down to the M.I.R.A air base not far from where i live, aparently something exploded there? but thats weird coz that doesnt explain away the contrails, and the plane i saw. it like a really long and thin triangular shape. i thought it was a ufo as soon as a saw it, because it appeard to b silent, but then i heard these 3 loud booms, and then i realized its probly just a normal military plane. but then the contrails it left behind started to b properly visible about 1 minute after, thats wen i got the pics wiv my camera phone. how can i proove to u that i used my phone to photograph the pictures?

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   

sorry, 3*** sonic booms, didnt realize i had typed 30

tha is ok , typo errors are to be expected .

the exact number of booms you claim is imaterial at this point , my request for independant co oberation of any sonic booms in the Loughborough still stands .

i am waiting for this element of your claim to be confirmed by press reportage .

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   

theres an article in the Shepshed Echo where i live, unfortunately there isnt an online post of the article, they put the loud booms down to the M.I.R.A air base not far from where i live, aparently something exploded there? but thats weird coz that doesnt explain away the contrails, and the plane i saw. it like a really long and thin triangular shape. i thought it was a ufo as soon as a saw it, because it appeard to b silent, but then i heard these 3 loud booms, and then i realized its probly just a normal military plane. but then the contrails it left behind started to b properly visible about 1 minute after, thats wen i got the pics wiv my camera phone. how can i proove to u that i used my phone to photograph the pictures?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK i saw this post last night and have since mentioned it to 3 of my friends who happen to come from a small village very near you. by tomorrow (Sunday 26th Nov) i will have had confirmation back from them, 2 of them work in the outdoors in the fields and such like and one is a police officer in a village towards Melton so hopefully if it did occur then they would know.

also you mention the M.I.R.A air base , what is this base you mention ? do you mean the engine test facility out near West Thorpe ?

thanks
snoopyuk

[edit on 25-11-2006 by snoopyuk]
edit for spelling

[edit on 25-11-2006 by snoopyuk]

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

theres an article in the Shepshed Echo where i live, unfortunately there isnt an online post of the article,

that is ok - just use the 2megapix camera on your samsung phone to take a picture of the article
then upload it via photobucket .

they put the loud booms down to the M.I.R.A air base not far from where i live, aparently something exploded there?

where exactly do you live again ??????? you claimed sheshed -- that is over 15 miles from the M.I.R.A. test facility

if there really was an " explosion " @ MIRA why has no one else reported it - and how the hell did you hear it in shepshed ? when no one in nuneaton , hinckley , coalville etc seems to have ?????

but thats weird coz that doesnt explain away the contrails, and the plane i saw. it like a really long and thin triangular shape. i thought it was a ufo as soon as a saw it,

aww come on , you are just making this crap up as you go along - just admit it and get it over with - i accept now i have been trolled

however , just to nail this chapter of idiocy shut , i have reseached the contact numbers for :

MIRA (Nuneaton - UK Headquarters)
Watling Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 0TU
Tel: +44 (0)24 7635 5000

and the Loughborough Echo :

editor , Andy Rush
Tel: 01509 232632

and if this thread is has not been nuked by monday morning when thier offices are open - i will be contacting them

because frankly i am coming to the conclusion that alex slaine is a lying little troll , but having already wasted my time on previous replies - i am now determined to nail his coffin shut .

PS - the contact details i have posted are public contact numbers - printed @ the websites of the organisations concerned [ incase any mods are wondering ]

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
oops - i missed the post by " SNOOPYUK " - hopefully his contacts in the area will get to the bottom of this mess .

PS - as for MIRA - yup i am assuming he means the vehicle test centre , though why he calls it an " airbase " is beyond me - it was a WWII airfeild " RAF nuneaton " - but it closed in 1946

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
hi Ape

good digging my friend, hopefully we can get to the bottom of this one,
as i said i know people in that area so hopefully they will know .

as for MIRA i think it is a fair distance away plus you can tell if a jet type noise or booms come from the ground or from overhead so i am not sure why he would think it was MIRA.

there was an oil explosion in that area last year (2005) it was if my memory is correct a fair bit of oil and the bang was only heard a few miles away because the contours of the land the sound didnt travel v far.

snoopyuk

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Tut tut young man (AlexSlaine), after getting your fingers well and truly rapped before and warned i sincerely hope you are not making this up..especially as you were given a second chance to redeem yourself.....However innocent until proven guilty so i look forward to you posting your evidence..

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes
I think our poster was warned and comments snipped because the pics he claims he took of the alleged aurora are in fact older pictures found on the internet. I don't think these are his.

No, not really..

From the OP -

i am a regular abductee. and i can say now, you're in dangerous territory. u dont know what the greys are capable of. they are buttering us up for something big, u'd know if u had peices of youre neck and shoulder cut out twice a month. my advise, quit while your still ok... they only advantage of doing this is that you can gain knowledge of earths past. if anyone wants to know anything, just message me

Well, may this shut down his credibility, because if it doesn't what would.

Aside from that, the pictures are dated. OLD. You can tell by the color. Secondly if you think that pic of a contrail is proof of the arora then.... lol yeah just go home.

Now for some critical questions as to further disgrace this kid.

It flew over from a distance and disappeared over the horizon at incredible speeds. And you felt no massive sonic boom I would bet? After 9/11 F-16's where scrambled in Indiana to intercept Air Force 1, the sonic boom from two F16's was like an earthquake (at least being in Ohio and never experiencing an earthquake!
)

Then of course, no one else has claimed to see a mysterious super sonic jet spraying... clouds.. into the air.

I will suggest a psychiatric evaluation, followed by strong doses of sedatives, lay off the caffeine, stay in school and don't do drugs.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
ok spoke to my friends from down near the OP`s location,

they have confirmed they heard and saw nothing.

plus they asked around and nobody new anything about it .

hope this helps clear things up

snoopyuk

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by justin_barton3
I dont buy this in the slightest for several reasons:
1)if the plane travel across the sky that you could see in 1.5 seconds and then 8 seconds later then the plane would have travelled so far that the sonic booms would have been so loud to be able to reach you that they would have caused major headline news style destruction to windows and the like below where it happened.

Justin,

No offence, but I do need to point out something you missed here! The Physics of Sound is critical to determining how loud a sonic boom from a given aircraft will be. Altitude has as much to do with the volume of a sonic boom as speed does. A Sonic Boom is a type of shock wave, just like the ripples you get when you toss a rock into a pond! The farther you get from the source of the shock wave, the quieter the sonic boom is until it fades away completely. Secound, as the air at high altitude is thinner, it creates less of a shock wave. Why do you think a space shuttle hitting the upper atmosphere at Mach 25 doesn't cause shock waves that blow out windows and crack walls?

Alex doesn't provide us with anything that tells us how high up this plane was flying or how far away it was.

Without these two critical peices of information, we do Not have any information from which we could reasonablly draw the conclusion you are making. Beware of jumping to conclusions without all the facts!

Tim

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The pics appear to be the contrails of a pulse detonation aircraft engine - which is consistent with your claim. I also have a Samsung Picture phone and the file naming convention also seems consistent with your claims as all of my pics from my phone begin with SP_*** So I am not so inclined to immediately dismiss your claim. I will await further evidence before commenting further.

<<   2 >>

join