It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 in 3D

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
From inside the base.

img86.imageshack.us...

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The mountains are a little too high and rugged, but otherwise a very nice simulation.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Good work.

However yeah, the mountains are to high...

Thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Quite nice !
Should call it, "View to a landing".

Lex

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
classified material,

It's a very nice simulation! I'm just courious, is it possible to build an interactive version?

Looking at your sim, gave me the Idea to construct in interactive one here at ATS that could give us something like a "Vrtual Tour" of the Groom Lake Facility based on what we know about the base. Such a model would allow us to Sort of Sneek in for a Peek without betting in trouble.

While it would take lots of time and effort, I think it would allow us to step into a new type of research here at ATS that would produce more therectical data and information on the base.

Tim

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Tim,
AWESOME idea !!! Wish I had the smarts to do something like that.

Anyway, I'm sure someone here does.

Lex

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Along time ago I built a little virtual area 51 model using flatland rover. It wasnt very good, it was just a simple layout of the buildings.

I abandoned it after lack of interest. I think I still have the files though. People dont like using flatland rover.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
No idea what flatland rover is. A graphics program, I'm guessing ?
Gotta start someplace !

Lex

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Great simulation! And great idea ghost, we should really start a program for this 'virtual tour' of Area 51. We should round up anybody who has the smarts and the technology at their reach. We should get a super mod to help us too.

-Jimmy-

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Sorry folks, but I didn't make this. Someone I know on the internet made it and I posted it here for you all to take a look at. But I'm sure a few people on ATS could do something like this.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by classified material
Sorry folks, but I didn't make this. Someone I know on the internet made it and I posted it here for you all to take a look at. But I'm sure a few people on ATS could do something like this.

Do you happen to have the link for that, please?

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
No I don't. I'm trying to get more information from him on how he got/made it right now though...

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Google Sketchup could make a 3D model that users could download and look around, but it wouldn't be interactive.

Nice. It looks sweet.

I'll look into what I can find for a interactive 3D model maker whatnot that's free and half worth using.

www.ga.gov.au...

This any good?

OR if we have any way to get a gaming engine for free (such as en.wikipedia.org... or en.wikipedia.org...) we could design models in a 3D Graphics program like en.wikipedia.org... and then download the model onto the program. Setup a download and tah-dah, you have a interactive 3D Area 51.

[edit on 24-11-2006 by EBE 17]

[edit on 24-11-2006 by EBE 17]

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I headed up the team that researched Groom Lake for ATS. I don't have the compuyter software to build the model myself, but if anyone has the software to build the model, and is willing to put it together in the computer, U2U me and I'll provide data and research suppout for building the virtual model!

Tim

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
K, me and Ghost01 are working on this, I guess, so I hope we can get it done nice.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Very cool. Can't wait to see the results !

Lex

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It looks to me like the images above were rendered using something like terragen version 2.0 (still in Alpha) - a powerful little program with excellent results although I've yet to get my hands on the alpha test version. (version 9 is free so if anyone wants to make amazing 3d terrain pics - just download it and off you go).

If anyone wants to work with me on a 3d sketchup (as suggested above) model of Area 51 - then we should all get together and get it done.

Google SketchUp is free for anyone to download - although with all the building and high level of detail, I wouldn't recommend anyone to viewing a final result with a beasty of a comp.

If anyone has the building specs and dimensions and a rough diagram of where they all are in relation to each other, I could spend a bit of time on the buildings themselves. If anyone wants to attempt to terrain - then be my guest as I'm crap at that. Lets do it to scale - we can get a good idea from Google Earth and sketchup has decent measurement capabilities.

MSN /mail me on:[email protected] if you're interested, lets see if we can get more people in on this.

FOR GHOST01 - that data would be a great start - do you have building dimensions, shapes, layouts, colours etc?

FOR EBE17 - That gaming engine would be great if people worked on individual models using 3d software (CAD/sketchup etc) - There would be a hell of a lot of work for just a handful of people so the more people we got interested in this the better.

[edit on 29-11-2006 by morgansolutions]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
EBE 17 and I have started working on the model. Currently, we are useing U2U as our communication source. I have photoalaysis capibility that will allow us to do a pritty good job at scaling the model once we are going a bit. My current thinking is that we shoot for "relitive-scale" which means scaling objects in relation to each other instead of unit scaling of inchs or centimeters to feet or meters.

I don't know of a way to get real measurement for anything out there. If anyone knows how to get dimentions for the bildings, roads, and runways, I'll be happy to work that into the model. However, at the moment, we don't have any information of that kind to use!

Tim

[edit on 29-11-2006 by Ghost01]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Sketchup is our program of choice. We're hoping to get pretty good results. Because of time issues, I've only been able to get one model done so far, but I can easily pick up the pace on the weekends.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Ghost...

You could get a good idea of the 2D dimensions of the buildings there, simply using the ruler tool on Google earth. However, the height of the buildings is another matter. You could guess - but unless you have some real figures to hand, guesswork is all it would be.

when you said this...

Ghost01

posted on 25-11-2006 at 20:29

I headed up the team that researched Groom Lake for ATS. I don't have the compuyter software to build the model myself, but if anyone has the software to build the model, and is willing to put it together in the computer, U2U me and I'll provide data and research suppout for building the virtual model!

Tim

...I thought you meant you actually had data relating to the buildings & dimensions etc.

[edit on 30-11-2006 by morgansolutions]

[edit on 30-11-2006 by morgansolutions]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join