It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I could make a poll it would be this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Who here would surrender their freedom for security? Who here is comfortable with essentially living in a fish bowl...

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Depends how much freedom (or "freedom") for how much security. I don't consider for example stricter checks at airports to be violation of my freedoms - it's the same as cameras in local Tesco.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
hmm. In one of my other posts I made a reference to a speech by career CIA man Ray McGovern.

He posed the question. Who said this quote

"There is a danger which threatens the life of every man, women and child in our Nation. We must take steps to ensure the domestic security of the homeland..."

In short it's not Bush it's Hitler. Why did McGovern make this comparison? Because in his words the US is currently developing it's own gestapo.

I hope that clears it up.

[edit on 25-10-2006 by soundaddicted]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"

Many variants derived from this phrase have arisen and have usually been incorrectly attributed to Franklin:

This statement was used as a motto on the title page of An Historical Review of the Constitution and Government of Pennsylvania. (1759) which was attributed to Franklin in the edition of 1812, but in a letter of September 27, 1760 to David Hume, he states that he published this book and denies that he wrote it,
Benjamin Franklin

I can't beleive you all got me useing wiki...
Oh well, first search first pick.

I like this one;

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

As a proud and real Republican, (I know, just don't hate me because, I am honest) I just sort of like that saying.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Damn right. Just wait until the government goes to take American's weapons away. It'll be a very different country when that day comes.

I personnally would like to see Dixie fly again. Everyone in the south is just itching for it now.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
when exactly did you have the illusions you were free?

top topics

join