It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Base and Apollo Missions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
About that debunking site regarding the "C". I would have to know his source of the original image. If the image with the "C" was the first picture given to the press, and later the version without the C was found in NASA's archives, it could mean its a case of proven and deliberate airbrushing out of this anomaly. Though I don't know the history behind this.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
But the moon is not hollow. They placed seismometers on the moon and measured the wave the take-off of the lunar capsule generated. The speed of the wave indicated that the moon is solid rock.

If the moon was hollow, surely the gravity of the Earth would have destroyed it or it would be so light it would not remain a satellite of Earth.

I do like the Alien duck-blind idea though!

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
But the moon is not hollow. They placed seismometers on the moon and measured the wave the take-off of the lunar capsule generated. The speed of the wave indicated that the moon is solid rock.

If the moon was hollow, surely the gravity of the Earth would have destroyed it or it would be so light it would not remain a satellite of Earth.

I do like the Alien duck-blind idea though!

I don't know your sources. I've read that the moon is only 60% the density of the earth, and it is supposedly made of the same material. Why the discrepancy? I've also read seismographic tests have shown a hollow nature to the moon. Here's a couple of links:

Moon density compared to Earth density:
www.spacegrant.hawaii.edu...

Moon seismograph test with odd result:
vesuvius.jsc.nasa.gov...

The moon "rang like a bell". Bells are hollow.

Many people chalk up this particular test to show that the moon is hollow.

members.tripod.com...

There isn't any conclusive evidence for the public that the moon is hollow (like they would really let that info out), but this is pretty good what we do have.

[Edited on 10-11-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   
>>I don't know your sources.

For the moon seismology tests, my memory was my source. I wrote a report on the moon many years ago, and this last snippet was from my mind.

It does seem there's some discrepancy there in the results. I can't see how the moon can be hollow, though. There must be some explanation for the 'interesting' results they found.

Thanks for those links, it's interesting stuff. I'm gong to email a couple of people about this and see if they can shed some light on it for me.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I don't know whether or not Apollo 11 went to the moon, but that doesn't mean we were never warned off. I believe that the proceeding Apollo missions(omit 13) actually did make it to the moon, regardless of 11. So we were definitely warned off, but the Apollo mission that it happened on is still a matter of debate.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
My dad told me years ago, ( way before the TV special) that some people think that the moon landing was faked.

He also used to talk to me about how he thought that the Kennedy assasination was by our government, and that there definitley was more than 1 shooter.

I've never talked to him about his thougts on UFO's and Aliens.. hmm sounds like some good coversation coming up this Thanksgiving Dinner.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
My dad told me years ago, ( way before the TV special) that some people think that the moon landing was faked.

He also used to talk to me about how he thought that the Kennedy assasination was by our government, and that there definitley was more than 1 shooter.

I've never talked to him about his thougts on UFO's and Aliens.. hmm sounds like some good coversation coming up this Thanksgiving Dinner.
Jack Ruby's public execution of Oswald was enough at the time to make people think something was odd about JFK's assassination. Ruby (a terminally ill man who used to work for the CIA) did shoot Oswald, who was an unproven suspect, on live TV after all.

The faked moon landings theory has been around as long as the moon landing itself as well. What better way to take tax money and one-up the Russians at the same time than by pretending to go to the moon?

[Edited on 10-11-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Remember we are only told that the moon is a dense object that doesn't mean it's the truth. That's what these conspiracy theories are for, to offer a different perspective on what fit the facts. Albiet, sometimes they are just a little off the wall.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that most scientists agree on the low density of the moon. The hollow theory they will not discuss. As to why the moon is less dense than the earth that it supposedly orginated from, scientists don't give many answers.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   
great links there heelstone, especially the third one. Took a while to read though.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Thanks. I attempt at all times to keep the wildest of my theories based at least in part on some facts. Its a shame that this is as far as we can really get without the scientific community throwing us another bone. IMO, the bones we have been getting are enough to make me not look (too) foolish.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join