It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should felons have the right to vote?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I have a friend who is a convicted felon. He voted yesterday, and has been for years. Maybe the person that is supposed to check for those things let him slip through the cracks.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Yes, they should be allowed to vote and run for office if they so desire. This Country must be able to give a second chance to those who deserve it and not make them pay for something twice . If we say they have been rehabilitated plus received a pardon and society still thinks they shouldn't be allowed to do certain things then what's the point of it all. God forgives us all. I bet there are many officals including law enforcement that have committed crimes but just havn't been caught that work along side with many americans today. I just want people to be more opened minded when they think that people don't deserve a second chance do you teach your children not to forgive I certainly hope not.....

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Yes, they should be allowed to vote and run for office if they so desire. This Country must be able to give a second chance to those who deserve it and not make them pay for something twice . If we say they have been rehabilitated plus received a pardon and society still thinks they shouldn't be allowed to do certain things then what's the point of it all. God forgives us all. I bet there are many officals including law enforcement that have committed crimes but just havn't been caught that work along side with many americans today. I just want people to be more opened minded when they think that people don't deserve a second chance do you teach your children not to forgive I certainly hope not.....

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I say it depends on whether those ppl can assimilate back into society....somehow,being tagged as "FELONS".........

The courts are like insurance companies,but in reverse......

Who are they insuring?,you bunch of pecking chickens?.

There is no safety,there is no security.......

And they steal away your rights to do what little you can.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join