It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winged Cats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Thats right, these are 100% real, the can't actually fly but can move, indicating they are just to weak, pehaps in the future we will beable to see cats as the new pidgeons, lol, its quite amazing really.

ver the years there have been many reports of winged cats. These have been treated as cryptozoological phenomena. Many people would like to believe in flying cats, but the real explanation is medical, not mystical. The answers lie in poor grooming, a developmental defect or an uncommon hereditary skin condition.

Note: This is not, as some blogs suggest, a fake site akin to Bonsai Kittens. The condition is called "Cutaneous Asthenia" and is related to the human Ehler-Danlos Syndrome (described at the end of this page). These conditions are documented in medical and veterinary journals. The impression of "wings" can also occur due to matted fur in Persians and other longhaired breeds. Viewers of the UK's "Animal Hospital" will have seen several cases of this (e.g. "Shaun" the badly matted silver Persian).

HISTORICAL REPORTS OF WINGED CATS

There are around 138 reported sightings of winged cats. There are 28 documented cases i.e. with physical evidence and at least 20 photographs and, in recent times, one video. Several bodies and living winged cats have been examined. There is at least one stuffed specimen, but this may be a nineteenth century fake.

Click to Read it all

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
If cats grew usable wings, I can tell you that the world's birds would be none to happy. Although flying cats would be pretty cool.

With genetic engineering taking on the bizare twistes it has been recently, who knows? Pigs might someday really fly.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
All wiged cats are just fur that hasnt been treated well, and birth deformities. Mostly the former.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The possibility of birth deformities becoming the next step in evolution is highly unlikely.

Still, interesting find.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I want a cat with wings, that'd be like my evil ass demon kitty, that flies around and claws from above!

lolmg those were the most retarded photographs I have ever seen in my life.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Prehaps over time the deformaties will evolve so the cats wings can fly, its highly unlikely but the thought of its nice though.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
What a coincedence, I was just looking stuff up on this very subject this morning.

Winged Cats appear to be a feline form of Ehler-Danlos Syndrome.

Here are some human examples from the very page you provided:
www.messybeast.com...

Personally, I have no idea whats gone funky with these cats. Did someone put their double-helix's in a blender or something?
I'd love to own a cat with wings though. It'd be totally sweet.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I just have to add my 2 cents worth for the co-incidence factor.
I bought a folder at the dollar store with a" meowlt" Friday because I noticed it and it struck my fancy. It is an owls body with a cat's face. Grey and white, very cool!

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   
The only thing i must argue about that deforamity, even if it is a deformaty that casues parts to strech, they can still move there wings, only not enough to actually fly, so prehaps over years they might beable to deveople them.

join