It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What show is funnier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Out of the these three animated shows which is the funniest to you...

1.)The Simpsons
2.)Family Guy
3.)South Park

for me, it has to be Family guy without a doubt.. although the other two are funny as hell... Family guy packs more laughs into the half an hour than the other two combined IMO..

tell me what you think. Which is your favorite?

[edit on 8/28/2006 by TONE23]

[edit on 8/28/2006 by TONE23]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Well, Simpson's for me will always be funny and always have a special place. South Park, yeah I kind of liked it but I never really got into like other people, so I too will have to go with Family Guy, its hilarious. I don't understand how some people can't find that show funny.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Right now it has to be Family guy. But for me The Simpsons are an old favorite that I would watch over FG. I grew up with the Simpsons on.

For South park, it has its moments, but has faded on me.

The episode with the "Super Best Friends" was some comedy gold

Whats that smell? It smells like Ottos jacket...............

My name is Otto, I love to get BLOTTO

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Family Guy now, used to be Simpsons but the stuff to me just isnt that funny/shocking like it used to be.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I love The Simpsons, always have, but I've got to admit the past season or so has them going a little stale. Not horribly so, mind you, but the edge is definitely off. Part of the problem, without analyzing it too much, is that the show has been so Homer-centric for so long.

I've only recently begun watching Family Guy on any sort of regular basis, and it's funny as hell. Both on the basis of sheer volume of laughs, and of quality of laughs.

I've never been able to get into South Park. I like it for about 10 minutes at a time, and then I've had enough. No reflection on the quality of the show -- comedy is very subjective -- it's just not my cup of tea.

Baack

PS: Futurama was funnier than any of them!

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
You know what Baack... I totally forgot about futurama and I watch that one alot too... still think Family guy is the top for me but Futurama shoulve been on this list.

oh well....

If anyone actually reads past the first post lets make this amendment...

of the following shows which do you find "funniest"

1.)The Simpsons
2.)Family Guy
3.)South Park
4.)Futurama

thank you for your time,
tone

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Simpsons!! Although I'm still sore over the fact that when Fox introduced both Family Guy and Futurama at the same time that they cancelled Futurama and kept Family Guy! I still can't believe it, they've got to be nuts! I loved Futurama and still watch the old ones when they're on at 2am on Cartoon Network. Family Guy, South Park, American Dad... meh.

edit: With Futurama added, I must say Futurama is funniest to me!

[edit on 4-9-2006 by AlphaHumana]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The old simpsons up to like season 9 will always be my favorite, early episodes of south park are also very funny, but the recent ones where they add more real world topics instead of making things up have gotten less and less funny.

I have really gotten to like family guy, but recently I think alot of the jokes have become tacky one liners. So I guess it's back to the bin.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
If it's not too late to bring up, what about King of the Hill?

Personally, the more I've seen it as of late, the less I like it. Three years ago, I was in the hospital for five months and watched KOTH twice a day, every day. I was in love with it for a long time, but I may have thought about it too much, or maybe just burned out on it.

My problem is with the main characters. While the other shows we're discussing here are out-and-out cartoons, with cartoonlike characters, KOTH is more like a regular sitcom, only animated. Over the course of time, I've come to realize that Hank and Peggy Hill are really despicable people.

Hank makes an attempt to be a good guy, I guess, but his complete moral hypocrisy in practically all matters prevents him from accomplishing anything worthwhile, except by accident. He's ignorant of, and suspicious of, anything outside the boundaries of propane, football, and mowing the lawn. Peggy is just a lunatic -- completely unhinged, with delusions of... not even grandeur, but mere adequacy. "Mediocre" would represent a giant leap in accomplishment for her. Bobby is a good kid; imaginative, engaging, trusting, and open to just about anything new or different. You just know he'll never survive his upbringing by these two monsters.

The neighbors are just as whacked. Dale can be a complete snake; he's turned on Hank to a very harsh degree a number of times. Bill is a complete loser; a total slob, pathetic and without a future. Nancy Gribble, Khan, and his wife are desperate overachievers. Only Boomhauer conducts himself with any dignity and a consistent moral code. And Cotton Hill is just one of the meanest characters in the history of TV, almost completely without any redeeming characteristics.

I'm not saying the show isn't well-written or funny; it most definitely is. For me, I've decided that I just don't want to spend any more time in the company of these creeps.

Weird reaction to a cartoon, huh?

Baack

[edit on 9/6/06 by Baack]

top topics

join