It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Day Break

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
On Wednesday, November 15, ABC is launching a new show Day Break.

I've seen a few trailers for the show and it looks promising.

Did you ever have a day so bad you couldn't wait to get past it? The kind of day nothing goes your way, and everything turns out wrong. What would happen if you couldn't put this day behind you…literally?

Today Detective Brett Hopper will be accused of shooting state attorney Alberto Garza. He will offer his rock solid alibi. He will realize he's been framed. And he will run. Then he will wake up and start the day over again. This time he'll do it differently – and will continue to – until he finds out who's framing him, gets his gang witness to court to testify, and until he saves the lives of his loved ones. Hopper has only one advantage in his favor – he remembers everything he did the "day prior" that didn't work. It's a painful way to learn because he also carries the bruises and battle scars from every mistake-filled day.

Taye Diggs (Kevin Hill) stars in an action-packed, thrilling re-imagining of the Groundhog Day concept from director Rob Bowman (The X-Files, Reign of Fire) and the writer of After the Sunset. Hopper must find the delicate balance between doing what's important and what's right to get through this killer day and move on to tomorrow.

abc.go.com...

The first thing that comes to mind is how restricted the show is for a long run. Without good writing, this show will fall quick. But I think it looks good. Considering it is going to air on Wednesdays, I should have time to fit it in. Most of my nights are filled already, but Wednesday is empty for the most part with Six Degrees being the exception.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by chissler]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Now I love the movie Groundhog Day and have watched it numerous times...but as a television series??? I'll pass thank you.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Yeah, it's too much like Groundhog Day for me. I might give it a shot though.

I did like Taye Diggs in Equalibrium.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I see what your saying Jonna, and I completely agree. When I first read about Prison Break, I laughed it off and never gave it a chance. After the first season ended, I kept hearing good things. So I picked up the first season on DVD without even knowing a damn thing about the show really, and was amazed. I thought the plot was to thin to form any sort of syndicated show, damn I was wrong.

So the optimism Prison Break has given me, is being directed with this. As any other new series, I'll give it a week or two and decide from there.

They are going to need excellent writing to keep the audience from getting bored.

Diggs as the star of the show can be a positive. I've enjoyed most of his work, so I'll wait and see before I make any assumptions with this.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by chissler]

top topics

join