It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Lobster Real or Photochopped?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
From the evidence on the sites it sounds real enough,
but i want a blue one as a pet!

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

he photoshopped that picture.

Zap must be a little slow today.

Complete lack of sleep, and realizing that it was 1120, and I was supposed to be at work at 1130 NOT 12.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I saw that first one on national geographic. They are beautiful.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Can the blue ones be bred to create more blue ones? It would seem as if they could be, but, for example, when two lefties have kids, their kids are not necessarily left handed. I've seen shrimp-sized "electric blue lobsters" at a pet shop, but big blue lobsters are more fun (or is it less fun? I always forget).

Do you think this is natural or part of an evil government plot (obviously involving oil, the loch ness monster, and aliens)?

[edit on 16-7-2006 by SmileyMan34]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Actually they HAVE bred colored lobsters. That was where I first heard about them. They were "designer" lobsters as a science experiment.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I would like a blue one as a pet too. Just to add to the tread this could be genetically made. Cause I heard of a dog made in a lab to help defend against lion in Africa (I just heard it I don't know if it true but will look it up) so who knows.

Thats my $.02

[edit on 17-7-2006 by El Che]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
i'd go with it being true
we used to trawl up colored crays in torre's strait.
but we called them painted crays(lobsters for u folk in u.s)
and i have seen a two tone indian fish, only it was bright and light red
with a distinct straight line thru it.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I reckon it has been half boiled ;-)

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Check out this giant lobster that was landed of the coast of Dover, UK a few weeks ago. Admitted it’s not two-tone but it’s pretty impressive.

Apparently they put him back, because nobody had a pot big enough to cook it!

news.bbc.co.uk...

eyeball.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
One of these lobsters was caught off the east coast of Newfoundland just a month or two ago, the story was carried in the local papers and the lobster was donated to the Marine Interpretation Centre, Saltons Brook, Terra Nova National Park, Newfoundland.
Locally this rare type of lobster is called a 'Jokester'. The one caught in Newfoundland has the same side of the tail red, but the body is not red at all; the claw and legs are red on the same side of the tail.

www.cbc.ca...

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Landrider]

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Landrider]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Real. The half-and-half lobsters are hermaphrodites. I've seen at least five of them from credible sources.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
lobsters actually grow their shells in two independly genetic halves. its very rare, but not impossible for this to happen. from what i read the aquarium they gave this lobster to has had 3 of these mutations before.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Dont ear the lobster! They are cool and keep it in a big tank with water and watch it eat other big fish. I used to want to have a pet lobster during the time where I had alot of pet blue crayfish.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
One thing I learned about crayfish is that size doesnt matter like it does in bugs it depends on how good of a fighter crayfish they are. I had this little one and also a big one and they would terraform the fish tank to make houses. They would always fight over this one holo log that over the years all my fish would be fighting over that same log. Anyway, after they ate all the other overpopulated guppies in the container which when I bought them I only bought 2 then one died and the other one must of been pregnate and then they took over the top half of the fish tank. Well since there was no "eats" on the top, the little one fighted the big one with bigger claws and he won. Then he ate the middle of the big one so it would look like someone took a big, really big bite that took up the whole middle of the crayfish. And thats how I learned size doesnt matter.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This accually happens, as wierd as it is.

Here's another one (External Link)

That guy needs to buy a lottery ticket.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The same left-right color division is seen in some humans with chimerism. It theoretically could be real. Such disorders happened when cells merge very early during reproduction. Although, I'm not sure if the mechanics of non-mammal reproduction allow for chimerism.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Ah yes...
The famed/legendary yin-yang lobster.
If caught, it'll grant you a wish if you let it go.
However, to cook it, you must fry one side, and boil the other (simultaneously) and use half butter and half old-bay.

Nah, just joking.
Looks fake to me.
Or, it may be real.
Maybe it's half real and half fake?

[edit on 7/17/2006 by wu kung]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Well you learn something everyday. I'll never look at a lobster the same way again.

There is a lesson in this for many at ATS though: saying that something is photoshopped because it is easy to say it and the odds are on your side is no longer the best way to show that you know something.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
That is one cool looking lobster. I watch Discovery all day and have never seen that before. I've got 10 years on the sea.

Now for the most important question. Which side is best with butter? Melted butter. Mmmmmmmmm. Butter. Lobster. I must sadly go eat some chips now because suddenly I'm hungry.

Good find though. I say its real.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Here is a link to a video of said lobster, from tonight's news (Yes, there really IS nothing else going on in Maine)

The chimeric freak is real and, God help me, I want to eat him.

Ed: Link is to the right of the page, sorta hidden

#2: Looking at him from another medium, I realized the our news guy sort of looks like
Mark Trail

[edit on 17-7-2006 by TheGoodDoctorFunk]

[edit on 17-7-2006 by TheGoodDoctorFunk]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join