It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven Blasts Rock Indian Commuter Train Network

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
7 explosions have hit commuter trains in the Indian financial district of Mumbai India. Early reports are stating 20 have been confirmed dead with scores injured. Islamic extremists had killed eight people in Kashmir earlier in the day.

Yaho o News
Seven explosions hit Bombay's commuter rail network Tuesday evening during rush hour, ripping apart train compartments, officials said. Indian television reported dozens may have been killed.

Chaos engulfed the crowded rail network in India's financial capital following the blasts, and authorities struggled to determine the number of casualties.

Indian television reported the death toll could be in the dozens. News channels broadcast video of the wounded sprawled on train tracks and being carried through stations to ambulances, past twisted and torn train compartments.

Witnesses reported seeing bodies parts strewn about stations.

Pranay Prabhakar, the spokesman for the Western Railway, confirmed that seven blasts had taken place.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

All Trains have been cancelled at this time and officials are asking people to stay away from the rail network. Further more the whole country of India has been placed on Red Alert.

This is not good news at all. More details as they become available.

[edit on 7/11/2006 by shots]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Its being reported on all the news networks now.

Its being noted that the attacks are similar to the MO of al-qaida, mutliple explosions, targeting transportation systems, and Bombay is also an important financial city.

Of course, India has a long history of being hit by terror attacks, so it still is up in the air I'd think.

Other nations attacked by al-qaida have been attacked for being western and supporting the WOT, like England and Spain. Outside of that, jewish sites have been hit, such as places that jews would go on vacations. And now, possibly if this was al-qaida, we see the other 'big enemy' of islamism, polytheistic india, being marked and attacked. In the militant islamo-fascist worldview, I suppose it makes a sick sort of sense to lump all these places together, they're not islamic and they don't kowtow to militant islam.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Live reports via Fox from India are now stating the explosions took place over a period of 15 minutes roughly two minutes apart which is similar to the 7/7 attack in London. Indicating to me this has al qeda written all over it, and that is just my guess.

In Addition they are now reporting 80 confirmed dead and many more casualties are expected. Allegedly over 300 individuals have been reportedly injured.

Indian officals are stating the Five blasts in Kashmir do not appear to be related at this time.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
And since this IS a Conspircy Forum Board:

More Highly Credible Whistle Blowers Identifying Global 'Al-Qaeda' Terrorism as State Controlled

Back in July 2005 we released an article which called for, "all governments who still operate outside of the control of the Globalists to come forward and join humanity in unveiling the real terrorists who are attempting to deform the world into a prison planet."

"We are calling on all whistleblowers to reveal themselves now and stand with us in the corner of truth and the future of this species. These bastards are indiscriminate killers and withholding information only paints a bigger target on your forehead. Your words need to be heard."

"On a governmental level the challenge is here before you. Either scream from the rooftops about government orchestrated terrorism or sit back and watch your country become a victim of it as it is wrestled away from your hands and placed in the domain of a black and cancerous global dictatorship."

The Globalists are reeling and exposure of government sponsored terror has them on the ropes. Some developments might even tempt us to speculate that they have backed off using terror to attempt further seizures of power. The Globalists are like junkies, every terror attack has less and less of a fear impact on the general public. Therefore the attacks need to increase in scale to have any real impact. However, increasing the scale only increases the size of the Globalists' dirty fingerprints all over the crime. They are frozen by the fear of being caught.

You can not deny it - the Terrorist attacks all over the Globe are on the Rise.

Why?

Becase of Islamic Militants?

What exactly is that helping them?

To get Carped Bombed to Stone Age?

With every Terrorist Attack World Goverments start to Unite against this Terrible Threat of World Terrorism and start to stand as One;

One Goverment.

One Army.

One Order.

New World Order.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Latest is that the death toll is now over 104 people according to the police there,

Skynews

reauters

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
CNN (tv) says: "at least 70 dead"...

edit: never mind. They've upgraded to "at least 100 killed" now. Rising fast.

edit 2_ "at least 135 killed in explosions"...

[edit on 2006/7/11 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Seven explosions on "7/11". I see, I see.

Originally posted by asala
Latest is that the death toll is now over 104 people according to the police there,

I just heard that too. Tragedy.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Its also been reported that the indian government arrested members of Lashkar-e-Taiba, an islamist seperatist group.

There are elements of this attack that smack of al-qaida, but, at the same time, this is india, it doesn't require al-qaida or osama bin laden to have an islamist terror attack there, its happened many times in the past. Heck, india even has hindu suicide bombers, the Tamil Tigers, in the south. Al-qaida shouldnt' be the first suspect.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Just 135????

Ask me. I travelled in those trains. each compartment will have almost 300 - 400 ppl. & I m sure death toll will be more than 1000 as people jumped from running train to save life. Govt figure never matches real figure.

Govt of india will do nothing about this.

I haven't seen any other govt like india. Govt of India is coward. They won't dare anything. I like US & russia Govt . They mean business.

Also rest of world knows that pakistan is supporting terrorist. even all reports from US & world says that Pakistan has terrorist training camps but world will do nothing unless something goes wrong in their own country.

yeah I m an Indian. feel So pity & sad for people who suffered loss.

Originally posted by Hellmutt
CNN (tv) says: "at least 70 dead"...

edit: never mind. They've upgraded to "at least 100 killed" now. Rising fast.

edit 2_ "at least 135 killed in explosions"...

[edit on 11-7-2006 by netscape]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Im interested in this....personally I think the whole terrorist thing may be a total cover(worldwide)......so far 135 ppl killed is most recent tally...this is a true tragedy regardless of exactly how it happened....Nice find...even though its the only thing on the News right now....

Hopefully they find out how this happened and they take the neccesary steps to make sure it doesnt happen again.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by netscape
Also rest of world knows that pakistan is supporting terrorist. even all reports from US & world says that Pakistan has terrorist training camps but world will do nothing unless something goes wrong in their own country.

Well Pakistan has at least publically decried these attacks as deplorable terrorism. Of course, who knows what they really think about them given the long-term tensions between India and Pakistan?

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
just watching TV.....

It took more than one hour for police to reach to the place of blast.

Prime minister gave speech and headlines. I feel so sorry & bad.

Nothing is going to happen . No terrorists will be put on trial. ppl will be back to their normal life in day or two.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Correct.

Help terrorists and then publicly critisize them.

I hope taleban would have done same then I see how US would have reacted.

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Well Pakistan has at least publically decried these attacks as deplorable terrorism. Of course, who knows what they really think about them given the long-term tensions between India and Pakistan?

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
CNN: "Report: Another bomb found and defused"

There goes the 7 bombs theory...

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
CNN: "Report: Another bomb found and defused"

There goes the 7 bombs theory...

Wasn't there one bomb that did not go off in London also? If so there could be a pattern forming similar to 7-7

Death toll now put at 135 dead

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Mod there are multiple thread on this. Can you please lock others or this and make sure only one is open.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Mod there are multiple thread on this.

One is allowed on atsnn and another could be on ats.

Here is the ats thread: Blasts in India financial capital.

Both threads stay open until a mod says otherwise

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Horrible. Just horrible. FOX News is now reporting over 120 dead and over 300 injured.

There is no way that anybody can defend these terrorists. How can a person/culture/religion inflict so much pain and call it justified?

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
While i am also sad at teh event that has taken place, maybce just liek conspiracies of the 7/7 bombing, was this an inside job? I mean since the gov has been needing this kind of situation to help entice the public to support their war and help their publicity numbers, it could have been anyone.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Orrrrrr....it could've been one of the many seperatists armies that are active in india.

Why would anyone need to manufacture a terror attack in india? That'd be like manufacturing a car bombing in baghdad or a suicide bombing in israel, redundant. You could just wait for one to pop up.

<<   2 >>

join