It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy good gas milage??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I was watching the old tube a few night ago and saw a commercial for a gas and water mixture. These people said it was possible to get close to 2000 miles per tank? I find thid hard to believe, cant find anything on the net about it. I am hoping someone here has info on this.

Thanks

E-

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Well that sure beats mine. I get 12 MPG in the city and 18 MPG on open roads.
lol

Hopefully all cars will be like that in the future.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by picklewalsh
lol

WOW. I drive a turbocharged 4 cylinder with over 300HP and still get 26mpg highway and 19-21 city. What kinda car/truck/SUV are yo driving?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I think i saw this commercial on monday night it might have been on sci fi channel here in dallas. I have been looking at a number of different websites and cant find the information.

I found it quite interesting and wanted to know more about it.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by picklewalsh
lol

Ouch, what size tank does that beast come with?
My bike gets around 52mpg and I grumble filling that up, if I had your (H2?) or whatever, i'd have to get another job!

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Come on guys i am just trying to find some info on the company.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by scoobdude
WOW. I drive a turbocharged 4 cylinder with over 300HP and still get 26mpg highway and 19-21 city. What kinda car/truck/SUV are yo driving?

I drive a 2006 BMW M5, Its because its a Supercharged 5 litre, V10 engine. It does kick out a awesome 500+ HP and 500 ft/lbs of torque, which gives me a top speed (with the limiter off) of 205MPH. Shame about the fuel costs. The tank holds 18.5 Gallons. So here is the kicker here in the UK its about £5.50 a gallon, which is $10.27. So a full tank costs roughly £101.75 or $190 and i get between 222 and 333 miles off a tank.

Why did i work all that out, I'm nearly in tears now lol

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well, ive heard that Hondas get the best gas Mileage

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Hey Guys

i appreciate everyones feedback, but i am still hunting for the information i cant seem to find.

One person posted about his BMW in europe and i feel for him. But on the otherhand the distance traveled there is far less athan the average distance in the US. Also the population in england will be much less than in the US so i understand the high gas prices.

Here we have relatively inexpensive gas because we consume so much in the US. My milage per week can range from 500-1200 that is a combination of intown and highway.

So i am trying to hunt down the MPG silver bullet i saw on th TV. Please if someone knows about this commercial it would be helpfull to everyone.

Thanks for all of the great post so far.

apc

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Shoot the station an email. If they dont answer, keep buggin them.

2000 miles per tank, eh? How big is the tank? I picture a Honda hauling a tanker.

I think I recall hearing something about a water fuel mixture before... that it was bogus. Not only does petrol and water not mix, the water doesnt mix with the oil in the engine either. Too much water in the engine will displace the oil, leading to hydrolock. That's an extreme, but just shows that engines don't like water.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Yes i thought the same about gas and water kind of like oil and water not mixing but it just seemed very interesting.

Thanks

Originally posted by apc
Shoot the station an email. If they dont answer, keep buggin them.

2000 miles per tank, eh? How big is the tank? I picture a Honda hauling a tanker.

I think I recall hearing something about a water fuel mixture before... that it was bogus. Not only does petrol and water not mix, the water doesnt mix with the oil in the engine either. Too much water in the engine will displace the oil, leading to hydrolock. That's an extreme, but just shows that engines don't like water.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
BMW M5? What do you do for a living? Sheesh

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Maybe it wasn't petroleum, but a derivative of it. You can mix water with specific compounds of hydrocarbons. But it wouldn't be any straight-chain carbon or nonpolar molecule. Because water has high polarity, it would seperate unless mixed with a secondary or tertiary alcohol type of hydrocarbon.

The fuel must have 2 alkyl group attached somehow to the chain or carbons for it to even want to mix with water.

Therefore, it is possible. But I think that this is a hoax, when you add water to a burning alcohol, it absorbs the heat because water has a high heat capacity and enough of it would keep it hot, but too much would put the flame out. But only when it burns in a cloth or something of that fasion. Maybe it runs on thermal energy? (kept in by the water)

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Sounds like snake oil.

Someone is trying to make a quick buck on the fact that *everyone* wants better gas mileage. I honestly doubt such a product even works.

top topics

join