It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hot Girl or Not? VIDEO

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Just found this video. By the end my jaw had hit the floor. I had no idea that they did that much stuff to get those billboard pictures!:!

VIDEO

Photoshop, enough makeup to drag her head to the ground, and who knows what else.

Just goes to show how the media can forcefeed us totally warped impressions of just about anything . . . a human being in this case.

Right place to post this?

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Nice catch, watch_the_rocks.

I can understand the makeup and hairdo...that actually made quite a difference in her looks.

But the rest kind of blows me away. Reality as seem by the photoshop cutters.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I saw that video on televishen a few days ago. It is a pretty good video and a good point that is being made.

I just in case this thred goes this direction, the person in the video was good looking before they did the transformation.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I don't think it's entirely fair, It's obvious that, like all advertising, the brand in question is using someone to push their own agenda, the woman they use is no super model to start off with, I've known women with cleaner complexions, and yeah, you can do a lot with lighting, make up, and technology, but the thing being pushed here is the agenda of the brand in question. It's obviously a clever strategy, as the fact that you've thought it worthy of comment illustrates beautifully.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Welcome to the Real World.

Ever seen photos of supermodels without make-up and photoshopping?

But I have to admit, that the photoshopping was kind of too surprising!

Now we know how they get all the beautiful faces on those big posters.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
You know it happens, right? But the extent...I really was rather surprised, not too pleasently either. No wonder girls starve themselves to death trying to be that perfect size 4. Really what's wrong with being a really nice size 8?

Good find.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Nice find, but, realistically, so what?
Everyone should know that anything they see in the media is more or less fake, especially when it comes to advertisements.

They took a normal looking person, and made them look like a supermodel.

Thats how they get supermodels to look like supermodels.

Also, lets be realistic. You all just watched a commerical for DOVE. That wasn't some 'evil competitor' that made that billboard, DOVE made it, as part of their advertising campaign. They are trying to tell you that they are 'truth', that their product makes you 'honestly beautiful', just like everyone else.

[edit on 16-10-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
There are some sites that focus on "celebs with and without makeup" and "before and after photo's" for commercial campaigns with celebs.

The magazine shoot with Brooke Hogan recently is a very good look at how far they take this kinda stuff. Her dad (Hulk Hogan) actualy looks good compared to her, but in that photoshoot, they took picture retouching to the limits and with some of the photo's its actualy very obvious the pictures had been edited a bit to much (abnormal blurs and wierd skintones)

The beauty sold in magazines is a complete illussion and these days, even in movies, how people look isn't always the way they look in real life.

If you guys ever saw the movie with Jessica Alba last year 'into the blue' I think it was named, in one of the diving scenes, she was wearing a really skimpy bathingsuit that showed her (lovely and drooltastic) behind very well.

I don't remember for which audience they edited it (I think it was for the US) they edited the footage and pût another type of swimsuit on her!

Thats how far they can take this stuff, changing even clothes, after the actual footage is recorded.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Heck, did you see that gap commerical with audrey hepburn dancing all over the place? That was entirely animated. So was the movie "Skycaptain" and "The Cavern" (at least in terms of the set).

Think about it. They can make a new Humphrey Bogart movie, if they want.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I find that video actually kind of cool...I dated a girl who weighed 102 lbs. and was 5' 9"...I found her to be very beautiful...I know it sounds disgusting but I like the ultra skinny girls...I think it's all preference

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that. I also saw it on TV and I wasn't surprised but I'm kind of interested in modeling (not to be one, just as a psychological study) and I know most people don't know how much trouble they go to to make a woman appear beautiful.

I was watching America's Next Top Model and my husband came by and watched for a few minutes and said he didn't find any of the women all that pretty. To which I said, No, they're not necessarily pretty. Pretty isn't a prerequisite for being a model. The makeup and 'photoshopping' take care of that.

Interesting.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Very clever marketing idea by Dove. Sure it was interesting to see, however we are still watching a commerical. I would have been more impressed if they had used her without all the 'attention'.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Yeah, this is sad to use women in this manner. The slogan is right imo, "Every girl deserves to feel beautiful". Why didn't this girl? Because of the perceptions of society, as we're being fed by the media.

Cover Girl has finally got it, their latest CG:

The Queen is a beautiful woman.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The extent of editing that goes on in advertising and photo shoots is enormous. Supermodels are mostly chosen because of their physical proportions. How tall they are, how long their neck is, how long their legs are compared to their torso and of course the shape of their head and face. Their skin can be and is buried under more makeup than anything else. That commercial just basically tells the average joe shmo what they are really looking at when they are drooling at these billboards and magazine spreads. It's all just a figment of your imagination.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Anyone think the woman in the video was beautiful from the get-go?
before all the "stuff"..

I know I did..

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
How much do those photoshoppers get paid? I think I can do that with a bit of practice since I'm already more than familiar with PS. That seems like an easy as hell job.
I bet I could turn a not so attractive person to decent. And yeah, that girl looked good already before all that makeup and -stuff- so it's not like it was even a real challenge.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Not Hot before
- only slightly hot after
. If you come across a girl like the 'after' example throw her in a swimming pool or lake to wash the gunk off, pull her out and dry her off. If she still looks hot - then you've got one. But this girl looked awful IMHO befor they put o new map on her.

Fun 2 watch though...

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
If you come across a girl like the 'after' example throw her in a swimming pool or lake to wash the gunk off, pull her out and dry her off. If she still looks hot - then you've got one. But this girl looked awful IMHO befor they put o new map on her.

It is exactly that kind of thinking that Dove is trying to abolish. Do you realise the extent to which the media is responsible for cases of severe depression, suicide, eating disorders and body dysmrphic syndrome?

This is an excellent idea that shows that even those who the media pins up as naturally beautiful rarely are, and I fully agree with Dove's message.
Everyone, not just women, should be able to feel comfortable with how they look and not feel pressured to look like society thinks they should look.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades

It is exactly that kind of thinking that Dove is trying to abolish.

Excuse me for being cynical, but IMO, Dove are just finding a new angle to ensure they shift their units.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
okay then, I'll just answer the question posed by the original post:

NO - not hot. Not at all hot. Not before. Barely after.

And who cares anyway - what is this doing on ATS - isn't BTS (just "BS) a better place for this thread?

Later dogs...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join