It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian MP's want to Extend 9/11 Powers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Ok. I don't have much to say about this except.. My Goodness! Looks to me like there are some politicians up in the Canadian government that are attached to the Bush administration and the NWO somehow. This sucks. I'm surprised this has not gotten more attention as the two powers explained in the article basically take away everyones freedoms. Check it out. Time for everyone to move to the middle of the ocean or something.. that is until they police state there too!

MP's Want To Extend 9/11 Powers

According to The Toronto Star, the public safety committee says the measures should be reviewed again once Canada has a decade of experience with them.

Neither of the measures -- preventive arrest and investigative hearings for material witnesses in terror cases -- have been used so far.

The measures were rushed into law by the previous Liberal government in the three months after the 9/11 attacks on New York and Washington.

On Monday, Liberal and Tory MPs on the committee urged the two provisions be extended, arguing that they could be needed down the road and that there are enough protections for civil liberties within existing law.

And the scariest part of it:

The preventive arrest provision allows the arrest of any person -- without a warrant -- if police believe it's necessary to prevent a terrorist act. The person could be held for a year without trial, or could have strict conditions imposed if bail is granted.

[edit on 24-10-2006 by DoNotBelieveThem]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Ok, lets look at the facts......

We have the same types of legislation going through in USA, UK, now Canada.

Now either there is some really credible evidence that there are some scarey plots on the go.

or

We are seeing the "New World Order", or possibly both.

My personal defcon has just gone to "defcon4"

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
We do have a "sunset clause", but it would seem that the "day" isn't long enough, for some to feel secure or approved of enough by "You know who".

Bills C-36 and C-42 are in some ways as, if not more, stringent than bureaucracy to the South and are old news up here for many. Has it been used? Uh, yeah, there have been and are persons being held under security certificates. Is it used regularly in it's most dire terms? No, not yet anyway, not regularly.

Both major parties are NWO-compliant ("Vista-ready") whether they realize it or not... no matter what they tell us or what anti-American jargon they drag out for elections.

Police state? Not yet, but closer and closer... move to the Oceans? That's American turf. Space, Yank too... me? Algonquin - deep in the bush (not Bush) - deep in the local flavour of the place...

Victor K.

43'

[edit on 24-10-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This guy thinks he has it bad? A year? HA!

OUR Congress has givin the 'president' exclusive rights to first, define what an enemy combatant is, depending on the circumstance, then declare any person in the world regardless or nationality an 'enemy combatant'.

Since the Bush Admn. has effectivly killed Habaes Corpus, after you are declared an 'enemy combatant', even with no evidence clearly pointing to that conclusion, you can be held for LIFE WITHOUT TRIAL!

Congress has also givin' Bush 'lawfull' permission to torture persons deemed 'enemy combatants'. Since Bush and his cronies obviously know this is illegal, they crafted an escape plan in case people wake up to this unconstitutional government, burried in the neo-con torture bill is a clause giving Bush and other senior admn. officials, (i.e Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, ect.) immunity to war crimes relating to torture in 'the war on terrorism'.

So now in America I could be legally detained for the rest of my life, without a trial, and tortured with nothing more than an 'ok' from Bushy boy.

I wish I lived in Canada,
Decriminalization and all that good stuff.

join