It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution (The Next Step)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
okay, apprently over the years we 'humans' evolved from ape.

monkeys are still around, so my question if/when humans evolve into the next stage theres a good chance humans could still be around (like apes today)!

therefore earth will have 2 seperate species of intelligent life, how will humans be perceived though?

will we co-exist into one happy society or will humans be classed as a lower lifeform and be treated as such (simlar to that of non-human primates today)?

discuss

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
if that were to happen the most likely case scenerio is that we woud kill them out. by our very nature that is what we do,that is why we are the only class of humans around today. if the new race were to be more aggressive than us ,then it will be the other way around. keep in mind some of the other races that evolved were bigger,stronger and maybe even smarter, its just that this form of sapiens had what it takes to survive.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It is an older theory that we evolved from apes. And perhaps that theory still holds for some sects.

It stands that we evolved from one-celled beings into various creatures. The apes are among our closest DNA match and thereby “relatives” not necessarily catalysts or a base for the human evolution.

So, then does that mean that the Homo Sapiens (A.K.A. modern humans) simply evolved faster than the apes species? Therefore, if the humans had evolved slower than apes would apes then dominate the world? Or, would the humans have eventually surpassed the apes and put them in a place of submission? Perhaps that is what has already occurred.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I agree, we would try to stuff them out at the earilerst opportunity. So is the nature of the beast.

If we feel threatened we kill, which is nature I guess, look at any cornered animal. It will fight for it's life, and for supremacy. Which we want, it's human nature.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Human nature is to burn, kill and destroy everything and anything that is a mild inconvenience to our well-being. If we evolve, I hope it's the brain first, lets stamp out the homicidal tendacies and replace it with something constructive.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Human nature is to burn, kill and destroy everything and anything that is a mild inconvenience to our well-being. If we evolve, I hope it's the brain first, lets stamp out the homicidal tendacies and replace it with something constructive.

To be fair, whilst I agree with this point, it is also a natural thing to do. Take a look at any wild animal(primarily packs/groups of them) there is a deffinate heirarchy. Achieved by being the biggest and best, hwow is this decided? In a test of strength, a battle etc. If it means killing to be supreme then so be it.

I highly doubt we will ever lose our will to jill anything that may over take us in superiority, for fear of being used as slaves or the like. Much like we treat/treated many animals until the invention of machines

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by st3ve_o
okay, apprently over the years we 'humans' evolved from ape.

No evolutionists ever said that(to my knowledge). Not even the father of evolution, Darwin. What evolution suggests is that we have a common ancestor with apes. That's its.

In addition I would point you towards a book called The End Of Evolution by Peter Ward. This book suggests that due to modern medicine and other factors we homo sapiens may not currently be evolving.

Vas

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by livingtribunal23

To be fair, whilst I agree with this point, it is also a natural thing to do.

Fair points, but I have never heard of any other creature on this planet that kills and destroys for such meager reasons.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by livingtribunal23

To be fair, whilst I agree with this point, it is also a natural thing to do.

Fair points, but I have never heard of any other creature on this planet that kills and destroys for such meager reasons.

No neither have I. Whilst we can do this, i don't believe we should. As the world is a finely balanced system. Everything is made for each other, which seems to good to be true. I don't believe in a God, so to speak, but it is too co-incidental that everything here balnces each other out. Something must be at work, atleast that is what I believe. We can survive, we must be able to or we would no have survived this long without any technology/housing/clothes. yet we have been around for thousands and thousands of years. We have just been softened, so now people will not go out and hunt for thie food, they won't fight for their land etc etc.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This 'softness' as you describe it is 101% true. I truly don't believe that the human race will last another millenia, something will happen that will strain our reigns on technology and the world will collapse, well, the human side of it anyway.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

This 'softness' as you describe it is 101% true. I truly don't believe that the human race will last another millenia, something will happen that will strain our reigns on technology and the world will collapse, well, the human side of it anyway.

Look at how many people are scared of Spiders and snakes. Ok, alot if it is natural fear, with them being poisonous and the like, but if we still retained our "natural" instincts on this, we wouldn' be that scared of them. We are biger than them, most anyway, and so we wouldn't have anything to be afrraid of. You don't see elephants running from tigers do you? or lions. No, they are larger and so will not be attacked.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I don't agree with the snake thing I'm afraid! Natural instincts would tell us that they are poisonous, due to their vibrant colours and warnings, this would keep us away from them.

Many animals in the wild are 'scared' of smaller creatures, because they know they are harmful.

I can see what your getting at though, people being scared of any small critter!

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I don't agree with the snake thing I'm afraid! Natural instincts would tell us that they are poisonous, due to their vibrant colours and warnings, this would keep us away from them.

Many animals in the wild are 'scared' of smaller creatures, because they know they are harmful.

I can see what your getting at though, people being scared of any small critter!

Ah, I actually agree with the snake bit. yes, sorry. it's 2am here in good ol' England. Getting aon a bit, plus I've had some alcohol, so please, excuse any spelling mistakes I make
I still think we are too soft, and have become dependant al ALL the mechanichisation and other things that have made life "easier" for us.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I feel your pain mate, it's 2:26 now and I'm knacked!

As a society, humans are crap, simple as that. We rely too heavily on technology and having everything spoon fed to us. If there is some force behind everything, I'm betting it doesn't like us!

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I feel your pain mate, it's 2:26 now and I'm knacked!

As a society, humans are crap, simple as that. We rely too heavily on technology and having everything spoon fed to us. If there is some force behind everything, I'm betting it doesn't like us!

Very true. Although alot of it is great and we wouldn't know a 1/4 of what we know now without it. I'm glad for the ones that provide us with knowledge. Yes, the internet is a fnatastic invention as it's a superb means of becoming informed, but the industrialisation of te world is a poison. We are slowly killig ourselves, and it doesn't look like ti's going to get ay better.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The only way for that to happen - another species of human to evolve - would be for there to be some kind of isolation that kept a population of modern humans separate for a long period of time, many thousands of years at least.

In our modern world it would be very unlikely if not impossible for that to happen, given all of the moving around on the earth we do. But it would be interesting to see what would happen if a human population somehow became isolated and underwent physical or mental changes, or both.

In fact, in the past this has happened - witness the recent discovery of "pygmy" humans on the island of Flores. That's what happens when large animals get confined to islands - they shrink, and small animals like rats and lizards become giants.

But as it is today, humanity will only become more homogenious - races are quickly blending into one another and if we are evolving at all we will evolve as a single species (save for perhaps a few primitive, isolated pockets of humanity that will be left behind).

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schrecken Licht
The only way for that to happen - another species of human to evolve - would be for there to be some kind of isolation that kept a population of modern humans separate for a long period of time, many thousands of years at least.

In our modern world it would be very unlikely if not impossible for that to happen, given all of the moving around on the earth we do. But it would be interesting to see what would happen if a human population somehow became isolated and underwent physical or mental changes, or both.

I was going to post this myself - well put.

I also believe that our higher conscious state and empathy towards each other (ie, choosing mates based on personality rather than physical traits, social services for the disadvantaged, medical advances, etc) have created a scenario where survival of the fittest is no longer the norm. The steady "straight" evolutionary march has hit a cul de sac with humanity that is not present to such a degree anywhere else in the animal kingdom. You won't see a "new strain" of humanity emerge simply because it would be overwhelmed and folded back into the genetic pool before it could gain a significant hold on a population.

I'm of the belief that the only further evolution humanity will experience will be brought about by our own hand. I'm a firm believer in Technological Transhumanism, and I'm fairly certain that we'll end up altering ourselves so radically it may very well be considered an evolutionary step.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thousand

Originally posted by Schrecken Licht

I was going to post this myself - well put.

I also believe that our higher conscious state and empathy towards each other (ie, choosing mates based on personality rather than physical traits, social services for the disadvantaged, medical advances, etc) have created a scenario where survival of the fittest is no longer the norm. The steady "straight" evolutionary march has hit a cul de sac with humanity that is not present to such a degree anywhere else in the animal kingdom. You won't see a "new strain" of humanity emerge simply because it would be overwhelmed and folded back into the genetic pool before it could gain a significant hold on a population.

I'm of the belief that the only further evolution humanity will experience will be brought about by our own hand. I'm a firm believer in Technological Transhumanism, and I'm fairly certain that we'll end up altering ourselves so radically it may very well be considered an evolutionary step.

This is not the only way..
Imagine a natural disaster, a catastrophe, or nuclear war..... that would kill off majority of the human civilization... but some survive and evolution kicks in and there you go... no need for isolation then.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
but on another note... we are like a virus to this planet.
All we do is take and never give back. For example... how much oil have we already pumped out of the earth without even knowing if any consequences it brings as it probably does... All we do is consume.

Action results a consequence... and we have no idea what we are doing to this planet.

Also what do you guys think of 2012 being the year for the next evolutionary step?
Any ideas?

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
To a lot of people, the year 2012 is the end of all days. There are a lot of different theories on the way that we all cease to be, but maybe that's what everybody is missing. Try to open your mind a bit with this one, I'm being far'fetched on purpose. I don't know where you got the 2012 evolution theory from, I'd be interested to know. Maybe it is evolution instead of death. So many people believe 2012 will be the end of the world, but what if it's when something extrodinary happens and humans begin to become something else. Thus ending human beings, but being something else. Unlikely theory, but who knows. It's 2006 right now. A lot can happen in 6 years.

<<   2 >>

join