It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ultimate pic thread.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Post any pictures, of anything you think looks weird or mysterious and I shall try to identify them. I'm a practicing crypto-zoologist, and want as much practice as I can get.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I don't have any information on this one, it was just sitting on my hard drive. Although I have a pretty good idea of what it is...

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Seal corpse. I might be wrong.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Oh, ya. That's real all right.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
i knew it!
just messin with ya hex.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
whoaa thats what a decopmposing seal looks like
looks real weerd

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I remember a pic of a decomposing body found by a japanese fishing boat on the coast of well, Japan and they took pics but the captain ordered the crew to put it back in the water because of its horrible smell...

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
looks a little to big to be a seal corpse to me. if you look at the person in the background (yes im aware of depth of focus and perspective) you can tell that the corpse is about 10 to 12 feet long (depending on if that person in the backgrouns is an average 5'8"). which type of seal is this big?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hexidecimal
Seal corpse. I might be wrong.

It's a basking shark.. The actual animal looks nothing like this when alive. The bottom half of the head fall soff and leaves the brain case..which looks eerily like a long snake like head and neck.

It's quite suggestive as a photo..but it's a basking shark.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Ya Jimmy i remember that thing on the japanese boat, ive only seen it a couple of times not much people talk about it considering that know one ever could explane what it was

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by river rat
files.abovetopsecret.com...

Stop posting pictures of me in the morning lol

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This is a great idea for a thread.

But I do want to caution everyone that 1-liners are frowned upon in ATS forums. er

Just so ya know

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I’m going to go with walrus.

Could be just about anything though.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Anyone else got anymore pictues, or are more and more people gonna comment on the dead shark. So far I've seen 1 serious picture here. Oh, and you dont just have to post pictures of dead things.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

;_;

[edit on 22-8-2006 by Paresthesia]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
A dog with fake billy bob teeth on. Come on, be serious.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
i remember when a oarfish washed up on the beach

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Here's the catch, if there were any pics to post the would have been posted in older threads. So, unless someone comes up with some obscure crypt that's been overlooked (not likely) then the only thing to do is wait for new stuff. I would say unless something new comes up this week it will end up in another thread.

Now, if this guy would have thought of this last week he would have struck gold with the ferel dog.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by robman1014
It's a basking shark.. The actual animal looks nothing like this when alive. The bottom half of the head fall soff and leaves the brain case..which looks eerily like a long snake like head and neck.

It's quite suggestive as a photo..but it's a basking shark.

This is a Basking Shark's Full Skeleton:

This is the Washed Up Carcass:

This is a Pleisiosaur's Full Skeleton:

Why do people always use the Basking Shark Theory when it just doesn't hold water? The "brain case" is surrounded by something much larger, a skull. So when a Basking Shark decays, the skull doesn't just desolve away with the rest of the tissue. There's a much larger mystery here.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join