It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microchipped Trash Bins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well it seems that the plan continues right under our noses.

www.rinf.com...

What next?

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Big Brother Hiding in British Trash Bins
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Wow this is great news ,maybe now my wheelie bin will stop getting stolen by the low lifes on my estate (little Beirut)

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
www.abovetopsecret.com...

thanks Sauron, wasn't aware of it being posted.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by incunabula

www.rinf.com...

What next?

Next is micro chipped toilets.
You will pay a tax for not eating enough fruit etc.
You will pay tax for imbibing to much wine.
You will pay tax for not being regular and taking too long before the last time.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Wow. If they're really paying 15,000 pounds per bin to put a serial number on, I've got some Arizona coast line to sell them.

incunabula, how do you see this as furthering "their" evil plan? It just reads the garbage can's serial number. Would it be less evil if some guy punched it in on a key pad?

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LenWeekes

www.rinf.com...

What next?

Next is micro chipped toilets.
You will pay a tax for not eating enough fruit etc.
You will pay tax for imbibing to much wine.
You will pay tax for not being regular and taking too long before the last time.

now that's funny.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam
Wow. If they're really paying 15,000 pounds per bin to put a serial number on, I've got some Arizona coast line to sell them.

incunabula, how do you see this as furthering "their" evil plan? It just reads the garbage can's serial number. Would it be less evil if some guy punched it in on a key pad?

I just see this matter in the sense of gathering data on the people. It doesn't matter how minute the data gathering is but it is still being done.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Our neighbor actually called us on the phone to tell us about it, then we lifted up our lids and sure enough, it was there. We are cinsidering ripping the thing out and sending it back to the council with our thoughts.

The chip itself costs around £2 to make but the cost of fitting the equipment to a council dustcart is around £15,000.

Now what could justify this expense? lemme guess, council taxes are gonna go up too so they can fund this Orwellian invasion of privacy.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I just see this matter in the sense of gathering data on the people. It doesn't matter how minute the data gathering is but it is still being done.

Sounds like they're trying to set up a means to charge you by the pound for trash.

It being GB, they'll probably go along with it, like the road charging setup. Now, there's something to actually worry about.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
So it goes by weight... If your trash happens to be heavy you get fined, but if it's light, you're ok, even if it's the same volume?

Drink out of cans, not bottles, people!

How stupid!

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
How many people will be putting their rubbish in your bin when you've gone to work, just to save a few quid?
I for one will be recycling as much stuff as possible and probably burning the rest and generating loads of toxic fumes to save me paying anything -- now that is good for the environment isn't it?!?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Please use this earlier posted thread for comments.

This thread is now closed.
Thank you.

join