It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regain empathy for the pain of others for just $49.99

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It doesn't speak well for the human race, when we deem it necessary to develop technology to help us rediscover our humanity.

WiFi-SM brings your humanity back to daylight
WiFi-SM is an Internet connected wireless device that you can fix on any part of your body. It automatically detects the information from approximately 4,500 news sources worldwide updated continuously and analyses them looking for specific keywords such as death, kill, murder, torture, rape, war, virus etc.. Each time the text of the news contains one of these keywords, your WiFi-SM device is activated through the Wi-Fi network and provides you with an electric impulse. This impulse is calibrated so that you can feel a certain amount of pain, but is completely safe. www.unbehagen.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   
What a #in joke! The device, not this post.

I cannot believe, people would consider this...worst part, it will sell.

Nice find Jezebel, crazy but interesting.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I posted this in chit chat at BTS several day ago. It's quite crazy, eh

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
I posted this in chit chat at BTS several day ago. It's quite crazy, eh

Sorry, I guess I missed it. Hope you don't mind the rehash.

How in the world did someone come up with the idea to make a device like this? I mean, I imagine it would work, but couldn't they think of a better way to help people regain compassion for each other?

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I can think of one better way...

Let them walk one mile in that persons shoes...heck if they even have shoes!

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Who would want something like this, it's bad enough they make everyday news like a sporting event, now you can "feel" the way they do. I think it's funny they start chargine you for every pain impulse after 50 and you get a free month trial period. Ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
How is it powered? What if you're in a location where there is no signal? Why would you want to PAY to hurt yourself?

Those people should realize that even though they're hurting theselves, it's not contributing to ending domestic violence.

Don't people have better things to spend their money on????

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This must be for sado maschoists because they will be feeling constant pain from what I can see going on.

join