It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The decline of the English language in America

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Just as latin suppossedly died out so is the desire to dumb down English.
This all has to do with percieved sheeple meanings of words in everyday conversation versus actual meanings in law. We are ruled by English Anglo-Saxon Common Law buried beneath a layer of Admiralty/Maritime law.
Grammar, punctuation, spelling, & precise phrasing are all extreme components to language when entering the legal world.
The majority of Judges being English, American, Canadian, Spanish, German, Polish, Italian, etc understand legal maxims which are latin, many lawyers, prosecutors, attorneys, & judges still use them in everyday court proceedings.
The average person has no idea what was just said. This has been done on purpose to prevent average people from obtaining lawful remedy on their own.
All acts of Parliament, bills of congress, executive oders are written in lawful legaleze which Joe & Mary six pack cannot understand even when it is in their own native tongue. This is to prevent you from understanding the system and makes it easier to victimize & be preyed upon by the elite.
Grab a Black's law dictionary and skim through various words, you will be shocked at what everyday people use in conversation & slang as an implied meaning usually enforced by popular culture which is completely opposite in the legal world.
"Traffic" is a good example: it doesn't mean cars on the street it means the trading of commercial goods.
"Includes" doesn't mean all encompassing it means only pertaining to yet we are deliberately taught in public to school to 'include' everyone which in law would be impossible unless the word was placed in the phrase 'includes but not limited to'.
In law you deal with legal fiction, your First name & Last name are a legal gov't created fiction, your Given name & surname are nouns which although sound alike and are spelled the same do not equl each other in law.
We are talking major Alice in wonderland stuff here!
Remember the United Nations sets the school curriculm for all countries in the IMF, they do that to purposely dumb everyone down so they can't escape a voluntray form of economic slavery with a lawful remedy.
You should always spell your name like this:
John-Lee: Smith NOT John, L. Smith as taught in school.
This is how Benjamin Franklin & the majority of american ForeFathers spelt their names. Everything is a scam.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
BattleofBatoche

Interesting and thanks for bringing this to us.

I am a Spanish teacher and I know for sure that the language use in courts, health and some others are more from the Latin.

But the Latin is a death language.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'm all for people speaking their native tongue at home, or in their particular ethnic environment. But as far as social policy, I think its just a no-brainer that english is our main language.

Pointing out that we need bi-lingual this and that only underscores the fact that there are a flood of illegals among us. I don't mean to sound ugly, but you come here, speak english.

If I got to France, I'm gonna havta speak French, unless I wanna git screwed over.. and the same for anywhere else.. and I respec that.

Is it too much to ask for the same?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Well ECK some may thing that . . . that is the case asking to much to preserve the language in which this nation was founded.

Too many issue going around that has to do with the unwillingness of many to accept the English language as their own.

Others just invent new worlds with English to make the language more of their own.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Well, I am personally getting ready to take Spanish (for work) and as a prelude to a class I'm taking in school. I'm all for speaking bilingualy. But for business in the USA, I say speak English. It just makes sense. Dig?

Marg, you MUST help me with my spanish.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The universal language of business is English, much to the chagrin of the French. English is not the easiest language to learn, I am told, but according to those who know, it is a very efficient language and that is why it has become the language of international business, not because someone dictated such.

I'm with ECK on this one. Being bilingual is an assest to the individual, but for a nation, it can only come to no good. Those who tell you otherwise are being less than truthful.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
"Everyone" in the USA speaks English. I think the next constitutional ammendment to constitution should make English the language of this country.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
i hate spanish in school, unless you plan on going to spain or wherever else you dont need it so why do we learn it? the aliens should have to learn english we should not have to learn their language

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I bet you call yourself a Christian huh? You sound pretty ignorant to me. People like you are so ignorant about the world around you that the idea of being a well rounded person probably escapes you huh?

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I don't think you should be forced to learn Spanish in school, but there are advantages to learning any new language. I think that it broadens your mind and improves your vocabulary. I've used books, tapes, and the internet to try teaching myself some Spanish. Since I don't have anyone to actually speak it to me, I'm sure my pronunciation is abominable, but oh well.

I found when I went to Mexico this past summer, that the natives were much nicer to me for trying to speak their language than they were to some of the other Americans who made no effort to do that. Believe me, I'm not fluent at all but I tried. I also got better bargains on the souvenirs I brought back.

I might've made them laugh with my halting, southern drawled, rusty Spanish, but that's okay. I laughed with them and had quite alot of fun.

I thought that English was already the official language of the U.S.?

If I ever moved to Mexico I'd definitely learn to speak Spanish fluently just to be able to get along better. Immigrants should do the same and learn English.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join