It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is anyone here impressed with 9/11???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
okay, i am probably going to get flammed to hell for this thread but i don't care...

this question was on my mind for a while now and now it's time i ask it...

here it is:

is anyone here impressed with 9/11???

think about it...

how can you not be impressed about the fact that al-qaeda, a small international terrorist group, successfully attacked the US, the "greatest nation in history," and inflicted mass casualties???

i am also wondering if there are any people outside of ATS (historians, etc.) that are impressed with the 9/11 attacks (besides the terrorists of course)...

like it or not, this was an event in history that has to have multiple viewpoints...

can everyone on earth just hate the date because of what occurred???

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Watch out lol,

ALOT of people are going to come here and argue about the US government being behind the attack and yadda-yadda-yadda.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by shanemcbain
Watch out lol,

ALOT of people are going to come here and argue about the US government being behind the attack and yadda-yadda-yadda.

yes, it is inevitable...

but, may you participate in this thread by answering the question???

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
There's a whole worldwide organisation that was/is - The Media.

Unfortunatley, or fortunatley for them, that's all you need to impress.

[edit on 13-8-2006 by kegs]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Im personally not impressed about how they attacked the U.S., but im very "unimpressed" about how the U.S gov allowed it to happen. Since the moment those planes went off course every single employee at the airports were already scanning them and getting in contact with the FBI, I think they allowed it to happen only because they thought they were bluffing and werent actually going to crash into the buildings.

Also there are many conspiracies about the govt being behind it all, im completely open minded about most theories so its hard to really say what happened.

Its funny how we immediately started attacking Iraq instead of Afghanistan, and most of the terrorists on the planes were Saudis, yet it took almost a month to go to Afghanistan. I personally think Bush is getting paid billions to "not catch Osama" and let him roam loose (mainly by his rich cousins with close ties to bush), while at the same time make it seem like were doing all we can to get him.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Impressed? Sure. The U.S. government never seems to amaze me. The scale of the whole attack blows the mind.

Something that big needed alot more than some ragtag terrorists to pull it off.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
tsa,

All I can do is retell Tom Clancy's statements on that evening of 9/11. One of the news networks spoke with him about how this whole thing seemed like a plot from one of his books, and he said (I'm paraphrasing) -

I never would have written this plot in a book, because the publishers would have said it was just too unbelievable. I never would have thought of this one.

Yes, it was impressive.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
One of the main reasons I follow 9/11 research, particularly regarding the WTC, is because of how impressive the events of that day turned out to be. The people behind it, as sick as they are, are world-class at what they do. The planning and engineering that went behind those impacts and collapses must have been amazing. I've actually developed an interest in both civil engineering and chemistry/explosives from the better threads and information exchanges around the here and the rest of the web, because of 9/11.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
There is nothing impressive about destroying airliners full of innocent civilians, and ofcourse ground zero.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Yes, it was impressive.

that's exactly what i thought...

Originally posted by SteveR
There is nothing impressive about destroying airliners full of innocent civilians, and ofcourse ground zero.

maybe you lost a family member or friend???

i respect your opinion, but i think it was impressive...

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I didn't lose anyone (no-one to lose) and I'm not even American, I just think we should take a more mature attitude to this.

Blowing up airliners is sick, really. No idea how you can use the word impressive.

[edit on 13/8/06 by SteveR]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
It has been going on for so long, it hasn't lost it's purpose, but it has lost it's "Signifagance" for the rest of the world. There has been worst "Catastrophies" in the act of war. Let those people get thier mounument and get on with our lives. "It is going to happen again." so why cry? it is all of "WAR".

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I think, nowadays, whether it was an act of war or not is a very subjective matter.. that does not and should not change your view of the event, though.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Blowing up airliners is sick, really. No idea how you can use the word impressive.

[edit on 13/8/06 by SteveR]

it's easy

the US is the self proclaimed "greatest nation of all time" and, thus, it should be great in all aspects...

on 9/11, a small group of terrorists brought the US to a complete halt...

these terrorists came into the US, trained in our own flight-schools, and then committed the greatest terror attack of all time (besides the US attacks on hiroshima and nagasaki, but that's another thread) without even being red-flagged by the authorities beforehand...

it's impressive to say the least

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Ok. The military-economic effects may be "impressive" in a strategic sense. But the means.. was absolutely inhuman.

But to be honest.. terror isn't that impressive militarily, and targetting civilians and their infastructure doesn't scratch the war machine. If it had been, "$1 Billion of Air Force equipment destroyed in hangars overnight." that would of been better, harder but more impressive.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Ok. The military-economic effects may be "impressive" in a strategic sense. But the means.. was absolutely inhuman.

But to be honest.. terror isn't that impressive militarily, and targetting civilians and their infastructure doesn't scratch the war machine. If it had been, "$1 Billion of Air Force equipment destroyed in hangars overnight." that would of been better, harder but more impressive.

of course...

from what i have seen (which isn't much), various terrorist tactics target civilians to inflict, well, terror...

your correct, it would have been much harder to attack a military facility...

i believe the terrorists aren't trying to do this because, i believe, they aren't trying to destroy the US in a war...

they know they can't win against the US in a full-blown war...

so, they do the next best thing and annoy they hell out of us and kill our civilians...

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
they know they can't win against the US in a full-blown war...

so, they do the next best thing and annoy they hell out of us and kill our civilians...

Too bad we weren't at war with them until after 9/11.

Kind of defeats the whole point.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I think almost everyone who didn't lose anyone close during 9/11 is in awe of the attacks.

It's human nature really, the attacks were simply spectacular, the whole thing was caught on tape and it was as dramatic as any movie would be.

I feel bad people had to die, but many more could've died if it wasn't for the bravery of the NYPD, NYFD and the people inside the building, ofcourse the paramedics as well for saving so many people!

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I don't know if I belive in the strengths of war, but can garauntee that there is "No Good" that comes of it.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Too bad we weren't at war with them until after 9/11.

Kind of defeats the whole point.

i hope we don't get off track but maybe that was there plan...

they had to know that the US would retaliate, right???

so osama evacuated afghanistan and makes the US look bad for invading that country and iraq...

he's a smart man...

maybe another of his goals was to make the US look evil???

<<   2 >>

join