It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Town that Doesn't Exist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
this was interesting too bad I joined in late. This reminds me of a movie I saw when I was in high school called 'the faces of death" I dont remember wich one it was but there were several parts. Anyway there was one case in there were a couple of guys were swimming in a lake or marsh or something off secluded somewhere back east and there was some kind of contamination in the water from some experiment or something. The guy got some kind of mutated critter on his arm or leg and went to the hospital, they tried to remove it and it killed him.
Anyway, that reminded me of why something like this might be out there and why it would be covered up like that.
Has anyone seen that movie? its been a long time I might be way off

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I remember the faces of death series (traces of death as well). Unfortunately, a lot of the footage faces of death used was staged, the swimming incident included.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I've been trying to track down info from several of the claims on that site, and all have been dead ends. I'm pretty sure the whole page is a joke. They did a great job with it though!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Allthough most of the stuff on that site is clearly a hoax that valleyville
sounds interesting. I really hope you can find some evidence of it being real.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I wouldn't trust that site. Alot of those pictures are photoshopped and alot of those stories are down right stupid.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Hamburglar

Sorry that you think everything is a hoax but the government has a rocket or missile base in Buckingham, va. and Gordonsville va. and several other places with tight - tight - real tight security. 3 guys disappeared trying to get into the compound , gone without a trace. Keep believing the Government is our friends--- also where the base is it is a lot of people with various types of cancer from the radiation from the site.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LeftBehind

If anyone sees this, I live in Galax. This particular attraction, so to speak, is actually more talked about than you might expect. In fact, I remember an article coming out in the local paper a couple of years ago. The cave, as I understand, is located in somewhere in or near what used to be the Gossamer (sp?) mines. (actually in the Gambetty section of Carroll County.) The land is now fenced off with government property signs posted at all of the visible entry points. If anyone stumbles upon this and has more info, please contribute. It's not exactly my area of interest, but because it's so close to home I try to stay current.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
On the Galax, VA. "low-gravity cavern" I must say, That story is NOT bs. I am a member of the NSS (National Speleological Society) and we had a discussion about that cave. It IS real. The entire story in the article is correct. Unfortunately they are battling over who can buy/own the property, and many people are trying to purchase it for attractions. So before you go saying the WHOLE site is "BS" rethink what you're about to write, because it really makes you sound like a douche. I don't believe everything is true on the site, but SOME things are. Besides, if you knew about it all, and knew if it was real or not, it wouldn't be TOP SECRET would it..?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
There's an award winning movie called "the village" which has this very same plot, except it's the towns people who make up a story about evil monsters in the woods, then tell it to the children, and only the select "elders" are given knowledge about the real world. No metaphorical meaning there

Very interesting. Especially since the movie had a scene that specifically had cops talking about how the air space over the middle of the woods was restricted. Hmm...

edit on 15-3-2012 by Xieon because: (no reason given)

It should be noted it won an award for best soundtrack, the plot wasn't that great....
edit on 15-3-2012 by Xieon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
There is an unincorporated village or town called Valley View. It's west of Buena Vista take 64 to Covington then North

Google coordinates 37.902222,-79.901389

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
On the Galax, VA. "low-gravity cavern" I must say, That story is NOT bs. I am a member of the NSS (National Speleological Society) and we had a discussion about that cave. It IS real. The entire story in the article is correct. they are battling over who can buy/own the property, and many people are trying to purchase it for attractions. So before you go saying the WHOLE site is "BS" rethink what you're about to write, because it really makes you sound like a douche. I don't believe everything is true on the site, but SOME things are. Besides, if you knew about it all, and knew if it was real or not, it wouldn't be TOP SECRET would it..?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Valleyville is a fictional town in Virginia created in the blog "'Little-Known' Attractions of Lynchburg." Upon publication of the website, many people fell for this and other amusing stories about fake tourist destinations in Lynchburg and the rest of Southwest Virginia. Valleyville is described as an "Area 51" like area with extreme security and peculiar government activity, perhaps as a "political detainment center." Supposedly, all airspace within 3 miles (4.8 km) of the town is restricted.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pixiefyre
There is an unincorporated village or town called Valley View. It's west of Buena Vista take 64 to Covington then North

Google coordinates 37.902222,-79.901389

That's just a road called Valley View Lane. It's not a town.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Well this is most interesting. I have never heard of Valleyville.....

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Never heard of it, but thanks for giving me something to research! Nothing like a little research to prove to myself how stupid I am. "The more I learn, the less I know....". Feeding into that every time I find an answer to a question, it opens the door to fifty more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join