It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presbyterian Publisher releases 911 Conspiracy book.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This is all news to me, after hearing a report on CBC Radio this afternoon. It was a bit shocking to hear that a Christian publishing company would back something as explosive as this...but here it is.

Kinda bolsters the conspiacy theorists in the search for truth...

www.christianitytoday.com...

The September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks were orchestrated by the U.S. government, according to a book to be released later this month by Westminster John Knox Press—a division of the denominational publisher for the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).

Christian Faith and the Truth Behind 9/11: A Call to Reflection and Action is the third book on the subject by David Ray Griffin, a professor emeritus of theology at Claremont School of Theology who is also a well-published and prominent process theologian.

His previous work has influenced Kevin Barrett, a Muslim lecturer for the University of Wisconsin-Madison, who has received recent national attention for espousing the theory. Of the 133 members in Wisconsin's legislature, 61 signed a letter to university officials and Gov. James Doyle demanding that Barrett be fired before the fall term begins. He is scheduled to teach about some of the conspiracy theories surrounding September 11 during his 15-week fall course, "Islam: Religion and Culture."

related links...

www.washtimes.com...
www.christianpost.com...
www.ppcbooks.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
When you have religous people starting to question the offical story and speculate on conspiracy, then it really is the beginning of the end for the cover-ups. The government story is really falling apart and unraveling more everyday.

Wonderful news.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Check out this link for a good example of a religious person supposedly "unravelling" a different conspiracy:

Read all about the Copernican and Darwinian Myths and their many ramifications going all the way to Kabbala-based Big Bangism!
The Earth is Not Moving!

The above link is actually a good read for any conspiracy theorist, because it is very educational to look at a conspiracy theory totally different from your own.

Boenoid

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I bought a few copies of David Griffens second book and gave them out to some people. I told them to read it and pass it on. I know it helped convince atleast one of my friends that I wasnt a off my rocker. Once he read the book he realized that all the stuff I had been telling him wasnt just 'internet bullcrap'.
I have read some interesting things on David Griffen tho, like he is a proponent of a one world government if I am not mistaken.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I stumbled across ATS by accident, I then got interested in the 9/11 truth movement and exploring my own beliefs (hence my username) and theories. David Ray Griffin's "9/11 - The New Pearl Harbour" was the first book I read which dealt with 9/11 and I must say I found it to be extremely well-written, thought provoking and factual. I passed it onto family members who were blown away by it when they opened their minds up to a previously unthinkable view on this tragic event.
I didnt note any religious tone in the book but I have enormous respect for this man who seems determined to enlighten people on the real events of September 11th 2001.
I also found this video of David Griffin speaking at Wisconsin University, it is well worth watching, go the home page of st911.org and scroll down to watch the full videop clip free.

join