It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist attack in Europe: moldovia!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
An explosion ripped apart a small bus in a separatist Moldovan region Thursday, killing eight people and injuring 46. More than half of those injured in the explosion in Tiraspol, capital of Trans-Dniester, were seriously hurt, prosecutor Ivan Lesukov was quoted as saying Moldova's official Olvia Pres news agency. A photo showed the remains of the bus with its roof and sides blown off. The cause of the explosion was not immediately known, the news agency said, quoting the Interior Ministry press office. Most of those injured were passers-by, and 10 were passengers on another bus who were hurt by the impact of the blast. Lenta PNR said 12 passengers were travelling on the bus that exploded. Eight of them died and four were badly injured.
------RSOE-GLOBAL DISASTER AND EMERGENCY DATABASE

here's the link:
link to map and more info on the story

here's the thing i cant findn this in any major news network anywhere...why isnt anyone else reporting this except for the olvia press and the global disaster and emergency database?

DigitalGrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I got more links and sources on this incident in this post in another thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit:
it's actually 8 different sources including BBC (and North Korea Times
). There's a picture as well.

[edit on 2006/7/6 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I don't think this was a terrorist attack. Of course I can only speculate but I believe that one of the theories sounds likely. That it was a bomb intended to be used elsewhere (criminal groups at war with each other or an intended assassination) and that the bomb went off in the bus by mistake.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
the only reason why i say it was is because the global disaster and emergency database labels it as one and so does the olvia press which is the main press agency in the area. otherwise, i have no clue why they would say that

Digitalgrl

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
There is an investigation still going on so nothing can be ruled out yet. Anything is still possible. Moldovan investigators are not allowed in Tiraspol, so I guess someone there might use this incident to further their agenda. Tiraspol and Moldova are not friends. Technically Tiraspol is in Moldova but they believe they are an independent state and is also acting as such. Tiraspol wants more Russian troops to come there and many of the dead and injured were Russian army people. A Russian Army captain and a sergeant were among the injured. I guess one of the options which cannot be completely ruled out (yet anyway) is that Tiraspol itself might have staged this "terrorist attack" to get more support from Russia.

Who could have done it?

• Moldovan secret services?

• Transnistrian secret service?

• Mafia people?

One thing is for sure though. It was a bomb and it was either deliberate or an "accident"...

• posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 12:45 AM
    link   
    From what I heard it was a terrorist carrying a bomb that accidently went off prematurely in the wrong place when he was transporting it on the bus...but who really knows?

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 12:53 AM
    link   
    Hellmutt
    You have to remember that
    Transnistrian secret service=Mafia
    Isn't gunrunning still the main source of income for transdniester?

I highly doubt it was an atempt to get more Russian support, most likely it was just local "politics", since change of leadership by a bomb is much more efficient than by elections

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 01:15 AM
    link   
    yea dj, that is what i am gathering from the news sources. it has definatly been labeled a terrorist attack. my link that i put on my inital post shows it....so who knows

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 02:53 AM
    link   

Originally posted by northwolf

Transnistrian secret service=Mafia
    Isn't gunrunning still the main source of income for transdniester?

Indeed. I was only checking if anybody has paid attention to my thread

When I started that thread there was nothing in the media at all from that place. If only people knew how many weapons from there have been used in wars around the world, and still is. It's strange how little people know about this place (media blackout). Tiraspol, the largest weapons arsenal in Europe. Weapons for sale to anyone with money. I.e. any terrorist can buy a radioactive Alazan rocket (a flying dirty bomb) for 200,000$. Where do you think Viktor Bout got his weapons from? Not all weapons came from Tiraspol but most of it. Lots of Ak47s of course but also helicopters and anti aircraft guns, etc. Bout also airlifted 200 tanks to the Taliban. Lots of the stuff where sold in Africa but also in South America and other places. Wherever there were people hungry for weapons and with money to pay for it (or diamonds & gold)...

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 02:09 PM
    link   
    It turns out that the bomb was set off inside the bus on purpose after all... maybe...

Moldova.org: A kamikaze set up the explosion in Tiraspol

07 July 2006

The yesterday’s explosion in Tiraspol was set up by a kamikaze. This is the version considered by the Transnistrian press, saying that these are the preliminary data of the investigation.

According to it, on the minibus route no.21, a young man entered with huge rucksack, which drew the attention of the survived driver. The terrorist activated the bomb shortly after he entered the vehicle.

The searchings performed at the home of the suspect found a bomb similar to that involved in the transport unit.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 02:47 PM
    link   
    Why am I not surprised by these crazy allegations? They claim that Moldova has contacted Al Qaeda to carry out terror acts in Tiraspol in order to make the Russian troops withdraw. Propaganda

Regnum: Transdnestr official: “Voronin inclined members of terrorist organizations in various countries to carry out terror acts in Transdnestr”

07/07/2006

Somebody did not like that the Russian peacekeepers went on so well with their duties. The terror act [a taxi minibus exploded in the center of Tiraspol on July 6 — REGNUM] is just an attempt to discredit the Russian peacekeepers before the summit of the G8 in Saint Petersburg in order to raise the question of their withdrawal from the conflict zone

”In my opinion, a definite trace of the Moldavian special services can be seen in the terror act. Recently, state officials and members of Moldavian special services have become regular visitors to some countries where terrorist organizations are present, particularly, to Albania. Voronin has met people who support terrorists in Chechnya and al-Qaeda. According to our data, President of Moldavia Vladimir Voronin and officials of Moldavian special services inclined members of terror organizations in various countries to carry out terror acts in Transdnestr. They seem to have succeeded in it.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 09:02 PM
    link   
    Transdniester is a curious little place that even few Europeans know anything about. After all of the Soviet states started separating in the early 90's, there were a number of conflicts because the ethnicities in these republics became mixed across borders during Soviet Union Era. Nagorno Karabakh, South Ossetia, Chechnya, Transdniester, Crimea, Abkhazia and several more are all regions affected by this strife.

As I see it Transdniester wants independence from moldova due to a large majority of its population being Russian (same thing in Crimea). If everyone else got their independence, why can't transdniester. Yet Moldova also hold claim to its land. With new US presence in the region, it is a thorn in NATo's and EU's side- a thorn they will try to tear out as soon as possible and any way possible. I cannot even speculate who carried out this bombing. But a conflict is brewing there, with US and its allies in Ukraine and Moldova trying to isolate the poor region from its trade routes with Russia. They are slowly starving its population in an attempt to destroy its ambitions of independence. I highly doubt however that this attack was carried out by people of Transdniester. More likely that it was pro Moldovan (pro-NATO) powers.

And about premature bomb explosion- what kind of an idiot would tranfer a device planned for terrorist action on a bus belonging to the side you are supporting. A private car is more like it.

[edit on 7-7-2006 by maloy]

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 09:06 PM
    link   
    I also think that the whole Mafia presence in Tiraspol is overated by NATO and EU sources. The region is more like Belarus (Soviet era) than a mafia state. A military state- perhaps, but believe there is far more mafia activities in places like Baltics, Poland, and Romania than Tiraspol.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 05:28 AM
    link   
    thanks for participating in my thread guys. you made some interesting observations. i guess we will have to wait and see what becomes of this.

Kind regards,
    digitalgrl

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:15 PM
    link   
    I posted this in another thread. Updating here as well.

Two brothers have been found guilty of the bus bombing. They were sentenced to nine and ten years in prison.

Pravda: Two brothers indicted for planned bus explosion in Moldova

10/25/2007

A court found two brothers guilty of making an improvised bomb which exploded on a small bus last year in province of Trans-Dniester, killing eight and injuring 46.

The men, identified as Aleksandr and Sergey Varbasevici, were sentenced Wednesday by a court in the province's capital, Tiraspol, to nine and 10 years in prison, respectively.

Prosecutors claimed during the trial that the two made the bomb and sold it to a woman, Elena Litvinenko, who was transporting it on the bus when it exploded on July 6, 2006. She died in the explosion.

The name of the woman who was carrying the bomb on the bus was Litvinenko!

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:56 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Hellmutt

Thanks for the update!

Now,

The name of the woman who was carrying the bomb on the bus was Litvinenko!

You don't think....
    I mean it might be like "Smith" or "Davis" or "Jones"...

Nahhhhhhh....

Cuhail

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:55 PM
    link   
    Coincidence? Litvinenko (the "poisoned spy") was murdered/poisoned by Polonium (Po-210), which happen to be used as triggers for suitcase nukes. And more than 100 suitcase nukes are allegedly missing from Transnistria (according to Alexander Lebed). I don't know if this means anything at all, but it's an interesting detail that this woman's name happened to be Litvinenko...

Related thread:
    Putin does it again!!! (poisoned spy)

top topics

join