It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 is CLOSED

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This is my first post after numerous reads on Area 51 and other things of the like, I would like to share with you some FACTS about Area 51:
Currently, Area 51 is "Abandoned".
Due to the fact that Area 51 testing so many nuclear devices, the radiation is "seeping" up from underground (as we all know that Area 51 testing many nuclear devices during the late 40s 50s 60s and so on)
Area 51 has been deemed by the government as "not safe to work in"

Area 51 HAS NO GUARDS protecting the outer 30 miles which is commonly known to "chase off" people trying to come and photograph the interior.

Area 51 DOES HAVE remote-activated SAM sites and Records which initialize when a target comes within these parameters.

These SAM sites and recordings make the public think that Area 51 is still in use,
however there are numerous other sites that are being used instead.

My source is a former tutor of mine who was a mechanical engineer that went on on to work for the FBI on their black projects.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well, if it was abandoned, than why are the following still going;
-JANET flights.
-The 'barreling' bus.
-Ongoing construction.

And also, to my knowledge, though I could be wrong, A-51 was
built on one of the sites that never had nuclear test detonation
performed.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I can point a few error in your post:

1. No nukes were Ever tested in Area 51. You're thinking of the DoE proving grounds to the south east of Groom Lake.

2. The Guards have Never hung out right at the boarder of Area 51. In fact, the people working their go out of their way to stay out of sight in the day time

3. FBI is mainly law enforcement and Some CI! They don't do a lot with Black Project. (in fact, I don't know of any FBI Black Projects).

These are a few facts! You may wish to check your.

Tim

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Area 51/Groom Lake/Det 3/ etc etc is busy as ever. Absolutely not closed.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The aliens are still there.

The spaceships are still parked there.

All remains the same.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
As others stated,no nuke tests there. And the closest thing to radiation leaking was from them burning toxic waste and materials in open pits. The workers were getting sick and sued a gov't installation that "doesnt exist".

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Thefortold,

Got links?

Please post them if you do.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Area 51 is still alive and as open as ever.

Cammo dudes are still there.
Janet flights still fly in and out.
The bus still drives in there.
Sightings of UFOs are still common.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 03:40 AM
link   
But that is to make us think that it's still in use
j/k

If it was abandonned, we would have access to it like the old missile silos and other abandonned bases.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
If it were abandoned, it makes no sense that they would still guard it. I know the US governement wastes money, but that would be ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   
The statement that nukes were tested there in the 40s 50s and 60s is clearly false as the base at Groom Lake wasnt constructed until 1955-6. Yet during the late 50s there was a problem with plutonium dispersal over Area 51 from nuclear tests detonated to the west and north. You can see a radition montioring sheet here that is titled Area 51 and the old names for the base, Watertoen, has been crossed out.

This has not been a problem for at least 30 years now though, and to state that the base is shut is purely ridiculous. New taxiways and even hangar extensions have been built and hundreds of people commute there every day.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Well that got torn apart pretty quickly hehe
I for one am not sure if the most secret stuff happens there, but i don't buy that it's closed.
Besides, you're a newly registered member. Did you join just to say that? ; )
We're often quite weary of people that join and make such claims.

[edit on 23-10-2006 by T0by]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Well, that was addressed nice and quickly.

Now for the real question.

TheFortold, do you believe that your "FBI tutor" is really that ignorant as to truly believe these falsehoods you've been given, or, just playing you for a fool (such as to discourage you from asking questions regarding classified things that he/she would likely know nothing about)?

[edit on 10/23/06 by redmage]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
TheFortold,you dont happen to work for Popular Mechanics magazine do you ?

As far as evidence goes Area 51 is as busy as ever,so methinks either someone is pulling your leg or......

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Groom lake is still oparational, thats for sure!! Why would they have build a new part in it ? But the claim that they moved their super secret stuff to another location is a fact! Come on why even bother when u have a whole world 2 hide things!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It's hard to believe that a thread like this can get started.

The whole "Area 51 is closed" theory, was originally published in Popular Mechanics Magazine in 1997 and was debunked as soon as the issue hit the stands. It was extremely poor quality journalism. This ridiculous story was subsequently repeated in the television program "Inside Area 51" (first aired on Discovery Channel on 14 December 1997), thus spreading it to a wider audience.

Subsequent observations by ground observers on Tikaboo Peak and along the Nellis Range border, as well as high-quality satellite imagery taken over the past eight years, has shown that the Groom Lake facility is still extremely active. Photos of the base taken in between 1998 and 2006 clearly illustrate the extent of improvements to runways, facilities and infrastructure.

Anyone who says the base is closed is not paying attention.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I'm satisfied that Area 51 is not closed.

But I think this thread will be, as of now.

Anyone wishing to debate this further, U2U me with substantial evidence to the contrary and I'll re-open it.

thread closed

join