It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell phone cameras and the golden age of cryptozoology?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This past weekend i was out camping, and i then i wondered "what if i came across bigfoot?"

well, i realized that all 17 of the people on the trip had cellphones, and we all had cameras on them.

as time goes on, could this truely end mysteries like bigfoot?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Mysteries never end. Cameras and cell phones only make it better. That's why there are mysteries, the invention of the camera and video camera made people want more, like the Patterson-Gimlin film, image if we never had that image, how the world would know what bigfoot looks like. There have been so many other worse inventions than cellphones with cameras on them to make the mysteries disappear. It is what's in our minds that makes these mysteries real.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I have to agree with evil minds, There's a reason why so many people spend their time on ATS and other similar forums, they love everything that's mysterious, for example, this summer I finally visited Loch Ness, there were a lot of tourists over there, and ofcourse a lot of them made jokes about nessie and how fake he is...

But when you see them standing next to the lake, they constantly have their eyes focused on the water, just in case something will pop out

Second, critics will always be critics, they won't change their opinions unless a live Bigfoot/nessie/alien is caught, so your phone will not help you much more

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
i agree, until we catch one (or in the case of aliens have a hopefully peaceful interaction) many people will still be skeptical

however, cell phone cameras have been used by victimized people to have criminals arrested, why can't the same technology have a scientific benefit?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
It'll just add mystery to any legend, especially if you're stuck with a 0.3 or 1.3 megapixel camera on your phone. But yes, I personally think that it could solve some things. Helmet-mounted cameras anyone?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Cell phone videos and photos would / will only deepen the mystery about the 'mythical' cryptids.

DNA / Hair samples, or even better, a corpse would be the evidence required to solve these mysteries. Historically, these have been hard to come by.

In all seriousness though, I'm just as happy for the various varieties of 'hairy man' to stay a mystery.

Look what humanity has done to other rare animals once they were recognized by science. We drive them to extinction.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Yeah good point i think that we will eventually find out everything there is to know on this planet and move to another one
(if 2012 doesn't happen lol)

join