It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duendes!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I know many Filipinos/Filipinas and they have told me stories of these duende.
* While cutting brush on a hiking trail, one Filipino I know trampled what looked like ant mounds. Later he got extremely sick and was hospitalized. Doctors didn't know what was going on. He was later cured after finally visiting a witch doctor.
* Another friend told me the duende hypnotized her when she in school. Her best friend can corroborate and describes this event as the time she was seen staring at a big tree in the school yard. I think she said she was having personal issues at home at that time.
* A few others have described the same things mentioned here, the sounds of breaking glass coming from the kitchen, doors opening and hearing noises like tiny footsteps up on the roof and scrathcing and whispers.

I'll try to get more stories from them tomorrow.

I myself find it extremely difficult to believe this stuff, but why have many others described very similar stories?
Are they in tune with these little guys?
What's the relation with the Irish Leprechaun?
..is there a connection?
Can the same be said about the grays?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
yes i no all bout this my bro used to talk to them the play with little kids then take there souls well they r told too be very clean so to get rid of them you some how get your child or you dirty then they will leave.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wizzyG

My family has had problems with duendes for many years. I have read up on them and someone mentioned leaving food and playing games with them. Yes, according to what I read, they do have a hole through the left hand and if you ask them to play a game with you, which they love, ask them to bring you some sand or anything grainy or powder with their left hand and because they cannot do it, they become frustrated and leave. They do not like to lose. They like riddles and love to move things around. I have never really had a problem with the little one's seeing them. It is usually the older kids, teenagers and even adults. I spoke with a priest about it and he is able to help. I would also recommend having someone who knows what they are doing take care of your problem. They have not been mean, just a pain. They like waking you up in the middle of the night. I have also heard that they follow families/generations and even prefer the 1st born. Who knows, but my family has learned to deal with them.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Sounds like they're just as real as gnomes and leperchauns.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
i dont believe they are evil. they may have evil actions or lash out but thats only for attention. we need to look at the bigger picture what can they do for us? what can they teach and vice versa! think outside the box dont be a sqare. there is a message to be delivered

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I don't speak the language, but maybe someone here could translate.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
so...is there some way I could sic these dudes at my neighbors? A whole army of these invisible little guys could come real handy if they did my bidding

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Offer them food or work (something to do). But beware, you must give them more when they finish. This is not a solution, because theres is no solution, they will leave when they want.
In ancient spanish law "duendes" was a cause of termination of a rent or a sell of a "inmueble" (v.gr a House).

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Kind sonds like these guys:
Brownies:
Origin: England, element of Earth

Appearance: A little over a foot tall, in blue and green suits with felt hats. They have Black eyes, no noses (just nostrils) and beards. They’re rustic looking little guys with very delicate fingers for tedious tasks.

Personality: Friendly, generous, hard-working yet sensitive and easily offended. They will help a household, but have their own strict rules.

Relations: Many dwarf nature spirits are related, just have different tasks. Their closest relations are Boggarts, who were brownies who turned bad due to human torment.

Human Interaction: Brownies are the best dwarfs one can have in their home. They assist in chores, repair furniture and clean all spills, all for a small ration of food a day. They are very sensitive, however. The food must be of good quality, and they must not be watched while they work. They start work after the household goes to bed. A new set of clothes or any award will make them disappear from the household forever, and criticism and torment will change them into the sinister boggarts.

www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com...

This came from the ghost hunters team it goes through the list of nature spirits maybe you can read through it and find some help/

[edit on 4-12-2008 by Ant4AU]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Does anyone know of any type of evidence online, with photos or something of these guys?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
You can kind ask them kindly to go away and to stop bothering your family because you haven't done anything wrong.
-Hope this helps!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
what ive reserched about duendes / lepricons in mexico is just that
the legands tell that san patrico /st patric expelled them from ireland
by driving his staff into the ground and saying some prayer causing
the staff to grow roots and then into a tree/suposidly still there/
four leafe clovers cancell thier majic and protect you oddly this
is all espanic folklor and not irish/ took some digging to find the
conection between lepricon and mexico but then it hit me rainbows
think about it what do lepricon and rainbows have to do with st patrics day
st patrics the guy who got ride of all the snakes from ireland/ snake
meaning the devil minion in old cristianity/ the rainbow is the path they
took when they left ireland up over greenland and down threw the
americas /they were seen by the early colonist foraging in thier vegi
garden / garden gnomes / causing them to travel further south into mexico
and so forth dont know how to get ride of them but i did find a spell on how to make them actually i found two halves of a spell one from
mexico and the other a celtic writting apparently if you take a piticular
type of night shade /a plant / and put in a large bottle thats been painted
black on the in side so you cant see threw it and leave it over night
/on a certin night / in the morning you have your self a fimilier /
havent tried this yet still looking for a real four leaf clover/
try putting a picture of st patric / or san patrico the land lord of ire
/thats what they call him/ in the house and see what happens probly
piss them off though / bad idea sorry / do some research find out more for
self but i hope the info helps your search and again the only thing to stop
them or thier magic is a four leaf clover every one ive ever talked to or
asked say they have no idea what lepricon and rainbows have to do
with some st in ireland but it makes sence to me / there probly some celtic
droid spell for getting ride of them or mabye just do what st patric did
pray evil is evil no matter how calm or nice they might seem and evil
can always be trouble in fact thats what they were made for cuasing
trouble for those who chose cristianity over the celtic cults /by the way
st patric wasnt a st he was a self proclaimed christen /and theres never been snakes in ireland that ever heard its an island / and so i say
again do some research

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
here's what I've found so far:

(some blogger's representation of a duende)

from here

i don't think these creatures have been photographed although a simple google image search using the keywords: "duwende" or "duende" will get some rather interesting artistic representations.

Off-Topic:
Season's Greetings to all my fellow Filipinos who have chimed in on this thread.

EDIT: fixed image link

[edit on 12.25.08 by toreishi]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Well obvioiusly there are many stories around the world concerning little people--like duendes--and upon investigation the 99% turn out to be false.
We understand that our unseen world could be populated with evil spirits under the leadership of Satan--who desire to harm us. Even if 1% of the findings turn out to be manifestations of evil spirits who answer to Satan--because of who we are in Christ--they have 0% of power over us. So what is the worry??
Now if there were certain parts of the earth--that had hidden underground cities--that entertained fairy like populations--that would be awesome--however there is no evidence to indicate this is true. The answer then is--if you believe strong enough that a blue frog will appear to you, speak english, and tell you what to do with your life--it probably will happen in your fertile imagination.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
my father had an experience with duendes in mexico when he was little he and his friends were chased for three miles until they hoped a fence and got away. Duendes live in holes in the ground and in caves, there are ways to get rid of them.First you find were they reside near your house try to talk with them BUT dont look at them its said one glimpse can turn you into rock if they do not reply do math problems out loud with high out comes THIS IS NOT A JOKE if That doesnt work brush up on your mayan history thats were they originate.good luck.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MilitaryMan

This video is about a place called "Cañon de lovos" or Wolf canyon. The people in the video talk about this place being known to be strange. The locals refuse to live there because they claim these small creatures wreak havoc at night. So this man moved into that place and turned it into some kind of shrine for the "duendes". He built cabins so peope can come and visit them.

I personally do believe there are strange creatures in rural areas.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
A new type of Duende just got captured at the White House.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/1519e480aa6ede53.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It's the evil tuxedo dude

run like fornication everyone

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
just be respectful, courteous and give food or sweet drink some prefer milk or honey....

as for the clothing...you may recall in one of the harry potter movies when the Lord gives the little gnome like creature a book with a sock in it......this is a sign of freedom, if it is owed to you or a gentle gesture that "its" services are no longer needed

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join