It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CFB Suffield/CFB Cold Lake: Canada's Area 51?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
DSO

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
CFB suffeild in Southern Alberta is canada's second largest military base at 2,690 km square in area. In the past it has been used to test chamical and biological weapons (including nerve gas). Recently it has become a major defense resurch center and training ground for british and canadian troops.

This base (as seen in the google image below) has strange road configurations, and a history of mysteroius research and training. Do you think it has the potential to be canada's Area 51 (at least for ground forces)?

CFB Cold lake, east of edmonton is the largest base at over 11,000Km square. Both bases have a repuation of being centers of research and weird activity.

Map: maps.google.ca...,-110.921402&spn=0.318901,0.675659&t=k&om=1

History (from the bases website):www.army.dnd.ca...

[edit on 28-5-2006 by DSO]

[edit on 28-5-2006 by DSO]

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It's possible, but I have some doubts about it. The area around there is rather undeveloped, there's not a lot of roads even off the base. It's also pretty flat there, and with the usual dry weather, you can see a long ways, there's really nowhere to hide anything. The size of the base is really the only thing that would enable anything to be done there in secret, especially with the Trans-Canada highway not far away.

We get the occasional British forces through where I work, I think it's mostly used as a gunnery range, and for desert type of training.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Incorrect...CFB Cold Lake, 11,700 square kilometres.

Central Alberta

DSO

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The area is very undeveloped with only the occasional farm/rancf near by. the closes major development is in medicine hat at 50 km away. Plus the area is very flat, exept for the occasional valley, allowing things to be kept out of sight very easily.

As for the "incorect" information supplied, a correction, CFB suffield is the largest Army base, while CFB Cold Lake is an Air Base.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I agree with the above posters. Facts are cool. Some may find this interesting, I've been doing some other research and I ran across a reference to Paul Hellyer and a "landing" site in St. Paul Alberta. Hmmm. LOL. Here's a fun link. Hellyer eh? UFO's eh? In some other unrelated research (Wilbert J. Smith) I found this relating to a supposed "Project Magnet", most interesting to see former Defense Minister Hellyer more recently active with the "Disclosure Crew". Maximum hmmm factor. Oh yeah a reference (not the one where I got the data originally... that was like '94) but try this current link it's supportive. BTW. I love the view of the mountains from Racecity Speedway, is it still there?

Thanx,

Victor K.

[edit on 28-5-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
@DSO

The title of the thread is "CBF Suffield - Canadas Biggest Military base"

Although CFB Cold Lake is an AFB it is still a "military base" Therefore, CFB Cold Lake IS Canadas biggest Military base at 11700 KM square or about 5 Luxembourg's. Lots of Jets and the occasional "funny lights" episode, also some fantastic fishing up there.

DSO

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
@ census

after looking at this in more depth, i agree. CFB Cold lake is canada's largest military base. Lets include CFB cold lake in this dicussion too. Both bases have secretive operations and resurch being conducted. Post all you know.

Note: title will be changed

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Found a link with Hellyer and Suffield. Fits with the story but mentions "Project Lure" and Wilbert J. Smith again. For those interest here it is.

Thanx,

Victor K.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Cold lake is far more likely, there isn't very much of an air of secrecy around Suffield, and when training is underway there, it is usually posted in the local newspapers to warn people not to pick up any stray ammunition as it is live.

There were also wild horses living in the area until 1994, when a section of the base was declared a wildlife sanctuary and permanently closed to public access.

www.suffieldmustangs.homestead.com...

If anything really secret is going on at Suffield, it would be in the preserve.

And yes, VK, Race City is still here.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Seems the last PM's plane reported a UFO at Suffield on Mar 21st 2004 too as confirmed by credible researcher Chris Rutkowski, here. Suffield Alberta may be very interesting indeed, thank you, DSO! Bizzare.

Thanx,

Victor K.

[edit on 28-5-2006 by V Kaminski]

DSO

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Hey i've been searching for some UFo incidents at Suffield and besides the PM's plane encountering one i found this, dating back to the 1950's:

www.hbccufo.org...

I'll update with more as I find them.

DSO

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I've found some more sightings of UFO's around (and even on) the bases

- www.nuforc.org...

- www.nuforc.org...

- www.nuforc.org...

- www.nuforc.org...

- www.nuforc.org...

- www.nuforc.org...

[edit on 31-5-2006 by DSO]

DSO

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Some new information has come to my knowledge. I have learned from a confidential source that the Canadian and British military are continuing to do questionable science at Suffield.

My source could not go into detail, however they did reveal to me that things are happening there that many would have a hard time beliving. Tests to determine dispursal patterns of agents for example use the actual agents and in many cases they are harmful/deadly.

I'm contiunuing to try and find out more, and when i do i'll be sure to pass it on. These bases are definitly up to strange stuff, the extent of which is still unknowen.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I worked at AETE (Aerospace Engineering Test Establishment) at Cold Lake for 9 years. AETE is Canada's Flight Test Center, same as Edwards, China Lake or Pax River. It would be a VERY big stretch to say that Cold Lake is the same as Area 51.

DSO

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Well the base i'm more concerned about is Suffield. there ahs been alot of strange activity there ove the years and it seems to have a more secretive air then the other bases around the country. However one can find alot more about Suffeild and Cold lake then Area 51, they even have their own websites. But what better place to hide something then right under our nose?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I can honestly say after living in Suffield for 6+ years thats its no area 51.

DRES does indeed test there, chemical desperments, well I certainly would hope our military would have an idea on how to combat chemical warfare, I would like to think they would indeed be smart enough to have an idea on how it desperses. Its a training area for ground troops. Suffiled also has an enormous amount of shallow drilled oil wells, perhaps part of the reason for the odd roads. There are many protected areas...for burrowing owls and alike as CFB Suffield is very concerned with protecting endangered wildlife.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
its really funny that, well actually sad that the people of canada have no idia we are secounds away from joining three countries together such as Canada,Mexico and the US. so a big base just make cents!

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
its really funny that, well actually sad that the people of canada have no idia we are secounds away from joining three countries together such as Canada,Mexico and the US. so a big base just make cents!

Where did you get this BS information? I am a Canadian, more specifically from Alberta (northwest) and about 400 miles from Cold Lake.

Keep in mind - our population is about 33 million (less than the population of California) and we have almost nada for military equipment or funds for them.

Therefore there wouldn't be much, if any, military resistance if the USA annexed Canada. It has always been a topic of conversation up here, however your suggestion that we are "secounds away from joining three countries together" is bogus, unless you can provide some facts to back up that statement.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Is this what you are referring to? Another conspiracy theory...

The North American Union, NAU, is a theoretical regional union of Canada, Mexico and the United States similar in structure to the European Union, sometimes including a common currency called the Amero. Officials from all three nations have said there are no government plans to create such an union, although the idea has been discussed and proposed in academic and scholarly circles, either as a union or as a North American Community (see Independent Task Force on North America). The formation of a North American Union has been the subject of various conspiracy theories.

from en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 8-6-2008 by FosterVS]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Well the North American Union was proposed, it most likely won't happen since it will create a united currency and then the Americans can't buy products and services from Mexico and Canada at a profit. There was also the idea of creating a separate entity based around Cascadia which would have included British Columbia, Alberta (for some reason), Washington, Oregon, and California.

Also, we actually have more "secret" or "covert" military installations than people think. There is one somewhere up in the Yukon that reportedly house a Canada-US aerospace program along with a fortified position near the Alaskan border. Don't know the names but there are occasionally truck convoys with steel girders and sacks of cement and crap like that with no conventional destination. That's why the Yukon sucks. We have no idea what happens up here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join